Replies

• brendaschmitt1
    Options
    i thought this would be a more equalized comparison

curvy

0_16x9V_2263.jpg

vs skinny

candice_swanepoel_victorias_secret_show_01.jpg

i prefer the skinny one. she is skinny with curves, while kim is curvy but mushy looking.

Kim

They are both curvy except one is more petite and the other is tall.
  • TwistedFun
    Options

curvy

0_16x9V_2263.jpg

vs skinny

i prefer the skinny one. she is skinny with curves, while kim is curvy but mushy looking.

Kim

They are both curvy except one is more petite and the other is tall.

yet the taller one is also thinner, even if because of her height.
  • bettacheckyoself
    Options
    They are both attractive, but I would prefer this look....

lisa-marie_de_bodyrock_avant.jpg

To anyone who thinks that this lady is unattractive and should gain more curves/ weight,....I would like to say that I believe this lady intentionally worked hard to look the way she does.....how hard did you work to look the way you do?

She is incredibly strict and disciplined with her exercise and diet. Her body is her job, which is not the case for the majority of people.

That is obvious.
  • move257
    move257 Posts: 313
    Options
    To each their own. For me, curvy all day!!!!!!! Thick women with curves have it all!!!
  • dan1971drum
    dan1971drum Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Okay, enough of the "don't you wish..." threads. How about this reality:

1. I would "do" them both. I would not "date" either of them ...unless they are paying. The reality is that I am never going to have either of them. So I take it you want to know what I find attractive in a woman, and you are trying to get women to "IM" you so you can sell them something. I also take it that that are not your own abs in your profile pic; because if you are in that good of shape ...you do not need to be here.
    Do you suppose that there's fit people here who got fit using this site, and perhaps want to continue to use it to maintain/improve their fitness while helping other people?
    2. I want a woman that cares how she looks, even if she is not where she wants to be yet; but is smart enough to do something about it. If she needs to be 110lbs, or 160lbs ...as long as she knows this, and is working to get there. I want a woman that I can get close to, that does not have to chew two 18-packs of gum or mints a day because she has severe halitosis from starvation.This is 2013 people, in the midst of our 3rd-straight spend-thrift in the white house ...so be smart enough to realize it is what is in a woman's head and pocket-book that counts.
    Absolutely bizarre that you somehow went from starvation halitosis to Obama in one bullet point. Just to be fair, since I know there must be tons of women clamoring for your affections, low-carb dieters also get the halitosis, not just those who are starving.
    3. As to myself. I do not want six-back abs, I do not want the most well-defined muscles. I just want to be THIN AS I CAN BE, and stay healthy. If muscle weighs more than fat ...then I want the fat. I want to be able to walk into ANY store and buy cloths. Not have to order on-line or from the spring/summer specialty-catalog entitled "MT" (short for metric-ton) in order to find clothes that fit. I want to be able to worry about losing those last 5 or 10 pounds, instead of the same number inches off my waist-line. I want to be able to jog and run 4-miles in 15-minutes ...instead of pant and faint to make a sub-20 minute mile ...while every old woman laps me a few times laughing at how slow I am ...their husbands telling them to quiet down, and say things like "at least he is out here trying to do something about it". I do not need to feel good about myself, I just need to purchase less leather the next time I need a belt.
    Erm....good for you. Skinny as can be is an awesome goal. I'm sure you'll be able to get to 4x3:45minute miles in a row with that goal, too. Spoiler alert: Skinny as possible does not lead to world-record breaking speed. I realize you're either exaggerating or really uneducated in running and don't expect to actually run 4 miles in 15 minutes, but speed=fitness.
    Get the point yet?
    FYI: 90% of the men and women on this site feel the same way as I. That's why we are here.
    I think you're misinformed. I think very few people if given the choice between skinny as possible w/ excess fat or looking fit with a few extra lbs on the scale would choose skinny and doughy.
    ps: the woman on the right will be a "tub of lard" in about 10-years.
    She might gain weight, she might not. Either way, you have NO idea of what her life will be like. She's fit and strong now, maybe a little higher BF% on her lower body than I'd prefer for myself, but there is nothing to indicate that she's on a life path towards lard-dom. This comment is both rude and ignorant.

Nice to read your comments, but I do no think you read anything that I wrote:
    Do you suppose that there's fit people here who got fit using this site, and perhaps want to continue to use it to maintain/improve their fitness while helping other people?

The honest answer is "no". I do believe there are plenty of people on here who are losing, or have lost, weight. The rest of my comment stands as stated. People are on here because they have a database that is somewhat unregulated ...the positive side of this is it is large. If I did not feel that I was helping, would I post on a blog? If you are helping, that I applaud your actions, but you are not in the majority here. Again if you want to refine your already fit body ...look to a site that will offer more on food content (ie: nutritiondata.com or other).
    Absolutely bizarre that you somehow went from starvation halitosis to Obama in one bullet point. Just to be fair, since I know there must be tons of women clamoring for your affections, low-carb dieters also get the halitosis, not just those who are starving.

