Appetite suppressants

Options
124»

Replies

• __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Anyone have any appetite suppressants they recommend?

food, suppresses my appetite
  • RECowgill
    RECowgill Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I tried an appetite suppressant for a month. It did not have caffeine, some kind of natural supplement thing. It didn't work, it didn't do anything. Don't waste your money.
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I tried an appetite suppressant for a month. It did not have caffeine, some kind of natural supplement thing. It didn't work, it didn't do anything. Don't waste your money.
    It's a complete waste of money...well said.
    The scammers who push these pills will reduce your wallet - not your waist.
    And again, you cite most leading diet pills, and the universal constant is caffeine.
    They try to hide the caffeine behind herbs, exotic roots or far eastern extracts...:laugh:
    Don't be duped.
  • betoarango
    betoarango Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    A low carb diet under 50 or so grams per day is a natural appetite suppresant.
  • LindseySprake
    LindseySprake Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Why does everyone want to decrease there food?

Food=fuel!
    What happens when you run out of gas? Your car won't work.
    And when your fuel gage gets down to past half your car starts sucking down gas faster.

So, when you get to that halfway mark you should give your body the fuel it needs to operate properly!

Eat your calories!!

^^THIS^^ :wink:
  • legnarevocrednu
    legnarevocrednu Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I know two people who have lost around 30 pounds on Oxy Elite. I quizzed one of them. She's been taking it for a few months, has not felt any negative side effects. She said she has more energy and it has decreased her appetite greatly. I haven't tried it myself, but was thinking about it. I only have about 10 more pounds to lose though.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Keeping nothing in the house that you haven't eaten so often you're sick of it.

In my case I lose the fastest when I have nothing around except eggs. If that is all there is to eat I will struggle to meet my 1200 calories because I am so damn sick of eating eggs. But they're cheap, they fill me up, and they give me energy for workouts.

There is actual research to back this up. If you have a small variety of options available that you have eaten often in the past you will be less likely to overeat any of it.

And of course if you get cravings for specific foods just refuse to buy those foods. Which isn't as simple as it sounds, since the people you live with might buy that stuff anyway.
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I just taught myself to crave fruits and veggies when I am hungry. Now I don't gain weight anymore.
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Theres a good one called "track calories and macros and make sure you're in a caloric deficit"

^^ This
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Please if you listen to some of the coments on here be careful with phentermine. I took it years ago, it worked I took the weight off but it didn't teach me how to eat. I gained the weight back and more. I also had to have a hysterectomy a few months after I took it. I don't know if it had anything to do with the cyst that grew but . . . I took it for about 8 months. I had a compete check up before I started taking it. Within the next eight months after the female check up I had developed a grapefruit size cyst and had to have a hysterectomy. I don't know that taking the phentermine caused the cyst, but it wasn't there before I started taking it. Plus I didn't learn to eat healthy so I gained it back. Eating healthy and exercise is the best way. I follow the low carb plan. Friend me if you would like, we can reach our goals together!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I just taught myself to crave fruits and veggies when I am hungry. Now I don't gain weight anymore.

I keep trying to convince myself to crave spinach. I really want to develop a full blown spinach addiction!
  • happy_vegan
    happy_vegan Posts: 200 Member
    Options

that's awesome. how did you change your cravings over from other foods?
  • happy_vegan
    happy_vegan Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Why is there this constant need for self-righteous display on mfp?? It's not just this post, there were other just as annoying troll-like posts. I'm also looking for herbs or something I can use as an appetite suppressant, because the problem isn't that I don't know how to track calories or eat healthy it's that it's all I think about. If I felt zero hunger, the way I have on some prescriptions (that I'm not interested in taking), or even better - zero interest in food period, the whole thing would be a lot easier.

There's a lot of talk about how a lot of problems we have with food is emotional - but I have over the last two years of keeping track etc not figured out why I'm an emotional eater. I think and think but can't figure it out. Maybe it's stress, maybe it's hormones, no idea! This is why some of us are looking for natural supplements or something that might help.

I liked the post about eating a big salad, and I do that sometimes, but that just goes back to the fact that I have to have that volume of food over what it is that I"m actually eating. I want to be like most healthy, slim people, who can eat a sandwich and say 'yep, done'. I have to eat a sandwich and a salad and lots of water. This is silly. I just want to feel the way slim people (from birth) feel when they're done eating.