"Cut and Paste" experts on this forum

Options
I feel like there are some self made "experts" on this forum that stalk out threads they don't believe in and attack everyone! It's SO hard to keep it friendly sometimes.........

UGH.:huh:

We all believe in different forms of lifestyles, diets, exercise.......the point is so see all different sides of our health issues and lifestyles, and learn from them!

....there are some meanies :mad: on this forum sometimes, and I feel bad for people that have questions and get attacked :frown:

I have pretty much learned my lesson to "keep it light" here, but I get so mad sometimes reading what people say!!!!

Replies

• karmasBFF
    karmasBFF Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I feel like there are some self made "experts" on this forum that stalk out threads they don't believe in and attack everyone! It's SO hard to keep it friendly sometimes.........

UGH.:huh:

We all believe in different forms of lifestyles, diets, exercise.......the point is so see all different sides of our health issues and lifestyles, and learn from them!

....there are some meanies :mad: on this forum sometimes, and I feel bad for people that have questions and get attacked :frown:

I have pretty much learned my lesson to "keep it light" here, but I get so mad sometimes reading what people say!!!!

Some people just can't handle other people's perspectives...its their way or the highway.

Either way we are all here to learn and that's key...we just have to keep in mind people learn differently and we cant let those that "learn" differently matter all that much.
  • melissaovadare
    melissaovadare Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Amen! I alway root for the underdog............
  • karmasBFF
    Options
    Funny, I thought I had "changed the face of this site" with my post...but now, I see them everywhere! I really think that if people are going to disagree with the person that STARTS the thread, they should do it respectfully. After all, its their thread...otherwise, move along...
  • deedeehawaii
    deedeehawaii Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    It sort of reminds me of how some people, who don't like the topic of a thread or don't think it is worthy of discussion, toss in "what a waste of time to post about this topic". I figure that if you are not interested, then skip the thread, but don't berate those who are expressing their questions or views.

What would .. wasn't it Rodney King .... say ..... "can't we all just get along?"..... :smile:
  • Rev_no_Boosh
    Options
    I agree. Even if you disagree, you can always be respectful and civil. There's no reason to get personal or be mean.
  • deedeehawaii
    deedeehawaii Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Karma, I think you and I were thinking alike and typing at the same time.
  • karmasBFF
    Options
    Karma, I think you and I were thinking alike and typing at the same time.

I believe we were! I still see people posting comments about my CHEATERS thread. GET OVER IT PEOPLE!

Melissa,

You know what I mean!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    There are one or two people who post here that I'd like to virtually smack upside the head. :grumble: I'm sure there are a few that'd like to smack me too. lol
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    Some people are just born smart-*kitten*:grumble:
  • mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    Options
    I agree. Even if you disagree, you can always be respectful and civil. There's no reason to get personal or be mean.

I try to make sure I always do this. I disagree many times. Out of those I bite my tongue most times. And when I don't, I try to be respectful and civil.
  • Deweypc20
    Deweypc20 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I feel you get that on any forum, but I feel it is much less here. People generally want help, and are willing to give help here.

Debates are good, as there are so many ways to look at things, and can give people options.

Butttttttttt, there is no place for being disrepectful, especially when we are all aiming towards the same goal, to be fit and healthy.
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with what you're saying. Though, sometimes I feel like it applies to me, lol. When I came here, I was a total noob who knew nothing. Now, in the grand scheme of things... I'm still a noob, lol. But I do know a LOT more than I did when I first came here.

I try to have patience, but I'll admit, I slam my head into my desk EACH AND EVERY TIME someone complains they're not losing weight and someone 'helpfully' says, "Oh, you're just gaining muscle. And muscle weighs more than fat."

I know they're well meaning, but I totally want to face kick them, lol.

So sometimes I tend to sound like a bleeding broken record. But I can't stand hearing (uh, reading) people give bad advice. Just because they heard someone say at one time "muscle weighs more than fat" they'll repeat that over and over without actually knowing what it means. ARRRRRRRRRRRRGH!