As long as you are being fair ...please note that I referred to Clinton, Bush (W), and Obama. My comment was meant to show the changing landscape in finding love in today's society; not to express political favor. Also bad breath is bad breath ...what ever the diet that causes it. It is a sign of something unhealthy in your digestive system. So like the man said ...if you want to find out why your thumb hurts; you can start by not hitting it with a hammer.

Erm....good for you. Skinny as can be is an awesome goal. I'm sure you'll be able to get to 4x3:45minute miles in a row with that goal, too. Spoiler alert: Skinny as possible does not lead to world-record breaking speed. I realize you're either exaggerating or really uneducated in running and don't expect to actually run 4 miles in 15 minutes, but speed=fitness.

Glad to see you feel the same way. I am not immune to the pain of running. Yes there was a touch of sarcasm in the post. Yes it does take me 17:18 to go a mile. Yes I am embarrassed about that fact. Also I know a person that is three years my elder, and she averages 6.8 mpm ...and she has yet to win a race. Speed=the fitness I want.
    She might gain weight, she might not. Either way, you have NO idea of what her life will be like. She's fit and strong now, maybe a little higher BF% on her lower body than I'd prefer for myself, but there is nothing to indicate that she's on a life path towards lard-dom. This comment is both rude and ignorant.

It is not as ignorant and rude as her photo ...yet you chose not to say anything about that.
    I think you're misinformed. I think very few people if given the choice between skinny as possible w/ excess fat or looking fit with a few extra lbs on the scale would choose skinny and doughy.

How did you get this from my comment? Obviously if one has "excess fat", or is "doughy" they are not 'as skinny as possible'.

The point behind my comments are simple ...lose weight is the goal that 99.999% of the people on this site are here for. The fact that my comment became the "cheese" that brought a couple of mice out of the woodwork is irrelevant. However, I do apologize for it.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    They are both attractive, but I would prefer this look....

lisa-marie_de_bodyrock_avant.jpg

To anyone who thinks that this lady is unattractive and should gain more curves/ weight,....I would like to say that I believe this lady intentionally worked hard to look the way she does.....how hard did you work to look the way you do?

She is incredibly strict and disciplined with her exercise and diet. Her body is her job, which is not the case for the majority of people.

That is obvious.

My response was to "how hard did you work to look the way you do?"
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I was watching a British show and they sure like their actresses with some meat on their bones lol I didn't see a single skinny actress and I'm now on season 2. I'm really redefining my goals, I've never felt at peace with the idea of being really skinny.

Brit TV > North American TV, especially when it comes to Sci-Fi :smile:

maybe in scifi but US tv in general is the best of them all. Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Walking Dead are 3 amazing shows on just 1 of our billion networks.
    I'm an American and while we do have our share of good shows, I have to agree that in general the Brits do it better.

And, clearly, the person who said Brits like meat has never seen Coupling or The IT crowd.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    airbrush.gif
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Fit people on this site are either made-up profiles, or just looking to feel better about themselves among us that are overweight...

I thought this was called "MyFITNESSPal" to help people keep up with their fitness goals at all levels.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Well, alllrighty then. At this point, my only takeaway from this entire thread is, as Wil Wheaton says, "Don't be a d!ck."

People like what they like. People are on this site for ALL reasons, not just the ones others think are worthy.

Do what you want. Like whatever type of body you choose. Have whatever type of body makes YOU happy. Take from this site whatever you need. Leave other people the heck alone. /end
  • RyanWilson1993
    RyanWilson1993 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Curvy for sure!
  • xXxHBICxXx
    xXxHBICxXx Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Both girls are pretty but I think the 2nd one looks the best I think curvy women are a little better looking.
  • 84woolf
    84woolf Posts: 153
    Options
    Holy hell. Wtf is the big deal.

The chitchat section is RIDDLED with silly, irrelevant, stupid and potentially hurtful threads. To me, the do you like this body over that one isn't a big deal...its certainly not worse then SMASH OR PASS, rate the person above, screw or date etc...

Curvier. Not that woman you chose to depict but I know what you're going for. Curvy is nice nut healthy and happy is best.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options

curvy

0_16x9V_2263.jpg

vs skinny

Kim

I prefer the skinny one in this comparison.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options

curvy

0_16x9V_2263.jpg

vs skinny

Neither .
  • DeMayr
    DeMayr Posts: 67
    Options
    Curvy from the first comparison and Skinny from the second comparison (with Kim).
  • OHHAII304
    Options
    Personally I'd pick skinny.
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I think the correct answer is whichever one gets you laid.... which in either case could be skinny or curvy.
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I think the curvy girl, I dont see why everyone is acting so spastic over a question... I think the curvy girl is NOT soft she looks toned and she has a small waist, and she has no cellulite, everything is perportioned in the right areas. And it looks like something that i could mantain and actualy have a life. Nothing wrong with asking this question.. i am a women and iam so not offened by this.

I think sometimes we women will argue over the smallest thing because a man posted it.. really sorry but i dont see why everyone is craping on the OP.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    airbrush.gif

uh huh.. Kim K wishes she actually looks like that.