Anyone else fall off the wagon in December?

Options

Replies

• childermass
    childermass Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I feel terrible today - but no wonder as yesterday (boxing day) was the WORST!
    Eat ALL THE LEFTOVERS!
    Sodium - over
    fat - over
    carbs - over
    protein - over
    calories - over
    everything was RED!
    just feel bleh today.
    If I can drag myself back to the trail where I saw the wagon go past a few days ago I will try to catch up with it.
  • edge_dragoncaller
    edge_dragoncaller Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    The wagon had already went around the bend by the time I stood back up, now I have to cut across the woods to try to head it off and jump back on.
  • _KATzMeow
    _KATzMeow Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I ate more than usual but I did not gain anything.
  • Rebirth08
    Rebirth08 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I have fallen and am struggling to get up! I stopped posting my meals on here because I knew it would be WAYYYYYYY over the goal. I am trying to start fresh again!

Just a bit of encouragement if you'd like: log, even when it's not the healthiest option. It's the best way to stay on track. I did that from 12/22-12/25. I went over, sure, but I stay accountable and didn't feel the need to hide anymore. Seeing the good and the bad lets us know how far we come, but how much work we need. I think that helps us all stay on track a little more than hiding our mess ups...
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Just climbed back on the wagon, actually. Figured I'd so less damage if i came back before Christmas, rather than after. Logging Christmas goodies is brutal, but keeps me honest. Lol
  • Rebirth08
    Rebirth08 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    yepp fell off but gona get back on :D we can do this! the sugar addiction is the worse ><

Yep, I realized that it is better to not even indulge, if only for a bit, because that stuff is so good to the palate and once we have it, it's hard to chill out. Possible, but hard...
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    im not going to say i "fell" of the wagon, because i planned for christmas eve and christmas at the begining of the month. i planned that the 24th and 25th would be my free days to splurge and have fun, and then on the 26th, it was back to work... thats exactly what ive done... so no, i didnt "fall" of the wagon, i stepped off of it for a minute, but jumped right back on...

i still logged every bite i took!!!
  • VeganZombie13
    Options
    Yup for about 8 days straight, BF came home from trucking, and Christmas sweets screwed me up big time..

BUT, Not going to let it get me down, Going to pick myself up, dust off the body (from being lazy), and get back on my routine!!
    I started Today!.. :bigsmile: :laugh:
  • kkimpel
    kkimpel Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    My mom died in November.. so I've actually been off the wagon since then.. I gotta climb back on there..
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I ate quite a bit more than usual this month, and I might have gained a little. But compared to past holiday seasons, December is looking pretty darn good for me. I think it's realistic to expect yourself to slack a little during the holidays; I wouldn't call that falling off the wagon.
  • moonglo82
    moonglo82 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I managed to not gain, even though I only exercised about three times in the last two weeks (until today). I actually lost a pound, but no doubt I lost a pound of muscle, which is not good when I'm within ten pounds of my goal weight and trying to increase my metabolism for when I transition to maintenance. And we won't talk about how much I ate... let's just say I didn't even bother logging a few days! Ick!
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Fell off the wagon in November at my Sisters wedding a day after Thanksgiving and then Chistmas Eve and Day and not really today but I was having a hard time keeping track of where I should and should not be last month and now this month and I am up 10 pounds from that TOM and I went back to Weight Watchers and MFP and feel much better about my food choices. Hoping for a big loss this month so tired of the 230s and 220s...time for the teens again.
  • LinsenNRoses
    LinsenNRoses Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Meeeee!! But back to normal logging and exercise tomorrow! I don't feel bad about it though, it's life and you gotta indulge once in a while! :smile:
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I didn't fall off any wagon, but I did make a conscious choice to immerse myself in the dietary chaos that is Christmas at my in-laws' and enjoyed not stressing out about my macros when the vast majority of available food involved generous amounts of simple carbs and fat. Back to normal, mostly, today and from here on.
  • lalalee13
    lalalee13 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry. Don't let one person get you off track. Blessings.
  • ToshaFeb268
    Options
    I didn't do too bad at all. My hubby and I visited my family this year for Christmas and we stayed at my parents house. My mom is nice and fit but during the holidays she whips up those southern meals that we all enjoy from time to time. I ate one plate but later on got a second helping of mac n cheese. I just love her mac n cheese. We just got home this evening and I stepped on the scale and already down 5 pounds. :happy:
  • AnnaMarieDinVa
    AnnaMarieDinVa Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I would not call it a "fall" as I always choose to indulge.
    It's part of the plan.
    From Thanksgiving to Christmas I lay off diet and exercise a bit - not totally.
    Usually, I gain 10-15 pounds.
    By the end of January I'll be back at my goal weight, and I want to kick things up a notch and lose additional weight.
    I envy those of you who just stay the course all the way.
    Not me...I need to drop back at times, gather my energies, then push ahead.

OMG...you and me both! I could have written this, but I am glad you did. I feel so normal now!! And I am excited to get back on track.
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    I did. Big time. Luckily, I maintained my weight and didn't gain.
  • ToshaFeb268
    Options
    I didn't fall off any wagon, but I did make a conscious choice to immerse myself in the dietary chaos that is Christmas at my in-laws' and enjoyed not stressing out about my macros when the vast majority of available food involved generous amounts of simple carbs and fat. Back to normal, mostly, today and from here on.

This is what I did. I wasn't stressed out at all about eating and felt great about my choices. No guilt and no falling off the wagon.
  • juewil
    juewil Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    i fell of the wagon the past 4 days getting back on as of 12/27/12.