laughing cow cheese

Options

Replies

• MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    I'm going to bump this thread for ideas later. I used to eat mine on wasa crispbread or mix in with steamed veggies.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    one triangle spread on a pumpkin english muffin. Too bad the pumpkin muffins are a seasonal item.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Dip pretzels into it or spread it into the toast when I make egg sandwiches. YUM <3
  • lp91413
    lp91413 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    this is my favorite thread, ever!
  • lp91413
    lp91413 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I like real cheese. A serving size of cheese is a serving size of cheese. If my choice is real, delicious cheese or processed, kinda rubbery cheese flavored substance shaped into a wedge my choice is cheese!

I dont think laughing cow tastes like that at all :smile: i use it in place of deli cheese often (less calories) or in place of mayo...although i still love a good piece of string cheese!
  • ashquin
    ashquin Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    ooohh.. im gonna try it on apples today
    Spread on green apple slices with black pepper
    Mixed into my egg white and veg omelette
    Melted over poached chicken and veggies with curry powder
    Blended with avovado and tuna and spread on crackers
  • carisoldan
    Options
    Grilled cheese!!! Hungry Girls Fancy 5- Minute grilled cheese...yum!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/fancy-5-minute-grilled-cheese-recipe/index.html

2 slices light bread
    1 wedge light spreadable Swiss cheese (recommended: The Laughing Cow Light)
    1 piece jarred roasted red pepper (previously packed in water)
    1 slice fat-free American cheese
    1 tablespoon light whipped butter or light buttery spread, room temperature, divided
    2 dashes garlic powder, divided

Directions

Spray a grill pan with nonstick spray and place over medium-high heat on the stove.

Lay bread slices on a flat surface, and evenly spread the cheese wedge onto one slice of bread. Slice red pepper into strips, and evenly place over the slice of bread spread with cheese. Top with the slice of cheese, followed by the other slice of bread.

Spread 1/2 tablespoon of butter onto the upward-facing slice of bread. Sprinkle with a dash of garlic powder.

Gently place the sandwich in the hot grill pan with the buttered side down. Carefully spread the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of butter onto the upward-facing side. Sprinkle with the remaining dash of garlic powder.

Cook until the cheese has melted and the bread is lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes per side, flipping carefully. Eat your sandwich and enjoy it!

PER SERVING (entire recipe): 200 calories, 7.5g fat, 816mg sodium, 23.5g carbs, 5g fiber, 4.5g sugars, 11g protein
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    so what is everyones favorite way to eat laughing cow????
    To watch someone else eat it. I like cheese. :happy:
  • RobynUnfiltered
    RobynUnfiltered Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Stuffed into strawberries
  • Sandytoes71
    Sandytoes71 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • fevre
    fevre Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Spread on green apple slices with black pepper
    Mixed into my egg white and veg omelette
    Melted over poached chicken and veggies with curry powder
    Blended with avovado and tuna and spread on crackers

the avocado and tuna idea... YUM!!!!
  • srm1960
    srm1960 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile:
    I use 2 of them and mix it in with cauliflower and make cauliflower mashed potatoes.
    Wow! I never thought of mixing them into something-I always spread them on something-
    Every morning on 100 thin buns-then top with egg whites(made in micro with salsa & spinach)
    Thanks all
  • kristiontheinside
    kristiontheinside Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I like mine on celery, baby carrots, tomatoes, and baked potatoes. I'm going to have to try them mixed in eggs. I bet they are good with boiled eggs also. How do you put them in salad? Melt them or cut them up or what?
  • cfregon
    cfregon Posts: 147
    Options
    Made the best sandwich ever yesterday with laughing cow:

Recipe yield three huge sandwiches (like whole meal)

Mash the yield of one avocado with two light chipotle wedges (I used a potato masher and got it really mixed, I also recommend adding a tiny bit of lemon juice if you aren't going to use all at once).

Spread on toasted bread (I had just baked a scratch loaf of french bread that I'd topped with organic pesto and shredded parmesan before baking...mmm!)

Add broccoli (or alfalfa) sprouts, tomato, cucumber, lettuce, etc

If you eat meat- turkey is typically the best add-in.

I was also bad and added a slice of pepperjack too.
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I've never had this. I think it'll go on the list for next trip to the grocery store.
  • sanndandi
    sanndandi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    so many yummy suggestions. i'm going to have to come back to this to try some.
  • bridgelene
    bridgelene Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Spread on crackers for a snack

OR

A wedge on a piece of whole wheat toast, with a scrambled egg on top :)
  • mollygone
    Options
    On weight watchers wraps with loads of rocket - yum yum
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    With apple slices and pretzels.
  • Laffinhippiegurl
    Laffinhippiegurl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    BUMP!