Shakeology

Options
Has anyone tried it? How's the taste? Is it worth the money?

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    You've lost 78lbs - that's awesome!!

What's an expensive meal replacement shake going to do for you that you aren't already doing for yourself?
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Keep doing whatever you're doing. Expensive shakes aren't going to do anything but make you poorer. If they worked so well everyone would be thin and they wouldn't need to flog them so much to try and sell the stuff.
  • LauraW1219
    LauraW1219 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You have done so well for yourself. I don't see how a shake is going to help now. I have the visalus shakes. They help me because I'm a vegetarian and I need the protein. 48 protein is hard to obtain when you don't eat meat. lol The shakes are cheaper on Ebay. Good job on your weight loss.
  • Kaseybella
    Kaseybella Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    They are expensive but, are very tasty and very filling and jam packed with nutrients! If I was rich I would drinking 1 shakeology shake a day! However, unfortunately I am not rich.... so, I found the LEAN shakes at GNC to be similar in taste, feeling full and nutrition. My favorite right now is chocholate GNC lean with some PB2 (powder peanut butter) and half a banana! Yes, you have done very well for yourself but, I know it's kinda nice to throw something healthy and different in there once in awhile! You will not be disapointed if you try shakeology and you can buy one or two packs on ebay or amazon to sample :)
  • KySny82
    KySny82 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Shakeology has over 70 nutrients that are difficult to find in your regular grocery stores or without incorporating a bunch of supplements into your diet that have unnecessary additives in them. They're also low in sugar & carbs, which a lot of healthy meal replacements on the market are not. Yes, they may seem expensive, but if you break it down, it's only $4 a day. If you'd be using it as a meal replacement, odds are you'll be saving yourself money. You also have the option of buying combo packs, so you're not stuck with just having one flavor. Beachbody also has a TON of recipe ideas, so if you don't want to just drink a boring shake every day, you can switch it up to make it a little more interesting. I have a few customers who have tried it & LOVE it...they feel satisfied much longer than had they just eaten a regular meal, so if it has the same effect on you, you may find that you won't need to be eating as many calories to feel full, which would equate into more weight loss (if you're loooking to lose more). I just ordered Shakeology (I'm trying Chocolate & Greenberry to start) & P90X protein bars last week & I can't wait to get them! :smile: Keep in mind that if you're a Beachbody club member, you'd receive 10% off your order - Coaches receive a 25% price reduction. If you don't know of any coaches, Ultimately, you need to decide if you want the extra nutrients or have the monetary funds. Don't allow us to make up your mind for you - you have to do for yourself what you feel is in your best interest & what coincides with your own personal health goals. :smile:
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Shakeology has over 70 nutrients that are difficult to find in your regular grocery stores or without incorporating a bunch of supplements into your diet that have unnecessary additives in them. They're also low in sugar & carbs, which a lot of healthy meal replacements on the market are not.

Gee, you sound just like a Beachbody pusher, um, I mean coach!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Gee, you sound just like a Beachbody pusher, um, I mean coach!
    Coincidentally enough, in her profile:
    I fell in love with TurboFire so much that I decided to become an Independent Beachbody Coach on 11/20/12; I love this company
    & the fitness programs they have to offer. If you're interested in finding out more about the business opportunity or their programs & nutrition plans, please don't hesitate to send me a message.
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Shakeology is just a what most people call a greens powder/product with added protein.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    wowww....the shakeology drones are getting even more brain washed then the 'trisorb protein' body by vibe drones...I highly recommend looking up the information they're spitting out and finding out the truth for yourself.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

What's an expensive meal replacement shake going to do for you that you aren't already doing for yourself?
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    look up a few more shakeology threads...most of them you will find...many people talking out of their bums and a few people who got scammed on it and a few people who gained weight on it. It's not a magic shake. It doesn't contain magic. And I would absolutely not call it healthy.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

^^this
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I drink it and I'm not a beach body coach. I like it. I have taken the empty bag with me to health stores and supplement stores and didn't find anything that compares. If people gained weight on it...it was probably them and not shakeology. I don't see how a shake could cause weight gain lol..because like mentioned..its not magical. I also don't understand how people get scammed? Did they not realize they had it ordered monthly...where it is automatically shipped and money is automatically withdrawn? I've ordered the wrong flavor and had no issues sending it back and getting the new kind. I'm still new to using it, only 3 months.

