Anyone else get the blues when they don't workout??

Options
124»

Replies

• dsmrunner
    dsmrunner Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Definitely, but one thing that has helped me is I that always try to get *something* done during the day if I know I'm going to miss a workout. For example, I work on the 8th floor of our office building, so I might take the stairs that day - no elevators. Or, if I can at least make it into the gym for only 20 minutes, well, that'll have to do.

Over the years I've learned to not get too upset about missing a workout since there's always a new day tomorrow. But days without a workout are always better (unless it's a rest day - ha!),
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    A week off from injury.....Flipping out! have a few more days and I cannot wait to lift and get back to routine. It really made me see,how important exercise regulates my moods and energy.
  • alynngunn208
    alynngunn208 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have that problem with even a day off. I had to learn the hard way that the body needs that rest day...physically, it's not hard to understand, but mentally it's a challenge that is difficult to get past. I've heard you can beat the blues by just taking a 15 minute walk....the fresh air does enough to keep your endorphins up but you're allowing your body that time to rest.