Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Often.

Lately a few times a week foot longs.

Average once a week.

If I wanted to everyday.
  • Tishaslyon
    Options
    Never. The meat and cheese tastes like rubber. Totally over processed. Luckily, we have noodles and company close when I need a healthy fast food fix.
  • SCV34
    SCV34 Posts: 2,048 Member
    Options
    At least once a week, it's our Thursday night tradition after Karate.
  • Sreneesa
    Options
    When considering eating at Subway, observe its customers for a little. Count the skinny folk going in and out their doors. Check it out, you might get a big surprise. Then ask yourself, what does that tell you?

Ask a nutritionist, the proper, qualified types who work at Dr's offices. They'll tell ya, LOUD and CLEAR.

All the stuff about questionable meat products, yeah, okay, but we humans are omnivores, maybe we kin manage some mystery meat, but cumulatively, it'll get ya.

The BIGGEST problem with Subway is all that Bread. Nothing but worthless carbs. If your diabetic profile is close to the edge-stay away from Subway.

If you're an elite athlete, needing carbs left and right, yer probably okay. If you are cubicle wage slave, keep out of Subway.

Of course, you can always eat better and cheaper at home, but truth is, we all find reasons not to do our own cooking. When we do eat at home, betcha that it's something out of a box or carton, right?

Me, I'm a tightwad, and a puir ole pensioner. Best food is at home. Up yer proteins, drop the carbs.

brendan

you are more obese than i am.
    so by your logic, i should avoid anyplace you go to eat.

Jon-Hamm-Sure-Thing.gif

Nicely done.

Bam!
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Subway sucks,,,

Jersey Mikes for the win!!
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Never since I got food poisoning from them about 7 years ago....:noway:
    OMG! Me too!!! about 2 years ago.
  • SCV34
    Options
    When considering eating at Subway, observe its customers for a little. Count the skinny folk going in and out their doors. Check it out, you might get a big surprise. Then ask yourself, what does that tell you?

Ask a nutritionist, the proper, qualified types who work at Dr's offices. They'll tell ya, LOUD and CLEAR.

All the stuff about questionable meat products, yeah, okay, but we humans are omnivores, maybe we kin manage some mystery meat, but cumulatively, it'll get ya.

The BIGGEST problem with Subway is all that Bread. Nothing but worthless carbs. If your diabetic profile is close to the edge-stay away from Subway.

If you're an elite athlete, needing carbs left and right, yer probably okay. If you are cubicle wage slave, keep out of Subway.

Of course, you can always eat better and cheaper at home, but truth is, we all find reasons not to do our own cooking. When we do eat at home, betcha that it's something out of a box or carton, right?

Me, I'm a tightwad, and a puir ole pensioner. Best food is at home. Up yer proteins, drop the carbs.

brendan

Jon-Hamm-Sure-Thing.gif

Nicely done.

Bam!

I like Subway and eat there once a week. I did notice the person in front of me last night was not small at all and I really paid attention to what she ordered. Foot long with lots of meat and cheese and lettuce only with lots of mayo. I would say my choice was somewhat healthier.

I observe people at the grocery store as well. I notice what people put in their shopping carts and I notice their sizes too. A person could learn alot from this observation. I look in my cart and think I am doing pretty well for myself.
  • Sreneesa
    Options
    Subway sucks,,,

Jersey Mikes for the win!!

Ill have to try them. My 18 yr old wasn't impressed and said they are expensive but Ill have to try myself.

Do they provide nutritional information?

I usually eat only where that is provided.

Edit: I'm sold! They look like they have some great subs! And nutrition varies but I like already. Might be my new spot. lol
  • Sreneesa
    Options

brendan

Jon-Hamm-Sure-Thing.gif

Nicely done.

Bam!

I like Subway and eat there once a week. I did notice the person in front of me last night was not small at all and I really paid attention to what she ordered. Foot long with lots of meat and cheese and lettuce only with lots of mayo. I would say my choice was somewhat healthier.

I observe people at the grocery store as well. I notice what people put in their shopping carts and I notice their sizes too. A person could learn alot from this observation. I look in my cart and think I am doing pretty well for myself.

Me too! I'm always observing other's carts and what they weigh in relation to their food choices. lol... makes me feel soooo good.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Not saying its good or nutritious but if I order the footlong on special for five bucks and eat only half. I get a cheap lunch for two days and if I omit the cheese, oil & mayo stay way under on calories. I get meat with veggies and the only sauce is spicy mustard. No chips of course.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

I wonder what you'd learn from seeing my cart at the grocery, with Pop Tarts and ice cream and frozen pizza and diet soda.

Of course by "lean" you mean "judge."

It's OK. People who start out with a new interest like nutrition or weight loss often go through just such a phase. New guitar players will judge others based on what guitar they have, etc. You'll get over it.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options

I wonder what you'd learn from seeing my cart at the grocery, with Pop Tarts and ice cream and frozen pizza and diet soda.

It's OK. People who start out with a new interest like nutrition or weight loss often go through just such a phase. New guitar players will judge others based on what guitar they have, etc. You'll get over it.

minds would be blown, dude.

8nnnc.gif
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    It's nice to know that my shopping cart has the power to make someone else feel superior, with its white bread, potato chips, pop-tarts, and frozen foods, etc... I'll think of it as me just doing a good deed.
  • SCV34
    Options

Well, first of all I meant learn not judge. And I don't need to loose weight and nutrition is not a new interest for me. You shouldn't make assumptions. Yes, a person could learn alot from obeservations. I only referenced this because someone else mentioned that very subject.
  • SCV34
    Options
    It's nice to know that my shopping cart has the power to make someone else feel superior, with its white bread, potato chips, pop-tarts, and frozen foods, etc... I'll think of it as me just doing a good deed.

If I offended anyone because I said that I observe what other people put in their carts and their sizes, that was not my intention. I am quit the opposite of being superior. But, I do pay attention to what goes on around me even at the grocery store.
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    No offense taken. I guess I'm feeling especially snarky today for some reason. I'm too busy making sure my little ones don't clear the shelves to notice what's in other people's carts. Probably why I didn't follow what you were saying.
  • WrenEileen
    Options
    It is what works for each person I think its ok to eat them I love them just for me I don't make it a habit with anything I buy out to eat due to not all is good when one is watching there waist line.
  • SCV34
    Options
    No offense taken. I guess I'm feeling especially snarky today for some reason. I'm too busy making sure my little ones don't clear the shelves to notice what's in other people's carts. Probably why I didn't follow what you were saying.

Been there and done that with the little ones. Glad you were not offended :smile:
  • alismommy1992
    alismommy1992 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    This thread is ridiculous. This is why I avoid F&N topics like the plague. People believe in so much false information that they make losing weight a losing proposition. They make it so difficult that people give up after a few weeks. Sodium doesn't make you fat. Processed food doesn't make you fat. Fat doesn't make you fat. Stay under calories and hit your macros. it's so damn easy.

omg thank u thank u thank u ...thats exactly what i say people act like salt,carbs sugar make you fat no they dont eating too many calories does hate when people say omg its too much sodium omg too much carbs ..i had managed to lose 72lbs in 10 eating a bunch of fruit going wayyyyy over my sugar and carbs and eating salty seasoning going wayyy above my sodium and guess what i lost weight and had a lean toned body

• Bbeliever215
    Bbeliever215 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    They have to be one of the most overrated fast food places ever, especially when referring to "healthy" options. Furthermore, I am from Philly so I would never go for subway when I can get a hoagie just about anywhere. Wawa hoagie are pretty decent for 5 bucks.