Shakeology

Options

Replies

• 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Most likely the large load of crap you're propagating.

The "load of crap" being that there are better priced items that are comparable to Shakeology?

That is fact, sir; not crap, as listed in the link provided above.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    How about you produce the information that disclaims any of the science that SHAKEOLOGY suggest.

The burden of proof doesn't lie with me since I'm not making any claims.

But In order for me to research whether or not SHAKEOLOGY™ cleanses toxins, I'd need to first know the names of the toxins that it cleanses. If you can provide me with the name of a toxin, just one of them, I could begin to validate or invalidate this.

As a consumer I think it's important, so if you could tell me the name of a toxin that'd be great Coach.

Thanks!
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Stand your ground Coach

Are you talking to yourself?
    OUCH...:noway:
  • KySny82
    KySny82 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    [/quote] I think its because some people think they know everything and like to verbally attack people just to make themselves feel better. It happens on EVERY forum. I understand people having different opinions but I dont understand why people have to put their douche hats on. [/quote]

So true & yet so sad; thanks for giving me a laugh :smile:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I think its because some people think they know everything and like to verbally attack people just to make themselves feel better. It happens on EVERY forum. I understand people having different opinions but I dont understand why people have to put their douche hats on.

Maybe you could give some clarity on the questions that are being asked viz a viz the claims being made. Asking for sources or explanations of claims =/= verbal abuse or being a douche.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    Stand your ground Coach

pancake_bunny.jpg
  • SideSteel
    Options
    I think its because some people think they know everything and like to verbally attack people just to make themselves feel better. It happens on EVERY forum. I understand people having different opinions but I dont understand why people have to put their douche hats on.

[/quote]

Just to be clear even though you're not quoting anyone in particular (I don't feel that you're directing your post at me but I'm posting this as a point of clarity to anyone reading), my questions being asked of Coach are void of any personal attacks. If you spot me making any personal attacks in this thread then please bring it to my attention because I try to conduct myself appropriately.
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Options

It's not that.
    People who make claims need to be able to back up those claims as opposed to avoiding the issue followed by anger and loony self-talk.
    This "coach" showed up to clear things up but could not answer a simple question when asked.
    REASON?
    The claims are bogus.
    That's the purpose of these forums.
    SEEKING TRUTH:drinker:
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Stand your ground Coach

pancake_bunny.jpg

Haha. That gave me a giggle
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Options
    Stand your ground Coach

pancake_bunny.jpg
    First Shakology rule of MLM Pyramid building...don't go nuts in front of your prospective down line dupes...:sad:
  • CoachDuhamNC
    Options
    I don't care if you or anyone else uses this product however to say that it is not worth using is a total lie. The original question is a three part question. Have you used it? How does it taste? Is it worth the money? You have no evidence that this product is not worth the money, and no one can support such a claim, because it is something that is going to effect each person individually. What works for you will not always work for someone else. No one is forced any one to purchase this product or any other product. You don't hear me or another BB Coach suggest any other supplement is not worth its value. IF they are then they don't have a clue as to the meaning of BeachBody's vision.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Most likely the large load of crap you're propagating.

Umm, I think you have that backwards. But I am not trying to come at you or anything but like the others, I am curious as to the science and studies on this. I've tried looking for hte past 20 minutes and all I can find is the same sales pitch about 70 ingredients, etc. I found a list of ingredients with a lot of herbs but still no study.

I'm not being snarky, I'm really curious as to where we can find these studies and the scientific info on all this.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I don't care if you or anyone else uses this product however to say that it is not worth using is a total lie. The original question is a three part question. Have you used it? How does it taste? Is it worth the money? You have no evidence that this product is not worth the money, and no one can support such a claim, because it is something that is going to effect each person individually. What works for you will not always work for someone else. No one is forced any one to purchase this product or any other product. You don't hear me or another BB Coach suggest any other supplement is not worth its value. IF they are then they don't have a clue as to the meaning of BeachBody's vision.

Nice deflection when asked to provide support for the claims you made with your first post. You really should have stopped at answering the original question, then you would not have been asked to substantiate your claims, which you as of yet, have been unable to do. You did however manage to put the link to your site where you sell the stuff you sneaky little devil you!
  • SideSteel
    Options
    I don't care if you or anyone else uses this product however to say that it is not worth using is a total lie.

I also don't care who uses it. I believe personal preference and budget are things that each individual should consider. I also don't believe I ever said that it "wasn't worth it". What I DID claim was that you can get approximate micronutrition and macronutrition using whey protein and a multivitamin, while getting superior forms of some of the micros, at a cheaper cost. You will find that information in this thread and it's supported by research:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/445106-is-shakeology-overpriced
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

We are asking for scientific proof/studies to back up what you are saying...which would be backing up what Beachbody is saying. If you don't know, then just admit you don't know and that all you DO know is that it worked for you.

How you've worded your argument and the defensiveness you've taken, to be honest, has completely turned me off to any possibility that this is but just a fancy shake and any other food intake would be just as good as replacing the meal with this. In fact, it kind of sounds scary cult-ish the way you now are talking about the "meaning" of Beachbody's vision....Just saying.

Edited to correct typos
  • rm7161
    rm7161 Posts: 505
    Options
    It's very difficult to get a goodly amount of potassium from anything but a natural, perishable source.

Shakeology is on par with other powders, has very little in comparison to fresh bananas and coconut water.
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Options
    Forget BeachBody's "vision".
    I could make the same case for river silt.
    The claims you made about your product can not be validated.
    You posted those claims; back them up.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options

Coach, I am still curious about the toxins that Shakeology cleanses. You've been asked this very simple (and reasonable) question several times and have so far deflected and attacked the people asking these questions.

I find that I have two choices: either to believe that you do not know about your own product, or to believe that no such toxins exist.

As I am charitable enough to believe that you, as a coach and a person selling Shakeology, know your product, I will have to believe your product does not cleanse these unnamed toxins.
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options

Just to be clear even though you're not quoting anyone in particular (I don't feel that you're directing your post at me but I'm posting this as a point of clarity to anyone reading), my questions being asked of Coach are void of any personal attacks. If you spot me making any personal attacks in this thread then please bring it to my attention because I try to conduct myself appropriately.
    [/quote]

No not you and I mean more to the people who are going out of their way to be a douche-asaurus. I also agree that if Coach makes claims he needs to back them up. I am not a beach body coach nor do I ever plan to become one. I simply enjoy the product and it works for me, is there cheaper stuff out there that could work the same? I don't doubt it. I like to stick to what works for ME. I first joined the beach body site when I first started my weight loss journey. I picked my own coach because I had been following her group on Facebook. She told me about this site and I came here and have been here since. While some coaches may speak out of their bum I'm lucky that the girl I found was pretty awesome. She isn't pushy or a know-it-all and doesnt try to bug me about buying stuff but she inspired me to get my butt into shape, AFTER I had already purchased shakeology for myself from somebody else. Plus she has a nice bum.

I think the OP should do what works for her and fits into her budget.
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    learn about nutrition and fitness and don't rely on supplements and lotions and potions for your success. Real food is always the best. This stuff is overpriced and unless you plan to do it for life, not worth the yoyoing. You obviously know what you are doing based on the results you have had so far. Keep it up,