How often do you eat at Subway

Options

Replies

• treesa101
    Options
    I eat there five days a week for lunch its convienant its fresh and not only that, i can feed me and the dog for like 5 bucks i drink water its free and ill keep going it cant be beat
  • treesa101
    Options
    now im hungry lol i love subway:frown:
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Ingredients in the wheat bread: Enriched wheat flour (wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, iron, thiamine
    mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), water, yeast, whole wheat flour, sugar, contains 2% or less of the
    following: wheat gluten, oat fiber, soybean oil, wheat bran, salt, wheat, rye, yellow corn, oats, triticale,
    brown rice, barley, flaxseed, millet, sorghum, yeast nutrients (calcium carbonate, calcium sulfate,
    ammonium sulfate), vitamin D2, dough conditioners (DATEM, sodium stearoyl lactylate, potassium
    iodate, ascorbic acid, azodicarbonamide), caramel color, refinery syrup, honey, yeast extract, natural
    flavor, enzymes.

ingredients in the turkey breast: Turkey breast, turkey broth, contains 2% or less of: carrageenan, dextrose,
    modified food starch (derived from corn), salt, seasoned salt (salt, sodium diacetate, flavoring), sodium
    lactate, sodium phosphate. * Browned in soybean oil. May contain: seasonings (modified corn starch,
    dextrose, salt, carrageenan, sodium diacetate, flavorings), potassium lactate.

Sounds really fresh right?

It's ok to eat it sometimes, but don't allow yourself to be fooled into thinking it's good for you.
  • lithiumkat
    Options
    This thread is ridiculous. This is why I avoid F&N topics like the plague. People believe in so much false information that they make losing weight a losing proposition. They make it so difficult that people give up after a few weeks. Sodium doesn't make you fat. Processed food doesn't make you fat. Fat doesn't make you fat. Stay under calories and hit your macros. it's so damn easy.
    Subway is 300% better than the junk I used to eat...wow!
    I consider it high class health food.
    To each his own...if folks see Subway as junk, don't eat it.
    MORE FOR ME!

^this

seriously though, if you are eating out, you know it's not likely to be stellar for you. They want it to taste good and get you to come back for more, and if someone's in it for the health factor more than the taste factor it is likely to be at home. So the same could be said of anyplace for making a tasty healthier version of it at home. When you go out they are going to be using ingredients that contain preservatives and such, that's how it goes. As for the hygiene, as stated, it's going to differ in every single location. The way I see it is this, it is not a good idea to eat daily or on a regular basis compared to stuff you can make/eat at home for less calories, fresher, more healthy etc, but for eating out as a treat and/or a convenience of occasional sort, I think it's a much better alternative then noshing down on a big mac and fries, or dairy queen, or a good portion of anyplace else. There are simply very few fast food options that are very healthy. Try to keep it to a minimum (once a month or less preferably) and make smart choices based on what is available and you should be fine, the same could be said should you ever find yourself in another fast food location. I will say that like many others, Subway is one of the few places I will allow myself to willingly go to eat out.
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Subway here met the same fate of Dunkin Donuts, KFC and Starbucks. Total bankruptcy and running back to the other side of the ocean. Unfortunately that wasn't the case for McDonald's.
  • lukester19
    lukester19 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I go if my friends go there. I love making my sandwiches though so i usually make them at home.
  • Codefox
    Codefox Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I think subway is pretty gross. The meat is the lowest quality anywhere. Compared to most fast food though its not too bad so in an emergency I can eat it. I've had it once this year and it was as disappointing as I remembered.
  • brendanstallard
    brendanstallard Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    When considering eating at Subway, observe its customers for a little. Count the skinny folk going in and out their doors. Check it out, you might get a big surprise. Then ask yourself, what does that tell you?

Ask a nutritionist, the proper, qualified types who work at Dr's offices. They'll tell ya, LOUD and CLEAR.

All the stuff about questionable meat products, yeah, okay, but we humans are omnivores, maybe we kin manage some mystery meat, but cumulatively, it'll get ya.

The BIGGEST problem with Subway is all that Bread. Nothing but worthless carbs. If your diabetic profile is close to the edge-stay away from Subway.

If you're an elite athlete, needing carbs left and right, yer probably okay. If you are cubicle wage slave, keep out of Subway.

Of course, you can always eat better and cheaper at home, but truth is, we all find reasons not to do our own cooking. When we do eat at home, betcha that it's something out of a box or carton, right?

Me, I'm a tightwad, and a puir ole pensioner. Best food is at home. Up yer proteins, drop the carbs.

brendan
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I eat there less than once a year. I can't even remember the last time I was there. But I eat fast food of any kind very rarely. I cook most of our food and when we go out we prefer restaurants with wait staff and good food.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Of course, you can always eat better and cheaper at home, but truth is, we all find reasons not to do our own cooking. When we do eat at home, betcha that it's something out of a box or carton, right?

No, other than ingredients like grains. beans, frozen vegetables or fish that come in some type of packaging. It's cheaper, tastier and usually more nutritious to prepare meals from scratch.
  • brendanstallard
    brendanstallard Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    [/quote]No, other than ingredients like grains. beans, frozen vegetables or fish that come in some type of packaging. It's cheaper, tastier and usually more nutritious to prepare meals from scratch.[/quote]

Bcattoes,

I wuz makin' ze ironic point, no more:)

Part of the problem these days is we sit around the TV eating munchies, watching cooking programmes.

By the time the Zombies come on for The Walking Dead-I'm too sick to the stomach to chop vegetables!

brendan
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Not often enough!! I love subway but my closest one is about 20mins drive & you can't park anywhere near it :cry:
  • looneytunes32
    looneytunes32 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    once or twice a month, if I don't bring my lunch from home. I work in a small town, there aren't a lot of options, so it's McD's, BK, Taco Bell, or Subway for a quick lunch. I never go to Taco Bell, aside from it can't be good for me, the one here is just NASTY. McD's has a good salad, but you have to think about what chicken you're putting on there and what dressing you get. I get either that or Subway, avoiding some of the more fattening stuff. obviously from home food is better (assuming it's not a package of oreos or something like that) but sometimes from home just can't happen.
  • MatthewNSW
    Options
    It's probably the lesser of the evils, but I try to avoid walking into any convenience/fast food joint. It's just easier for me the way I'm wired to stay away from them all rather than try and tell myself one's okay....
  • Linda09189
    Options
    just to let you know Subway does NOT have whole wheat bread it is only wheat bread, so many ppl think it's
    whole 100%.....it's great to get veggies in but the bread has to many carbs for me...
  • mmipanda
    mmipanda Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    eugh never. hate it. markets itself as healthy when its anything but.
  • SirDoctorofTARDIS
    SirDoctorofTARDIS Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    At most I'm there every other week. I just love the Sriracha Chicken with jalapenos
  • leaner426
    Options
    It's about the only fast food I can eat because I can't eat gluten (celiac disease.) You can have any sandwich made into a salad and I find the prices reasonable, the fixings are fresh and you can change it up. As long as you're meeting your food goals I wouldn't worry about how often you eat there.
  • meganfoster12
    meganfoster12 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    once a week
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Once every month or two. Not as frequent when dieting.