Foods that shocked you

Options

Replies

• WVmom24
    WVmom24 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    This sounds ridic but I have this "thing" about hot wings. If I get in the mood for hot wings, I can easily down about 40, all of them covered in ranch and blue cheese dressing. I looked up wings, they're usually around 50 calories each. So that's 2,000 calories, plus all of the dressing....god, I'd say that's 3,000 calories altogether. Two days worth of calories in one sitting. Dangerous delicious evil. :P

Also, Subway. When I think Subway, I think of it as a healthier alternative to fast food. But with my crazy appetite, if I go, I'll want a footlong. This girl can eat, obviously, lol. My favorite sub is a footlong spicy italian on flatbread with cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, and mayo. About 1,200 calories.
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I still eat ranch... moderation is key.
    ^^^^^^^
    BINGO!
    The only thing shocking about food is how shocked my body gets when I pig out.
    I suppose I was surprised about how bad processed food really is. Food companies are more interested in profit than lowering margins in favor of healthy alternatives that cut an investor's dividend.
    Welcome to the human race.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    Pei Wei Cool Lettuce Minced Chicken Wraps - how can you take such a small amount of chicken, veggies and make it SOOO calorie dense?
  • Jerrawuff
    Options
    Peanut butter... USed to eat is on EVERYTHING. Now I have it occassionally and only a Tbs. Still, so sad!
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    I thought I was pretty accurate on guessing calories by now, but we made a last minute stop at Perkins for breakfast and I ordered a farmers omelette without the meat.

When I went to put in my calories I almost died to see that the meal with hash browns and wheat toast was 1480 calories!!!

I only finished half, but still, that's crazy! I can see why people who eat out a lot have so much trouble sticking to calories. I can make a veggie omelette from scratch with light hash browns and a slice of toast for under 500 calories and eat the whole thing!

OMG! Perkins in general is outrageous!! I got so depressed when I found out a SHORT STACK of Perkins pancakes was 550 calories, without butter and syrup!!! And I was completely blown away when I found out my husband's favorite burger that he used to order out was 1300 calories alone. Add fries on top of that and a beer. Holy moley!
  • NanaWubbie
    NanaWubbie Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I can eat my weight in watermelon! I'm shocked that his so few calories! YEAH!!!!
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches!! 240 calories D:

That's if you use the light 45 calorie bread and only 1 tablespoon of PB and J. If you use regular bread and the 2 TB serving of PB, it's about 390 calories. I'm a PB&J addict. I used to eat 2-3 of those babies per day. Gross.
  • cindysho
    cindysho Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    live electric eel

You crack me up!! Lol!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,249 Member
    Options
    Nothing really shocks me. If I had to pick something I would say just how bad eating out was compared to making the same foods at home. I mean, I always knew there was a difference, but I didn't expect it to be such a large one!

I still eat ranch (though I get the Bolthouse Farms Yogurt based ranch) and peanut butter. I just make sure to measure and account for it. 2 tbl of peanut butter with an apple is one of my favorite snacks.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    A slice of Sbarro pepperoni pizza is like 750 cals... Thats something Id get for lunch or if I was feeling peckish at the mall. Shocking...
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    What shocks me is when people pass on their food issues to children. Too many children, particularly girls, are too concerned with their weight. Instead you should encourage them to be active and enjoy every food life has to offer in moderation.
  • lucasriggs
    Options
    Nuts. My god they are calorie dense.

Bacon. It shocked me how low calorie each strip was!
  • moneypenny50
    moneypenny50 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    After starting to keep track of the calories on this website. I realized I consume way too many calories in my many many cups of coffee. :(
  • rlmiller73190
    rlmiller73190 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Yellow mustard! I thought for some reason that it would be chock full of calories, but it has ZERO!
  • SpiritRockBernie
    Options
    subway. Jarod duped us.
  • vg8pr0
    vg8pr0 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I also am a "ranch" lover, but was shocked to see the calories. I found Walden Farms Ranch dressing for 0 calories. Its not an exact match but it works.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    I'm actually more sad that a 9-year-old would be horrified that something was fattening, and say they would "be fat forever," meaning they already think they are fat.

*sigh*

^^^ this shocks me too
  • LoriIone
    LoriIone Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Ranch is the only dressing I like. So I use the Hidden Valley Light, it is so good, and I use moderation too!
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I still eat ranch... moderation is key.

You can get yogurt based Ranch Dressings that are actually quite low in calories while being fairly high in protein. At our grocer they are found in the produce section (have to be refrigerated).
  • victoriavoodoo
    victoriavoodoo Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Pecans, calzones, TATOR TOTS

I love tator tots, and when I found out a large Sonic tator tot order was over 900 calories I spiraled into a depression until I went grocery shopping and found frozen ones that you bake instead of frying that are like 350 for that many. They aren't as crispy so I have to slightly burn them to get the crunch I want, but otherwise they are quite good.