What are you reading now? What will you read next?

Options

Replies

• jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Reading book 3 in the game of thrones series next up is book 4 .Its only 11 days until the last Wheel of time book comes out. When that happens all other reading will be dropped and isolation in my room until I finish it will begin :bigsmile:
  • CrackedMojo
    CrackedMojo Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Now: The Wee Free Men - Terry Pratchett (reading through catalog)

Next: A Hat Full of Sky - Terry Pratchett (next in series)

After series - Nation (also Terry Pratchett)

After Nation - probably Tears in Rain by Rosa Montero, or something from Neil Gaiman, Hugh Howey, etc...
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Now: "Spillover: Animal Infections and the Next Human Pandemic" by David Quammen

Next, either:

"Les Miserables" by Victor Hugo
    or
    "Far From The Tree" by Andrew Solomon
    or
    "The Meaning of Everything" by Simon Winchester

Depending on my mood at the moment

Intriguing options!
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    A Casual Vacancy- J.K. Rowling I just started reading it and I have a John Grisham novel next.
  • RushBabe214
    RushBabe214 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Right now: The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
    Next up: The Life of Pi by Yann Martel
  • edge_dragoncaller
    edge_dragoncaller Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm geeking out and reading a bunch of FanFiction online, but here pretty quick I think I may read Under the Dome - Stephen King
  • itsmyvwbeetle
    itsmyvwbeetle Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Not reading anything at the moment. Will start Day by Day Armageddon: Shattered Hourglass as soon as it arrives (supposed to be today).

After that I have a few e-book series I have been following and noticed new releases on that I will need to track down and download.
  • Jaymefirst
    Jaymefirst Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Just finishing up Defending Jacob. Not sure what I'm going to read next, but I see some titles here that I want to check out ;)
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Reading Now: Foxe's Book of Martyrs.

Reading Next: Don't know yet.
  • katekross
    katekross Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Currently reading The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo but having a hard time getting into it

Next will be A Song of Fire and Ice (book 2 in the Game of Thrones series) LOVED the first one!

Once you get into The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, you will love it. It is very lengthy.. but push through!
  • VeggieMama3
    VeggieMama3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Currently reading The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo but having a hard time getting into it

Next will be A Song of Fire and Ice (book 2 in the Game of Thrones series) LOVED the first one!

Don't give up on Dragon Tattoo! It took me a few chapters but then I couldn't put it down. I flew through the other 2 in the series as well, they were SOOOOO good.

Right now I'm on a Christopher Moore kick. Currently reading "A Dirty Job" and "Fluke" is up next.
  • emyishardcore
    emyishardcore Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Currently reading: The hobbit
    Then I'm either reading the night circus or The art of racing in the rain.
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Reading Now: The Hunger Games series (for the 10th time I think lol)

Reading Next: Level 26 by Anthony Zuiker (found it for $3 (hardcover) somewhere and thought it looked good, we shall see!)
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    Current: Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy

Next: Haven't thought about it. I usually go through my ebooks & actual books and go by what seems good at the time.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    Tyrrany of Cliches-jonah goldberg

Then

The weird history of the travelling circus in georgia-greg renoff
  • jonward85
    jonward85 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Now: The Anubis Gates, by Tim Powers (Along a handful of other books which are mostly on the back burner currently).

Next: I'm thinking about revisiting the Dresden Files series. I only read the first 2 or 3 books, and I have heard that the later books are actually even better.

Finishing book 14 (cold days) right now....the whole series is friggin AMAZING! I love it. After i finish book 14 i will finish the third Magic Thief book that my daughter wanted me to read...then i'm all hands on deck waiting for AMOL!!!!!!!!
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Ohh looking for ideas... I just finished the hunger games series for the second time... starting either the underland Chronicles, or the inheritence chronicles next.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Angelique: The Marquise of the Angels by Anne Golon
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options

The first few chapters are slow. I had a hard time getting into it too. But push past that. It's worth it.
  • IndyMario
    Options
    Currently reading: Ender's Shadow.
    Thinking about reading next: The Pillars of Hercules