And don't get me started on my opinion of cleanses, lol.

(Um, okay, I'm ending my rant right now. :p )

I really try not to be mean, though! And I don't want to come off as being a know-it-all because believe me, I am not! I still have SO MUCH MORE TO LEARN! But I get a little passionate sometimes.

I think I've said it before, though- it's not about what we're saying, but how we're saying it. We need to, in general, be respective of one another and our different opinions. People might not always like what I have to say, but I like to make it a goal of mine that, at the very least, I'm mindful of how I say it.

(There I go again, talking too much!)
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Oooooopppppppssss!!! :laugh:
    I just replied to a thread that I thought was kind of... well, stupid! I didn't do it very "respectfully", but I said my peice and moved on.... Hmmmmm..... I wonder if I now qualify as a "meanie" :bigsmile:
    Some threads are just too obnoxious to pass up....
    I DEFINITELY do NOT think I know it all.... I don't even know HALF... but I like to add what I can...... I LOVE the threads on here... There are some who go a little overboard spreading their VAST KNOWLEDGE of any given topic..... it's kind of funny... I can always pick the posts that I know they will pop up in "spreading their knowledge"... :laugh:
  • mromnek
    mromnek Posts: 325
    Options
    There are one or two people who post here that I'd like to virtually smack upside the head. :grumble: I'm sure there are a few that'd like to smack me too. lol

Sometimes I feel like smacking myself upside the head!!! :grumble: Thwackkkk!!!!!
  • mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    Options
    ...it's kind of funny... I can always pick the posts that I know they will pop up in "spreading their knowledge"... :laugh:

Whenever I read this from people, I always think people are talking about me. Makes me want to just not post. :-(
  • karmasBFF
    Options
    Oooooopppppppssss!!! :laugh:
    I just replied to a thread that I thought was kind of... well, stupid! I didn't do it very "respectfully", but I said my peice and moved on.... Hmmmmm..... I wonder if I now qualify as a "meanie" :bigsmile:
    Some threads are just too obnoxious to pass up....
    I DEFINITELY do NOT think I know it all.... I don't even know HALF... but I like to add what I can...... I LOVE the threads on here... There are some who go a little overboard spreading their VAST KNOWLEDGE of any given topic..... it's kind of funny... I can always pick the posts that I know they will pop up in "spreading their knowledge"... :laugh:
    I saw that thread, Miss KandyJo!!! LOL

We live and we learn and I DEFINITELY think its the threads that call people out that get those same people to think about what they are saying or doing, as well as anyone else reading it on the sidelines. Sure, we can all sugarcoat everything we say, but, at some point, people need tough love. and if not tough love, then a cyber smack upside the head to get them thinking!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    ...it's kind of funny... I can always pick the posts that I know they will pop up in "spreading their knowledge"... :laugh:

Whenever I read this from people, I always think people are talking about me. Makes me want to just not post. :-(

I think you seem pretty reasonable...for the most part. lol
  • karmasBFF
    Options

Well, I dont think its you. I think she is referring to those that talk AT you rather than TO you. These are the people that are full of themselves and like to PROVE they KNOW more than YOU...that energy jumps off the screen and it makes people tune out.

But you, dear, I think you are just fine....
  • kandyjo
    Options

Nope, sweetie! YOu are definitely not one of those that popped into my head LOL....
    Post away....:wink:
  • kandyjo
    Options

Well, I dont think its you. I think she is referring to those that talk AT you rather than TO you. These are the people that are full of themselves and like to PROVE they KNOW more than YOU...that energy jumps off the screen and it makes people tune out.

But you, dear, I think you are just fine....

Yes, and EVERYTHING turns into an arguement with them... GEEEZZZZ... seriously!!! I people who are that uptight and into themselves just really annoy me.