ladies.. what did u crave when you were pregnant?..

Options
lovelyMYlovely
lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
when i was pregnant with my daughter i craved- green apples (had to be green apples) with lime sprinkled on it and salt.... also i loved hot wings and hot stuff when i was pregnant with her.. i also loved taco bell mexican pizzas... and mcdonalds chicken selects with buffalo sauce... also pickles

with my son i hated fast food... i hated hot foods.. i LOVED wheat cereals... i especially hated taco bell with my son..and i hated pickles with him also.. i really didnt crave anything with my son except cereal...

its crazy how different pregnancies can be... can i hear some of ur craving stories while u were pregnant?..

Replies

• TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I craved Starbuck Mocha frapps and A&W rootbeer. I was even able to quit smoking but I couldn't bare the thought of saying goodbye to my sweet, sweet coffee
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    mexican food

fried pickles in mustard

mints, toothpaste, and minty-flavored-things

root beer floats with chocolate-chip-mint ice cream

but most of all,

ICE

loads and loads of ice

i used to take peppermint extract and freeze it into ice cubes, then eat it by the tray-full

and i judged all restaurants and gas stations by the quality of their ice
  • lovelyMYlovely
    Options
    lol ya actually quit drinking when i was pregnant... and never even wanted or craved liquor... i drank alot before my first born... so i knew there was a problem when i didnt even want liquor anymore lol... i felt sick even by the smell..
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Lately, it's been dark chocolate, though I have had a lot more food aversions than cravings along the way. I couldn't stand the smell or sight of meat for several weeks early on.

I did have a serious french fry craving in my first trimester.
  • lovelyMYlovely
    Options
    mexican food

fried pickles in mustard

but most of all,

ICE

loads and loads of ice

i used to take peppermint extract and freeze it into ice cubes, then eat it by the tray-full

wow.. this is crazy... u loved ooth paste.. this reminds me of the people who like paint off of the walls when the are pregnant. lol i think its just cuz u loovveedd peppermint haha.. wow.. i like this one its cool.. and unheard of :)
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Candied salmon and A&W root beer - couldn't get enough!

I also hated veggies for the first trimester.
  • PapaverSomniferum
    Options
    mexican food

fried pickles in mustard

but most of all,

ICE

loads and loads of ice

wow.. this is crazy... u loved ooth paste.. this reminds me of the people who like paint off of the walls when the are pregnant. lol i think its just cuz u loovveedd peppermint haha.. wow.. i like this one its cool.. and unheard of :)

yeah, i tried not to eat the toothpaste

much

i just settled on brushing my teeth a dozen times a day.

the mint and ice craving traveled through the entirety of both my pregnancies

i also popped mint-flavored tums like crazy, because I always had heartburn from all the mexican food and mint candy
  • lovelyMYlovely
    Options

what the heck is candied salmon lol......!!!! never heard of it....? ya i craved big red soda with both pregnancies
  • lovelyMYlovely
    Options
    mexican food

fried pickles in mustard

but most of all,

ICE

loads and loads of ice

yeah, i tried not to eat the toothpaste

much

i just settled on brushing my teeth a dozen times a day.

the mint and ice craving traveled through the entirety of both my pregnancies

i also popped mint-flavored tums like crazy, because I always had heartburn from all the mexican food and mint candy
    haha ur funny... do u like mint in general though?... cuz i hate green apples and hot sauce lol and i really dont like wheat cereal... i ike the fruity sweet kinds lol..
  • PapaverSomniferum
    Options

haha ur funny... do u like mint in general though?... cuz i hate green apples and hot sauce lol and i really dont like wheat cereal... i ike the fruity sweet kinds lol..

mint's okay. I like it.

However, when I was knocked up, minty stuff is almost all I could think about! (that is, between crying fits, nausea, and utter exhaustion)

and I never eat ice outside of pregnancy. It hurts my teeth.
  • CkepiJinx
    CkepiJinx Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I didn't crave any thing but when I was pregnant with my daughter I could not stand new England clam chowder. I couldn't even watch commercials with it made me want to puke. I really liked it before but oh my when I was pregnant... It took me years before I started eating it again.
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options

what the heck is candied salmon lol......!!!! never heard of it....? ya i craved big red soda with both pregnancies

Candied salmon is salmon that is dried out or smoked with some sort of sweet glaze like a bit of honey. So good, I could eat half a salmon this way. Mmmmm.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Just bumping because I love this thread.
  • LosingMyMarbles
    LosingMyMarbles Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Stouffers Mac & Cheese
  • SLRamirez2012
    Options
    With my first daughter I ate a ton of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.. like constantly..... and mandarin oranges.. I would eat like 3-4 in one sitting

And with my second I was in love with Taco Bell.
  • lovelyMYlovely
    Options
    With my first daughter I ate a ton of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.. like constantly..... and mandarin oranges.. I would eat like 3-4 in one sitting

And with my second I was in love with Taco Bell.
    yes i loved peanut butter and jellies with my son.. i usually HATE it.. lol
  • Starla_
    Starla_ Posts: 349
    Options
    with my first - tuna and salad sandwiches and strawberry milk

and with all 3 - raw lemons eaten like oranges and plain potato chips. I would buy a bag of lemons and just munch on them with potato chips hahaha.

With all 3 the smell of cooking meat made me feel really ill and my first pregnancy also turned me off Mcdonalds for life lol
  • lovelyMYlovely
    Options

Candied salmon is salmon that is dried out or smoked with some sort of sweet glaze like a bit of honey. So good, I could eat half a salmon this way. Mmmmm.
    u know that sounds good.. lol... i am not a fan of jerkey but this sounds like a fish jerkey i may try this lol. and no im not pregnant.. hehe..
  • lovelyMYlovely
    Options
    with my first - tuna and salad sandwiches and strawberry milk

and with all 3 - raw lemons eaten like oranges and plain potato chips. I would buy a bag of lemons and just munch on them with potato chips hahaha.

With all 3 the smell of cooking meat made me feel really ill and my first pregnancy also turned me off Mcdonalds for life lol
    yes!! what was it about lemons... lol. I LOVED THEM.. on apples though lol..
  • Retiredmom72
    Retiredmom72 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    1st pregnancy craved Oreos and milk or watermelon
    2nd pregnancy anything fried (mostly meat) didn't want anything healthy or with tomato based sauces