Mixed Signals!

Options
So I've had this friend & he goes 2 a different uni than me. we've known eachother for about a yr and a half and we got really close over the summr and shiz and we started skyping/ txting all the time.

Around mid Nov. he started getting rlly busy with finals and he stopped sending me good morning/ good night texts/ stopped txting me first 4 the most part. We still talk-- we've skyped maybe three times between then and now. And still all the time he says he loves talking to me and he *hugs* me in our conversations all the time, but I've noticed a change....

I mean, okay, I know this all sounds kinda weird and all but I really have noticed that we don't talk as much. What I don't want to happen is for me 2 keep contacting him more than he wants me 2 or something 'cause i don't want him 2 think i'm clingy.

I rlly want 2 start the new year off fresh and on a good foot but i don't know if I should talk to him about why he hasn't been contacting me as much? Would that seem intrusive/ give him 2nd thoughts if he didn't already have them? I mean, he's still really nice when we do talk and he flirts w/ me a bit i think but I'm getting so many mixed signals & I rlly don't know what to do!

Replies

• oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Please tell me you don't text talk to him in real life as well.

Is it that hard to complete a word?
  • FreezingMist
    Options
    Only sometimes. ;)
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    with grammar skills like that, he may not want to talk to you...the red pen would be in full force....yikes.
  • FreezingMist
    Options
    Well Happy New Year to you too. :/
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Your typing makes my head hurt...

You two should Just Break Up.
  • FreezingMist
    Options
    Thanks for the help u guys.
  • TylerJ76
    Options
    Thanks for the help u guys.

*you
  • FreezingMist
    Options
    Yes.
    You.
    I know how to write.
    I just don't care to write correctly at the moment.
    I'm upset, okay? You guys around here say you're nice but... I was just asking for some help, okay?
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Go get the book "He is just not that into you" and read it.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Yes.
    You.
    I know how to write.
    I'm upset, okay? You guys around here say you're nice but... I was just asking for some help, okay?
    Well I can't even tell what the heck you are trying to say. Type again in whole words and we'll see if we can help.
    I will say however that text talk usually means some kind of lack of maturity. Which, people don't like.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    Yes.
    You.
    I know how to write.

if you really want advice...grow some balls and straight out ask him what is up....you seem to have a great friendship, and yes you two were busy at school, so since its the start to a new semester/new year be upfront with him.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Yes.
    You.
    I know how to write.

I wouldn't crows him or ask him...just be yourself.
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    He's busy, you're busy. You are both living your own lives. It's normal to grow apart.

Everyone else railed on your writing so I'll just leave it alone. :grumble:
  • Judontmesswithme
    Options
    I know how you feel, I've been where you are now, and I've learned a lot about men. If you want real advice, private message me.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Simply asking him if there's been a change in the friendship (either way) seems a reasonable thing. You might not get a straight answer, but you at least would have done the adult thing and approached it well.
  • lydia_the_tattooed_lady
    Options
    Please tell me you don't text talk to him in real life as well.

Is it that hard to complete a word?

lol I started spacing after I saw "shiz"
  • TylerJ76
    Options
    I'm not trying to be mean, but writing so we can understand you would go along way..

But from what I can understand:

He's not talking to you as much as he was?
    You want to know why?

Ask him.
    Talk to him.
    Be an adult
    If he won't answer you, then quit wasting your time
  • FreezingMist
    Options
    Ugh.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Yes.
    You.
    I know how to write.

if you really want advice...grow some balls and straight out ask him what is up....you seem to have a great friendship, and yes you two were busy at school, so since its the start to a new semester/new year be upfront with him.

sorry linds...I disagree.

Last thing guys like is why? why? why?
  • rousehouse
    rousehouse Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    You're probably over-thinking this. I wouldn't worry about talking to him "too much". He's probably been busy during the holidays and I'm sure he'd like to hear from you.