ladies.. what did u crave when you were pregnant?..

Options

Replies

• VictoriousMommy
    VictoriousMommy Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    With my first and second, I didn't have any cravings and I thought it was a myth, or an excuse for women to eat whatever they want...

Then I had my 3rd and I had severe cravings for pineapple!! I couldnt get enough...I would just eat it and eat it...I'd buy 3 large already peeled and eat all of it...I sent my hubby out to get it for me a few times late at night.
    Then I truly understood the cravings...
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    The very first thing was fried chicken. I didn't eat meat for about 7 months then I had an unbelieveable craving for fried chicken. Then 3 days later it was for an Italian beef sandwich. The next morning I found out I was pregnant.

Chinese food - whether it's from the Chinese buffet, a greasy dive or making it at home
    Waffles
    McDonald's steak, egg, and cheese bagel
    Taco Bell chicken burritos
    Cheeseburgers

Beer, gin, sushi and sex.

Baby Charlotte will be here 3/3/13
  • FunnyGirl613
    FunnyGirl613 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    My first pregnancy I craved broccoli and brown rice together - no matter what else we ate for dinner I had to have broccoli and brown rice. I also craved pink grapefruits in both pregnancies. In the first pregnancy I also craved pizza.

Horror of horrors in my second pregnancy chocolate tasted metallic and repugnant :noway: :noway: That was how I figured out I was pregnant. We were eating chocolate rugelach and I said, "Yuck! These are bad - they taste weird!" My then husband said, "You're crazy, these are delicious."
  • FunnyGirl613
    FunnyGirl613 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    PS both of mine were girls and I didn't crave anything spice in either pregnancy. :)
  • MavenMassage505
    Options
    Honestly Craved a Dard beer almost the whole time I was pregnant and DIDN'T DO IT. I did however find out why I craved it. I was Vitamin B deficient and after I started taking supplements I was good.

CRAVED Tacos from a place called Taco Cabana here in New Mexico. My son would do the "Taco HAPPY DANCE" inside my womb.

Queso, Jalapenos and home made tortilla chips from Taco Cabana.

Peanut Butter and Mayo on rye bread.

Peanut Butter on Toast with a Fried Egg on top.

At the end it got to be more abouy sweets. Coffee Ice Cream with nuts. Dark Choc. with Nuts andything with NUTS.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    With my son: Steak and cheesecake.
    With my daughter: Sour candy belts, raisins and chicken wings.
  • IslandRider
    Options
    Fried chicken liver with Tabasco and white grapes.

Edit for typo
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    When I was pregnant with my daughter, I craved Burger King veggie burgers and cheesy tots! Oh dear lord could I eat those. Oh and orange juice. I would drink an entire carton of Minute Maid low acid pulp free orange juice a day!

The worst one was fresh pineapple! I wanted it soooo badly and it was so hard to find where I lived at the time. It got to the point that my little sister found one where she lived (1.5 hours away) and wrapped it up and presented it as a gift as at my baby shower!

My entire first trimester I couldn't stand the smell of bacon and I LOVE bacon! I was a manager at McDonald's at the time and had to request I be moved to closing shifts so I could avoid the smell of bacon cooking.
  • AliceRabbit13
    AliceRabbit13 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    1st boy - V8 (though the last trimester I couldn't stand it. Before then, though, I drank gallons of the stuff).

2nd boy - raw tomatoes (NEVER got sick of this one - the more the better!)

The 2nd boy I was gestationally diabetic, so I barely had any weight gain with the diabetic diet (boo!) The first boy I gained what I was supposed to.

Cool topic!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    pudding.jpg
    snack-cake-stock-089.jpg
  • Superstar_81
    Superstar_81 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Great topic!!
    Lucozade original...I drank it all the time and one day I ate a cadburys fudge bar (which I never really liked) and just thought 'Wow!! Best chocolate ever!!'...then ate six in one go :( Haha!
  • mmmnhmr
    Options
    Cheese Doritos!!
  • lovelyMYlovely
    lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    The very first thing was fried chicken. I didn't eat meat for about 7 months then I had an unbelieveable craving for fried chicken. Then 3 days later it was for an Italian beef sandwich. The next morning I found out I was pregnant.

Chinese food - whether it's from the Chinese buffet, a greasy dive or making it at home
    Waffles
    McDonald's steak, egg, and cheese bagel
    Taco Bell chicken burritos
    Cheeseburgers

Beer, gin, sushi and sex.

Baby Charlotte will be here 3/3/13
    beer gin sushi and sex? 3 out of the 4 are bad for u.. sushi is HORRIBLE so is beer and ESPECIALLY gin... thats not good i hope u were kidding lol.. and girl babies never come ontime....
  • lovelyMYlovely
    Options
    Honestly Craved a Dard beer almost the whole time I was pregnant and DIDN'T DO IT. I did however find out why I craved it. I was Vitamin B deficient and after I started taking supplements I was good.

CRAVED Tacos from a place called Taco Cabana here in New Mexico. My son would do the "Taco HAPPY DANCE" inside my womb.

Queso, Jalapenos and home made tortilla chips from Taco Cabana.

Peanut Butter and Mayo on rye bread.

Peanut Butter on Toast with a Fried Egg on top.

At the end it got to be more abouy sweets. Coffee Ice Cream with nuts. Dark Choc. with Nuts andything with NUTS.
    i remember taco cabana.. they had it in texas sooo good lol.. they dont have one here though...
  • lovelyMYlovely
    Options
    pudding.jpg
    snack-cake-stock-089.jpg
    noooo!! y must u show me something that is impossible to retrieve.. lol they were out of this stuff a long while ago... RIP hostess.. hehe yes a bit dramatic but still..
  • lsapphire
    lsapphire Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    my first it was fresh strawberries and salted peanuts (at the same time) with my second it was pickled pigs feet lol:laugh:
  • lovelyMYlovely
    Options
    my first it was fresh strawberries and salted peanuts (at the same time) with my second it was pickled pigs feet lol:laugh:
    ewww no way!!! pickled pigs feet.... yuckkkkkk lol no offense...
  • jennyph2006
    jennyph2006 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    First baby.. Ice
    Second baby... fudge chocolate cake with icecream :(
  • honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I am pregnant now in my first trimester and I have really been craving burgers a lot lately. Beef burgers topped with onion, cheese, salad and mayo.
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Whopper's Malted Milk Balls.