Who has given up Alcohol?

Options

Replies

• RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    god didnt make boozer and loser rhyme just for the hell of it

Yeah, well Jesus turned water into wine...so, I'll be drinking it, thank you very much....

I make sure to keep my alcohol within my daily calorie intake, except for rare occasions. Stay hydrated through the day before drinking, as well as the next day, make sure you're actually eating that day as well. Find healthier choices to eat the next day and get in a good workout. I don't usually drink enough to where I have a hangover, so I don't have a solution for that one.
  • Queen_Sugar
    Queen_Sugar Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Am putting the Remy and cranberry down for awhile it hasn't been easy knowing someone in the family is going to rang the bell with a bottle in there hand :noway: . No Moet for The New Year :huh:
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options

Yeah, well Jesus turned water into wine...so, I'll be drinking it, thank you very much....

lol egggzactly
  • blaquebutterfly75
    blaquebutterfly75 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I completely agree... I feel like as long as you dont drink every day all day and it doesn't affect your job, family, friends, etc. then nothing is wrong with it in moderation.. and I definitely do not think have a couple drinks here and there makes a person a "loser".. I mostly just posted this to see if anyone cut it out of their diet specifically for weight loss and how it worked out for them.

I did and I noticed a significant amount of weight loss. And you're right about how the body metabolizes alcohol. Any kind of alcohol, even the sugar alcohol they put in chewing gum. I cut that out as well. Causes stomach bloating. I have nothing against anyone who drinks because I used to throw them back myself. :drinker: However, after going so long without, I don't even miss it anymore.
  • _KATzMeow
    _KATzMeow Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I never drink maybe once or twice a year I will have one for a special dinner or something like that.
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I plan on giving it up until I hit my goal weight come Jan 1st :) I had a baby in September so I indulged a little post pregnancy but in January I won't be drinking anymore for a while. Before pregnancy I hadn't had alcohol for 6 months specifically for my weight loss and it really helped, so I can easily do it again.
  • chaNyn613
    chaNyn613 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I am going dry for the month of January. I enjoy a good glass of wine, cold beer, or a mixed drink on the weekends. The alcohol isn't the problem it's the food I learned to associate with the libations: pizza, wings, full fat cheeses etc... I seem to be on a constant treadmill of repentence during the week for my weekend food overindulgence. I can have the alcohol, calorie-wise, just not the fatty food cravings the alcohol creates.
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I gave it up, same with smoking. I was never much of a drinker before deciding to live a healthy lifestyle so that was real easy.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    I know alcohol can and does hinder your weight loss... Who all has completely given up booze to help you with the weight loss? and do you really think it has helped with losing weight faster?

I by no means drink every day.. but on the weekends I do usually drink... maybe 1-3 drinks a night on the weekend.. except when we go out and then I drink a few more than that ;) The worst part is the nights we go out.. the next morning I feel like crap and end up eating nasty greasy food all day which also definitely does not help with my weight loss!

I really don't want to give up drinking... but I really want to get healthy and lose this extra weight =/
    I've practically given it up since '90. And haven't missed it since I can actually control my calories better without it. I'll have an occasional drink, but usually I'm the DD for most of us.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I didn't intentionally give it up. I'm a social drinker but even then, I rarely drink. I haven't had a drink for over a year.
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I drastically cut back. I use to go to a local microbrewery and have 2 - 4 beers a day plus food. No wonder I got up to 230 lbs.
    Now I drink 1-2 times a week, if that.
  • mackemom
    mackemom Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: go to correctweightloss.com and look at alcohol's effect on fat loss...
    interesting.....
    I still have wine every now and then, I love wine :0
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I haven't given it up but I cut way back for health and weight loss reasons. I really enjoy a good beer or wine and giving it up would ultimately lead to a binge.

This
  • Lalouse
    Lalouse Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    no alcohol for me.. if it's peer pressure/social drinking, then they should understand
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Why???:drinker:
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    No. I will have a glass or two of fine scotch or a few Guinnesses when I have a cigar. Usually once a month, sometimes more, sometimes less. I find it an indispensable joy, and it is only around 400 to 600 calories.
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I got a gallbladder surgery last year and didn't take any alcohol after that...Until this August on a trip...I took 4 FREAKIN' stupid beer and got so so sick...So there you go...my system's a wuss now...can't take this *kitten* no more lol....

So I'm not drinking alcohol anymore....

I'll try later on..to see if it's better but..I'll never take much...
  • mltdown
    mltdown Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I use to drink 4 to 5 beers a night after the kids went to sleep and then worked out an extra hour to compensate. Now I just don't drink at all and still work out faster results.
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    i have not had a drink since my 24th birthday, so 2 yrs and going strong!!!! i find no need to drink
  • metalloz
    metalloz Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm having lots of trouble giving it up...I started drinking more this year and stick to straight bourbon.