Eating cottage cheese...?

Options
124»

Replies

• serenalesley
    serenalesley Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Take a plate of steamed vegetables (broccoli, carrots etc), add salt and black pepper, top with cottage cheese, grill to melt. Omnomnom. :D
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I've heard it's good with some salsa mixed through but not tried it yet.
  • straightjacketjacob
    Options
    My wife adds it to her protien shake freaks me out but she seams to like it.
  • morf13
    morf13 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Some people like cottage cheese with all kinds of stuff,I prefer mine just with fruit. I eat Breakstones for breakfast....My faves are Apples&Cinnamon,Blueberry,and pineapple. 1 Container has 100 calories, I eat it with a banana or piece of toast. I have tried various types of cottage cheese,and tried mixing my own fruit in, but Breakstone's tastes the best to me. And you can find them on sale for under $1 each.
  • ddale99
    ddale99 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My fav:

Container Cottage Cheese
    Container of light or low fat Cool whip

Mix together...add in any flavor you like (my fav is raspberrry) fat free jello crystals. Viola...yummie filling dessert :)

I use it all week to take to work as snack. Make one every week
  • stillme10252000
    Options
    What brand of cottage cheese did you find that has no salt in it? I've looked at several different stores and can't find a low/no sodium cottage cheese.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    What brand of cottage cheese did you find that has no salt in it? I've looked at several different stores and can't find a low/no sodium cottage cheese.
    The brand we buy is Lucerne.
  • ashquin
    ashquin Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    i eat it over slices of tomato
  • aprilwilliams2729
    aprilwilliams2729 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I love it with peas! Just thaw frozen peas and eat it just like that. With tomatoes (only when they're in season - I just can't hack winter tomatoes!) and peppers or cucumber. I also eat it on top of my salads with just a little bit of fat free italian dressing - makes it taste like I'm eating a creamy dressing! :)
  • road2goal
    road2goal Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I like it with either fruit (1/2 cup of each) or yogurt mixed with it. I've also had it with cinnamon and apple. I love the stuff.
  • peteotero
    Options
    First figure out what your end goal is, meaning what are you trying to accomplish. If weight loss is your goal, then figure out how many calories you will need to burn and consume to meet your goal. once you do this, incorporate the cottage cheese and fruit and measure your food which will allow you to figure out how much cottage cheese you should consume.
    Good luck on your journey
  • vickiessecret
    vickiessecret Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese, I can't eat it with fruit..makes me sick...lol. But other's like it..I just put salt & pepper. I've also eaten it over pasta....just pasta & cottage cheese with some salt & pepper..I like it :)