How often do you eat at Subway

Options
I'm going to start eating there a lot when I begin exercising more because it's close to my house and convenient. I'll just be getting a 6 inch turkey on whole wheat with lettuce and tomatoes. That's under 300 calories so I don't see a problem.

Replies

• NikiDeaf
    NikiDeaf Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    this is a funny topic becuz I eat there often. I have an iphone app that calculates the calories for me called Subway Fan.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    It's overpriced and you can make a better sandwich with fewer cals at home. Screw subway
  • muah3iluvzu06
    muah3iluvzu06 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I eat there every now & then but I agree you can make a much better sandwich at home & save your $$.
  • karoliknee
    karoliknee Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    @Mutant13 Amen sista.
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Probably about twice a month and sometimes I kick myself cause they are so pricey.
  • stanluoser
    Options
    Save your money, and make your own sandwiches. Even though the meatball and cold cut are $2 each!
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I do like Subway, but like others have mentioned, I can make a delicious sandwich at home for way less money and calories. I do eat at Subway probably once a month or so,
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I saw them in a documentary, and the amount of salt in there subs and everything else, then another one about hygiene...never again, also don't eat big macs etc, I only do maccy D wraps (but the small ones)

so...never to sub
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    It's overpriced and you can make a better sandwich with fewer cals at home. Screw subway

this
  • ravenchick
    ravenchick Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I eat there 2 or 3 times a month but I get the chopped Chicken salads. I love Subway!!
  • fitQueenbeast
    Options
    I eat at Subway once a week. However, I don't add cheese and I eat the honey grain bread with roast beef or tuna. They have a calorie calculator on their website that will allow you to calculate your own sandwich based off the ingredients. Love it!
  • Leeann1979
    Leeann1979 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Treat yourself once in a while!! I have a 6 inch ham and turkey on wheat every now and then!! Just don`t do it daily, gets pricey!
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Not sure if they use a different bread than in UK as our Subway is like tasteless spongy pap but why eat out when you are near home? Your own ingredients will be tastier and more nutritious as well as cheaper!
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I'd rather go home and make me a bacon hamburger for less calories and is by far more tasty. Just saying. ;)
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Never. Ever. Never ever.
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I go 3 times per month...12 inch chicken this or that...they have several great choices.
    ENJOY!
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    When I have been desperate traveling and I can't get to a supermarket, I get a salad from subway. they have a good selection of veggies, so its a better option than other "fast food" places but only in a pinch. I'd rather hit a grocery store and make something myself.
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    it's also cheaper to cook a steak at home, but I don't mind paying $45 for a filet when it is masterfully cooked. Nothing wrong with Subway when it is your best option on the fly. I eat there once a week for dinner when I'm working late......
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    i love subway.... but... iv had subway no more than 6 times in my life :|
    you can make the same which is better for you for much less at home x
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    5 times a day 8 days a week