Anyone else fall off the wagon in December?

Options

Replies

• bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    i've been indulging since 15th dec- my hubby's 40th bday party. have exercised maybe twice a week, and even then not that hard. i'd been flagging with the exercise for a few weeks before that too. there's been a lot of half full bottles of wine around at my place that have needed finishing!
    i'm feeling sluggish now, and i'm definately fatter. i'm prob up about 10lbs (i just don't know!), but i've really enjoyed the over indulgent break. it's good for me to do this (i've never done it for so long before). i ran a marathon in nov, and i just needed some time off to feel passionate about it again. i'll get back to it soon- i've got a half on 17th feb.
  • wccngr
    wccngr Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    MFP is really weird with that as I've been logging in daily from several different computers and it said I haven't logged in for a month, so I wouldn't be so certain. :)
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    oh yes, the sugar monster raised its ugly head and I went withoyt a fight into its trap. Gigis cupcakes, Burger Kings Gibgerbread milkshakes etc. but I am willing to go back to heathly eating, I think.
  • JosieJo2000
    JosieJo2000 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day were appalling, but I had factored that in. I think we're entitled to celebrate a little ;)

If 90% of your year is being good you're doing really well, and heading in the right direction.
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    According to my newsfeed, most of my friends have not logged in for a WHOLE MONTH! Talk about falling off the wagon!

I have several friends that have not logged in for a month also! But as for me, I decided to take Thanksgiving week, Christmas week and Birthday week off from logging in my diary. I am mindful of what I eat and I still exercise and weigh in on Sunday, just do not worry about counting calories those weeks. I actually lost 3lbs. on Thanksgiving week. I have probably eaten a bit more sweets this week since I do a lot of baking for Christmas, so I am not expecting the same results. Hopefully I will just maintain. =)
  • torrini
    torrini Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I've spent a week at my parents and there's been nothing else to do but eat :I But I'm going home today and getting back on track again. I'm not being too hard on myself about it though, it's Christmas after all.
  • Charloo1990
    Charloo1990 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    I'll find out today, day 1 back on the diet/logging. I did really well through out all of December as hard as it was cause as gifts i got tons of chocolate and then at work there was chocolates and biscuits everywhere but i got through it and by christmas eve i'd got to my christmas target weight. I allowed myself Christmas Eve, Christmas day and Boxing day off and whoah am i feeling the christmas bloat now. I'm actually so glad to be back to logging now. Going out for New years eve so need to de bloat now haha!
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Oh man, have I fallen off the healthy eating track. I have kept up with MOST of my exercise (zumba and running) but my eating has really been bad. I've put on 6 pounds over the month and am finding that it's affecting my running big time. I have a half marathon to run in 2 weeks, and I'm getting a little worried about it.
  • swat1948
    swat1948 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Well I didn't exactly fall off the wagon...but I ate everything I wanted on Christmas Day! That was my Christmas present to myself. But the day after Christmas I got right back on, but I gotta tell you after nearly a year of sticking to my calorie limits for the most part, it was really hard to buckle down December 26. I wanted those cookies and fruitcake and cheese balls, sighhhh.
  • gardendolly
    gardendolly Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    More like stepped off! I planned not to log for Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day. Trying to get back on the wagon from today. Seems like a lobg way to step up though!
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I tripped, back into it starting yesterday
  • hmuh
    hmuh Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Not flat on my face, just dragging my heels a little. No worries y'all. Just hop back on!
  • sheppeyescapee
    sheppeyescapee Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    December has been pretty good for me. I didn't fall off the wagon as such, I had 2 days planned that I was allowing myself to go over. The rest of the time I have been tracking rather well. Even though I had those days off, I didn't eat anywhere near as much as I usually would at Christmas. So no not really.
  • TheKeithEllis
    TheKeithEllis Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Complete train wreck here, never mind a wagon!!! Back on keeping on keeping on today. :O)
  • Charloo1990
    Options
    More like stepped off! I planned not to log for Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day. Trying to get back on the wagon from today. Seems like a lobg way to step up though!
    I also allowed myself the same days off but i've got to say, i've never been so happy to be logging again today. 3 days of eating what i want has left me feeling so sluggish and tired, i couldn't possibly take another day of it lol. Saying that though, it's 11am here and by probs around 4pm onwards i'll be feeling nice and empty again compared to the past 3 days and i'll be wanting to raid the christmas food again haha. I'm going out on NYE though so i have to be good now, don't want to look like a bloated beached whale haha.
  • CarlaChalk78
    Options
    I did :) I chose to take a couple of weeks off over the festive period and I gained 2lbs ....not too unhappy with that compared to last years greedfest I took part in lol .....back to the cup a soups and ryvitas again now :D
  • SquishyVicki
    SquishyVicki Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Yep - not only did I fall off the wagon, I fell off, killed said wagon, dragged it into the woods and ate it. Along with all of the yummy festive food it contained.

However, I'm a firm believer that it's not what you do it's how you react to it. It's done and what I do now is what counts which means putting my running shoes back on and burning off what I can :smile:

Good luck to all of you like me, that are getting back on track BEFORE the new year rather than riding it for as long as possible xx
  • specialmeandmore
    Options
    Definitely! I succumbed to all the luxuries of the holidays! Ready to get back on it now though and make up for it :)
  • Charloo1990
    Options
    Yep - not only did I fall off the wagon, I fell off, killed said wagon, dragged it into the woods and ate it. Along with all of the yummy festive food it contained.

However, I'm a firm believer that it's not what you do it's how you react to it. It's done and what I do now is what counts which means putting my running shoes back on and burning off what I can :smile:

Good luck to all of you like me, that are getting back on track BEFORE the new year rather than riding it for as long as possible xx
    Good luck to you as well, i know a few people that are waiting untill after the new year to start again but personally i couldn't do that, if i was to allow myself to carry on till then i could easily gain about 8lbs no joke so for me it's all about damage limitation, i'll be allowing myself new years day off cause we have a big family mea together but untill then, 5 good days of logging can make such a better difference than 5 days of not logging lol.
  • Ph4lanx
    Ph4lanx Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    If anything, I took this month even more seriously. On Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day, I could be found in the gym. Not sure where I got the motivation from, but I'm glad it hit me. I don't see myself stopping either. :)