Ladies w/ 100 Pounds To Lose

Options

Replies

• Bechard05
    Bechard05 Posts: 231
    Options
    I don't know why, but I'm actually nervous to post in here.
    I guess it's because I don't get a whole lot of support from people--most of the time it ends up as ridiculous nit-picking and it drives me bonkers. :(

But anyway...I'm 23, 5'6", and I weigh 259 right now. A few months after I got out of college I weighed 275, and seeing the numbers that high freaked me out, especially because 2 years prior I had been losing weight and was at 220. 55 lbs in 2 years? Ugh, I had to change something. So for me, it's not just about working really hard at once and losing tons of weight right away, but also making gradual lifestyle changes that will actually keep me from putting the weight back on.

My goal is to try to get back to 180, so almost 100lbs. :)

There is no need to be nervous! We are all in the same boat and we are here to support and encourage each other not pull each other down!! You can do this it will take time, but you can totally do it!!!!!
  • afmom2013
    Options
    I weigh 266.5, would like to get down to 150. Would love to be added to this group. Also how do I add my ticker to my replies?
  • Michellelmt
    Michellelmt Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!! I'm in the same boat. Good luck :)

Michelle
  • Ladyvirgosdj
    Ladyvirgosdj Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me.. I'm starting over again and I gotta get it right...
  • terrbear34
    Options
    Hi, I have similar issues--need to loose at least 80 lbs--have been on disability for 6 yrs--back and knees surgery--janitor and landscaper for 30+ yrs--horribly depressed--use to be very active--now I sit and eat way too often--could use some motivation--
  • mrswaite08
    mrswaite08 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'm 23, 5'2, 253 lbs. I've got about 100 lbs to get to a comfortable weight, but to have a healthy bmi I would need to get down to 130 lbs. I lost 30 lbs from July - September. I got started on metformin for insulin resistance from PCOS & was very sick from it for 2 months & lost my motivation. I'm having a really hard time getting started back up. I've had a lot of days where I just want to binge eat (usually end up doing so) & I know it's emotional eating at it's worst.

I really need some support (no one can motivate me but myself!), I don't want to spend the rest of my life on metformin, it's no way to live!
  • Bechard05
    Bechard05 Posts: 231
    Options
    How is everyone doing?
  • ItsFinallyHappening
    Options
    I am 296 need to get to 150, I need all the help I can get. Thank you! Add me as your friend and help me stay motivated and I will help you too. We can do this and we deserve to be thin!! Here's to 2013
  • smurfaggie07
    Options
    I've got more than 100 lbs to lose, feel free to add me!
  • tumblindice
    tumblindice Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Geeez! I have a long journey.....I wish all of you a wonderful new year! I'll be here for you all!
    Judy
  • gettinfit320
    gettinfit320 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Saw your zumba logo!! Love Zumba, was doing it consistently from Oct 2011 - June 2012 when my dad died suddenly...I gained back 20 over the last 6 months during the whole grieving process. Getting back to exercise and to Zumba! :happy:
  • gettinfit320
    gettinfit320 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Add me to your friends list if you'd like - I have a lot to lose too :)
  • mztoogood2betrue
    mztoogood2betrue Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me I have to lose at least 100 pounds are more
  • lgederos
    Options
    Very inspirational! Thanks
  • brandymandycandy
    Options
    I'm going to add you!

I would like some motivation too. My husband and I got married in 2011, 2 days after I got home from my honeymoon I unexpectedly lost my job at a financial institution. I was very proud of my career and when I lost my job, I lost my identity. I gained about 60 pounds in the year I was off work. I let my depression get the best of me and control my life. I had no motivation to do anything, not even get a job. I am now employeed again with the state of Pennsylvaina and I just want to get my life back on track. My husband and I have been trying for over a year to get pregnant and I'm a believer that my weight gain is the reason I can't get pregnant (since all my fertility tests have come back good). I want to be a healthier wife and mother for my future children.
  • mumofsix
    mumofsix Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am a mother of six.Married. I am 5'7" and 250 lbs, i would like to loose at least 100 lbs.
    Anyone that would like to please add me as a friend :)
  • Guylaine37
    Options
    Hi ladies :)

I joined the website tonight. Will be officially starting "eating better" as soon as I get my grocery shopping done (that's tomorrow or Friday).

I have a little over a hundred pounds to shed and for once in my life, I am SOOOOO ready to do this. I don't know why, this time it just "makes sense" that I lose the weight that I've been "hauling" since I was 6 years old. I am now 37 and can't wait to fit in my mom's clothes! LOLL (Her wardrobe is "TO DIE FOR"!!! She's 56 but wears dresses and stuff I would buy anytime for myself, WOW) :P

I will be putting a picture of myself in the next few days. Tomorrow I'll be taking measurements in inches, weigh in and everything and I'll get my husband to take a few pics of me... front, back, side, etc. Cause I absolutely want a "before and after" kind of album, to stay focused, ya know?

Good luck to all of you (and to me LOL)

If any of you want to add me to their facebook, just ask.
  • Elizabeth_in_MN
    Elizabeth_in_MN Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    What do you all think of starting a new group? I know there are several for people with over 100 pounds to lose, but many of them have been around awhile. It looks like a lot of us are just starting out. (Although I'm not talking about excluding the ones who have been losing already!) I know it's hard to join in with a group that's already established. And some of the groups have several hundred members. That is a bit overwhelming to me!

Let me know what you think. If you like the idea, I'll start it. Suggest names?

Yes please! How about disrobing the beauty? Sorry...I'm not too swift with names.
  • brittneysegel
    Options
    EVERYBODY ADD ME!! :-) I love supporting others and being support by people that have the same goals as me. I just started my journey to being a healthier me on Jan. 5th and I've lost 7lbs so far. I started at 270lbs and would like to get down to 150 one day. I read a lot of comments on here and I also have PCOS, took me over two years to get pregnant with my daughter Addie and would one day like to have another baby. I'm almost 26 so will have to get on that soon but would like to be a healthy mother for my kids. Children learn their eating habits from their parents. My family ate pasta and pizza multiple times a week and my mom managed a Mcdonalds for 10 years of my childhood so needless to say, I didn't have the best eating habits when I was younger. Eating healthier now though is amazing. I actually feel like I'm a work out and calorie counting ADDICT! So if you need a cheerleader, feel free to add me on here and I'll be there for you to cheer you on with every ounce you loose! Keep up the optimism and good spirits ladies, it's a hard change to make but it's totally worth it to be healthy and live a better life!
  • 2TonTussie
    2TonTussie Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    We can do this!!! Go Team 100 Pound Journey!!!!!!!! :drinker: ((water toast))