Who has given up Alcohol?

Options

Replies

• Nefetete
    Nefetete Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I don’t drink often, but hate the idea of giving up something that I enjoy, even if it’s only once in a while. so guess not me
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    i dont drink. though never really did to begin with
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    I haven't given it up but I cut way back for health and weight loss reasons. I really enjoy a good beer or wine and giving it up would ultimately lead to a binge.
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I didn't drink for years and years. Much easier to stick with other healthy habits that way. Now I've had to learn to drink like a grown up for social purposes. Lol. All attorneys drink. So I just get a Scotch and sip on it for two hours.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    All attorneys drink.

not all
  • bridgelene
    bridgelene Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    No change here. I haven't been a heavy drinker in years, and I've pushed my calories or gone over a few times (hah, especially espresso martini days ;), but I'm not a person who is terribly rigid in all of this anyways, because I don't think I could make a lifetime habit of it if I were :)
  • barbaramitchell101
    barbaramitchell101 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Afer my divorce 30 years ago I started drinking...I was alone, with no one to talk to or be with, and with 2 little ones to take care of...so I didn't get drunk actually, just a little high (I couldn't get wasted, afterall I had children to watch)...but I found that when I drank something (my favorite was wine coolers), I would start crying and get really depressed...I decided to quit the alcohol because of this...I didn't notice at that period in my life any changes in my weight...I was a little bit heavy in certain parts of my body, but I was a size 10...which is my current goal weight...

never again
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    never!
  • LetsMakeupXtina
    LetsMakeupXtina Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    So I just get a Scotch and sip on it for two hours.

Scotch.. yikes, you go girlfriend I couldnt handle that lol.. only hard stuff I can drink on its own is Patron Silver and Fireball
  • sunsnstatheart
    Options
    I didn't drink for years and years. Much easier to stick with other healthy habits that way. Now I've had to learn to drink like a grown up for social purposes. Lol. All attorneys drink. So I just get a Scotch and sip on it for two hours.

Do Not start drinking just for this reason. You can very easily tell people you don't drink and still entertain. I nurse like you, or, what my wife used to do when she was practicing, order tonic water and limes all night. The goal is to get the client drunk and let them have a good time. You should be billing the next day, lol!
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    god didnt make boozer and loser rhyme just for the hell of it

God must have never tasted this delicious, ice cold Sam Adams.
  • sm1zzle
    Options
    Fireball

How is that ? I figure it would taste like Hot Damn
  • sunsnstatheart
    Options

God must have never tasted this delicious, ice cold Sam Adams.

Nice. I just cracked open my Dead Guy
  • LetsMakeupXtina
    Options
    Fireball

it's pure yumminess in a bottle.. chased with a hard apple cider and its like apple pie ;)
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Nope, I work it in, my regular red is the full stop on my day of generally impeccable nutritional choices (mostly...).

Sure, alcohol is effectively a poison and is metabolized as a priority putting fat-burning on hold, etc, etc and maybe I could do yoga to wind-down or something instead but frankly that isn't me.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

Pretty sure that it was the British who did that.
  • ritoosh
    ritoosh Posts: 190
    Options
    I know alcohol can and does hinder your weight loss... Who all has completely given up booze to help you with the weight loss? and do you really think it has helped with losing weight faster?

I by no means drink every day.. but on the weekends I do usually drink... maybe 1-3 drinks a night on the weekend.. except when we go out and then I drink a few more than that ;) The worst part is the nights we go out.. the next morning I feel like crap and end up eating nasty greasy food all day which also definitely does not help with my weight loss!

I really don't want to give up drinking... but I really want to get healthy and lose this extra weight =/

i feel like its just like anything else. you dont need to give it up as long as you only have it moderately. not like drink everynight but rather a couple drinks like once a week or every other week. or even less! :D
  • sm1zzle
    Options
    Fireball

it's pure yumminess in a bottle.. chased with a hard apple cider and its like apple pie ;)

I'm going to have to try it. I tried that maple Crown Royal the other weekend and it was disgusting.
  • LetsMakeupXtina
    Options

i feel like its just like anything else. you dont need to give it up as long as you only have it moderately. not like drink everynight but rather a couple drinks like once a week or every other week. or even less! :D

I completely agree... I feel like as long as you dont drink every day all day and it doesn't affect your job, family, friends, etc. then nothing is wrong with it in moderation.. and I definitely do not think have a couple drinks here and there makes a person a "loser".. I mostly just posted this to see if anyone cut it out of their diet specifically for weight loss and how it worked out for them.
  • LetsMakeupXtina
    Options
    Fireball

I'm going to have to try it. I tried that maple Crown Royal the other weekend and it was disgusting.

sounds horrible!!