What are you reading now? What will you read next?

Options

Replies

• anels449
    anels449 Posts: 3,187 Member
    Options
    Will be finishing up with Ulysses soon. Have been thinking about picking up Finnegans Wake after I'm done. :)
  • anels449
    anels449 Posts: 3,187 Member
    Options
    Currently re-reading "House of Leaves" by Mark Danielewski.

One of my all-time favorites! You're awesome!
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Currently reading: The Talisman by Stephen King & Peter Straub
    Next planned book: Black House by Stephen King & Peter Straub

I bought Black House first, but was told it would be better if I read The Talisman first. I figure I can add some stats to the weight section of my exercise log while I'm reading it. It's not a small book, that's for darn sure... haha :happy:
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Currently - Art of War (graphic novel form)

Next - Behold a Pale Horse.
  • paintedlady77
    paintedlady77 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Now- the Clan of the Cave Bear

Next- the Hunger Games
  • AmberMahfouz
    Options
    I am reading Anne Rice's Sleeping Beauty trilogy right now and next I am excited to re-read Wuthering Heights :-P I know I am a dork.
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    The Silver Branch - Patricia Kennealy
    The Hawk's Grey Feather - Patricia Kennealy (An amazing version of the King Arthur story, taking place on another planet)
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Currently I'm reading "The Hammer of Eden" by Ken Follett. It was given to me by a fellow bibliophile. Started reading it in the fall and had to put it down for the class I was studying. My test was Wednesday (passed! yay!) so I'm back to reading it again.

I've got a long commute so I listen to a lot of audiobooks. Just finished up J.D. Robb's novelette "Posession in Death". And I'm waiting on 2 other audiobooks I've ordered from the library: "Darlkly Dreaming Dexter" (yes, that Dexter) by Jeff Lindsay and "Cloud Atlas" by David Mitchell.
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Reading Homage to Catalonia.

Next The Kreutzer Sonata and The Cairo Trilogy, both I've started but haven't finished.
  • envy09
    envy09 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Now: The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Next: Life, the Universe, and Everything.
  • closenre
    closenre Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    once a runner, will read again to carthrige. If your a runner, I highly recomend these!!
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Right now, A Clash of Kings (and also Ethical Dilemmas in Youth Work, but I'm not nearly as excited about that one). Next up is A Storm of Swords.
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I got a Kindle Fire for Christmas, so I downloaded "The Hunger Games" free off Amazon (I know I'm a little behind). I plan on getting NROLFW next, and then I'll be back in school. That means instead of reading for fun, I get to read from textbooks for the next 5 months (it's all worth it in the end...it's all worth it in the end).
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Currently reading Wicked and re-reading One Hundred Years of Solitude and Anna Karenina. Not sure what I'll be working on next though. I might re-read the Sandman, Uncanny X Force, or Guardians of the Galaxy series, catch up on Walking Dead, or start Goon. I also need to start Game of Thrones.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Some great books listed here I've already read and some I now want to read. Read the Hobbit years ago. Anyway:

Now - Delusion in Death, book #39 by J.D. Robb (really Nora Roberts)

Next is probably the newest Stephanie Plumb Nortious Nineteen by Janet Evonovich or the segual to Fall of Giants by Ken Follett, depends on if I want something serious or something light and funny.
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson
  • sundevil5138
    Options
    Just read Stories From a Teacher, anddon't envy any teachers out there now because of it. I Give them all the credit you deserve.

Looking for new book suggestions!
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    This topic. Probably the Super Villain Topic
  • ericadawn92
    ericadawn92 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    currently reading Game of Thrones...

next, I'll move on to A Clash of Kings (I think that's the next book? lol).

I also want to read Love Does by Bob Goff soon, since I gave it to my mom for Christmas and I'm home right now...
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson

Read this book people. You have never laughed so hard in your life.