So what do you do on New Years Eve?

Options
1235»

Replies

• rubixcyoob
    Options
    I have never been out for New Years Eve and spent it with my family, never celebrated it with anyone I was with - nothing.

However, this year my parents have offered to take my son for the night (we stay here, no change for him) and I'm going to a flat party with my fiancee and our friends. It's our first NYE together together and it will be my first kiss at midnight.
    We plan on getting very drunk.

Any other year after this I'll be with my son and fiancee, in our home (hopefully).

Every New Year's Day though, we have a family lunch - myself, my son my parents, my sister, my grandparents, my aunt and her family - at a restaurant. 3 courses of pure bliss.
    This year the fiancee will be coming too.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I used to just spend it alone, watching a dvd and messing around online, nothing else beyond that, but now I have a bf, will be having a meal out and seeing it in together. I don't drink really, do probably wont be going near alcohol.
  • rosesigil
    rosesigil Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    No bf yet so I will be staying home--in bed by 10 prolly--maybe next year I will go out!
  • ReachingNEON
    ReachingNEON Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Welp!! This is year 2, my family, my dad's brother's family, and the family friend's family go to Myrtle Beach and stay in a fauncy hotel and go in the pool and hang out..leaving tomorrow!! :))
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    People here workout and eat good to have a healthy lifestyle but then they also drink alcohol, How bad is it for your liver doesn't that bother you?

It's really all about moderation. No, alcohol isn't great for you, but the body is great at overcoming the effects of it as long as the person isn't drinking large amounts on a daily basis. It's the same thing with junk food. If you take it with moderation, the body can recover with no problems.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I usually head up to the ski resort and watch the ball drop in a cozy house. This year I'm sadly missing out due to having to work on Monday and my husband volunteered to work both days. So we are staying home. Maybe go out to a irish pub and enjoy the Irish New Years as some people were mentioning otherwise not worth it. I really don't like driving anywhere ... and its cold... with drunk drivers.

Otherwise would totally do something!!
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    As per usual, I work new year's day so no drunken partying for me. Suits me fine.. I like to go out and drink socially, but I prefer it to be with a few close friends, and not crazy parties that last well into the next day! Though I would be lying if I didn't say that I hope next year I'll be able to do something special, and seeing the ball drop in NYC would be awesome.
  • janahcarter
    janahcarter Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My little one is going to stay at his Papa and Nanny's house while Mommy & Daddy get their drink on at a friend's house. It's extremely rare for our son to stay the night at anyone's house so I don't feel too guilty about it.
  • lovelyMYlovely
    lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    well now that i have kids its like any other day.... we dont think that its good to start the new year off drinking... we like starting the new year off better than that.... but if i didnt have kids i would be having so much fun going to a party and drinking lol.. cant no more
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I have no plans this year... Probably be alone watching tv..

I thought I was the only one alone on NYE, yay for one more, haha

You are SO not alone.
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    My bf and I are going to see a concert.
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I stay in with my kids and avoid the big crowds. Watch the ball drop on TV and enjoy reflecting back on the year. I usually make a list of my goals and resolutions for next year. I love the start of a new year.
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Working behind a bar getting everyone else drunk while waiting to call last orders..... Be nice to your bar staff people!
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I'll be soaking the black-eyed peas for NYD and will text my husband at his work to wish him a Happy New Year at midnight. I've always enjoyed New Year's Day far more than the night before.
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Home with the missus, toasting the Russian NY at 2100GMT and again for UK NY at 0000GMT. Jules Holland on telly goes down well.
  • PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    We'll be at a friend's house with a small group. I prefer intimate gatherings to big crowds and since it's "Amateur Night" out on the roads, it's better to stay close to home. And, per tradition, I'll kiss my husband when the ball drops in Times Square.