To each their own. Try it and if you like it then use it. You can get samples. If you don't like it get something you like that isn't as expensive.

Some people will be for it and some will be against it. Some people cross the line by insulting people who do like it...but that's their maturity level.

I either have a shake for breakfast or for a snack. I prefer either the chocolate or the strawberry. I've had a sample of the vegan chocolate and it was gross. I haven't tried the green berry flavor..I think its called that.
  • christylindquist
    christylindquist Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am a beach body coach and drink shakeology daily! I LOVE IT!!!! I'm not a huge fan of the green berry but the other 3 flavors are awesome! You can have it plain with water as a snack, or add peanutbutter, milk and a banana for a meal. It is expensive but in order to get the amount of nutrience from one shake out of regular procudce it's like $50/day I think. It's a lot. I bite the bullet and buy it because it's just a couple dollars per meal if you break it down and keeps me full for hours AND I feel good when I drink it.
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    The different protein powders I have in my cupboard already work fine for me.

If I'm going to waste $4 a day on something, it will be a mocha at Starbucks. But thats just me :drinker:
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

^ This is the right question IMO.
  • halejr23
    halejr23 Posts: 294
    Options
    I used to drink it all the time. The pros - nice and think so makes awesome smoothies, great taste, mixes nicely. Cons - expensive, I have recently switched to Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard Whey Protein and it does the same thing at a fraction of the cost. I do have to use 2 scoops instead of one but get it for around $50 for a 5 lb tub on Amazon vs $120 for a (I believe) 2 lb bag of Shakeology.

Bottom line, after trying Shakeology I can honestly say it is way over priced for what you are getting.
  • Heather1899
    Heather1899 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I've seen this...wondered if it has side effects for people on medications?
    I only ask because I am hypothyroid and on levothyroxine. I have been told to never take weight loss pills or stuff like that...not that I would take weight loss pills. But I don't know if shakology is similar?
    Also, a month ago I had a bad cold and was prescribed meds for it that I had an allergic reaction to. Like, they almost knocked me out/made me sick.
    My mom is like that though. They prescribe her meds for X and she has a terrible reaction to it...:/

ETA:
    I have never used a protein shake so I can't say I use other products.
  • meghannrenee
    meghannrenee Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I drink it. I am a coach, but I drink it because I like it. I haven't found other meal replacements that I've enjoyed, but that's a personal preference.

What I don't understand is why other brands don't get this kind of backlash. It's a preference thing. Try a few brands - get some samples, see what YOU like and what will work for YOU. This works for me. Doesn't mean it will work for everyone.

I drink the vegan ones. I like them both. Can't have the regular chocolate or greenberry because I'm lactose intolerant and they happen to have enough to irritate my stomach.

There's nothing wrong with someone asking a question. She was interested, and she asked. If this is a scam then I'd be willing to bet that just about all the other meal replacement powders are. None of them are magic. None of them will do amazing things for you unless you are using them to replace a meal and are therefore decreasing your overall caloric intake.

I have personally found that I like this brand, it keeps me full, and I don't gag when I drink it, plain or with added ingredients. I can't say that for the other ones I'd tried. I didn't lose weight on it, but I'm not really trying to lose weight at this point. Has it helped some people lose weight? yes. Have other meal replacement powders? sure they have. If people gained weight on it I'd be willing to bet they were consuming too many calories on a daily basis. And the same would go for people who gained weight drinking any other brand.

By the way, to the OP, fantastic work on your weight lose thus far! you should be very proud of yourself :-)
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    What I don't understand is why other brands don't get this kind of backlash.

Other meal replacement products that are sold using a multi-level type of platform (and as a consequence of this method, are vastly overpriced) also get the same backlash.