Seeking accoutability buddies who get it.....

Options
I don't believe in diets- I believe in healthy eating and exercise.
I don't being in being skinny- I want to be fit and healthy- skinny people aren't always healthy
I don't believe in beating myself up- No one ever guilted anyone into good health.
I don't believe in losing weight for an event- Once that event is over, then what?
I don't believe in fads or pills- If there was a magic pill- don't you think Oprah would be all over it?
I don't believe in hating myself- Life is too short and I can only go forward
I don't believe that being overweight is due to laziness- Most of us overweight people have to work on our minds too- it's not just about overeating.
I don't believe in juding others- No matter what my weight is, there will always be someone smaller and bigger, it's about being the healthiest version of ME.
I don't believe exercise is torture - I believe you find something you love and being grateful each morning you wake up that you have a body that can move.
I don't believe in New Years Resolutions- MOst of them are broken by Feb. I do believe in making health and fitness a habit, a lifestyle that I can't live without.
I don't believe in deprivation- I believe I will have a cookie again and if I have one unhealthy meal a week, I can jump back on the train.
I don't believe in all or nothng- If I do eat something unhealthy, I can jump right back on the train THAT VERY MINUTE and move on.

I am looking for friends- I don't care if you're young, old, white, black, hispanic, jewish, christian, gay, straight, trans, rich or poor.

If you are looking for real accountability with someone who has many years of dealing with weight challenges , I am here!!! I am also looking for support.

Replies

• Susie_Reed
    Susie_Reed Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Dang girl - I could have written everything you just said :)
    Let's keep each other on track
  • lindaw66
    lindaw66 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I need accountability! I've been with this site since May of 2011 and I'm exactly the same weight! New year, new beginnings and I need help!
  • merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Great new friends. Did you notice how most people do not respond to this type of posting? Most people want a quick fix. I want a lifelong fix! :)
  • itsSEBRINA
    Options
    hey hey!! i'm starting this new fitness "program" called THE OMA CHALLENGE.. I lost a few inches the first time around..perhaps the same will follow through this time!! Join if you'd like! Here are the specs---->

The Oma Challenge (Jan 2nd-Feb. 2nd)

8 cups of water per day
    7 servings of fruit and veggies per day
    6 days per week get 8 hours of sleep
    5 days of working out per week
    4 non-food “treats” (do something rewarding: buy a new outfit, get a massage, mani/pedi, etc.)
    3 days of heavy weight lifting or body weight lifting per week (Including in the 5 workouts of the week)
    2 15 minutes walks per day (walking at work, walking a dog, walking in place, etc.)
    1 journal entry of the food and beverages consumed and exercise done (if applicable) each day
    0 “white” grains or starches; includes white bread, white potato, white pasta, white rice, white sugar, etc.

YOU CAN DO IT! =)
  • urMFpal
    Options
    Thank you for putting into words the thoughts that have been swimming in my head. I have always carried extra weight, and flab especially around my wist but I have never obsessed about my weight. But since moving to the US 2 years ago, I gained weight and now am having a lot of medical issues. So I am on board. I will lose weight because:
    I miss being able to swim and not feel like my chest is going to explode -- not just because I will look good in a bikini
    I miss being able to sleep uninterrupted by sleep apnea
    I miss having a drink once in a while with friends and not have my liver go toxic

I do not beat myself up if I miss a day of working out, or if I have ice cream on a Saturday night. But I would like to be checked just to keep me motivated.

Thanks!
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Sent you a friend request. Definitely not looking for a quick fix for any particular event. I would like to have another baby and won't do it at this weight, but mostly I just want to be happy, healthy and a good example for my daughter. And I have TONS of great clothes just packed up and waiting for me to be able to wear them again. I know you're supposed to throw out the old stuff but it's seriously almost new stuff. Most of it was only worn 5-12 months when I lost weight before I got pregnant. If I get to my goal weight and the clothes don't fit, then I'll donate them and buy new stuff, but they're here for now. I'm tired all the time and find trouble finding exercise that I enjoy. My ex was a personal trainer so 10 years ago I was always at the gym and loved it. But being out of shape makes working out misery (plus I have a really hard time working out alone.) so I've got to find something to get me started!
  • khoran45
    khoran45 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    GREAT POST!!! I agree with everything you posted and would love some accountability buddies as well. Please feel free to add me!!
  • Weston1973
    Weston1973 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I think you have read my mind. Starting in 2013 I refused to set resolution, I am setting goals.
  • annaliciab
    annaliciab Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You said it all and you've got me so excited to start this journey as well. I too don't want to be on a "diet". I want to make a healthy change in my life and I know the weight loss will follow. Good luck to us all!!!!
  • Applegondi69
    Applegondi69 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Talking about keeping it Real! I am so on the that very same path. I definitely refuse to deal with quick fixes yet billions continue to be spent on them. Natural is always better(safe, no side effects)!
  • DMUND
    DMUND Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    This is what we are talking about!!!! You speak the truth!!! Feel free to add me :happy:
  • trhops
    trhops Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Great post. I am queen of yo yo dieting. Been fat, been thin, been fat again, and then thin again and now overweight again. I could use support and I am here to support also. Feel free to add me!
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I love this post!! It's so true. A healthy lifestyle is something that we should want to obtain, not only to look good but to FEEL good as well. And there is no magic way to get there...it's all through commitment and hard work that we achieve these goals! :)
  • merzback
    Options
    hey hey!! i'm starting this new fitness "program" called THE OMA CHALLENGE.. I lost a few inches the first time around..perhaps the same will follow through this time!! Join if you'd like! Here are the specs---->

The Oma Challenge (Jan 2nd-Feb. 2nd)

8 cups of water per day
    7 servings of fruit and veggies per day
    6 days per week get 8 hours of sleep
    5 days of working out per week
    4 non-food “treats” (do something rewarding: buy a new outfit, get a massage, mani/pedi, etc.)
    3 days of heavy weight lifting or body weight lifting per week (Including in the 5 workouts of the week)
    2 15 minutes walks per day (walking at work, walking a dog, walking in place, etc.)
    1 journal entry of the food and beverages consumed and exercise done (if applicable) each day
    0 “white” grains or starches; includes white bread, white potato, white pasta, white rice, white sugar, etc.

YOU CAN DO IT! =)

Sabrina- wow that sounds awesome but I am not onboard with the never ever again white grains again! sorry just can't do it lol
    - i am going to write this down!

What workouts do you do?
  • shaymikki
    shaymikki Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Love your post! I'm trying to conceive and this has forced me to face the reality that I need a lifestyle change. I eat out all of the time and drink wine all of the time and don't take care of myself. Would love some accountability buddies!
  • laura920
    Options
    I would love to have someone like you for motivation! I really want to make a change for a healthier life, I don't care how long it takes me as long as I am making progress! It didn't take me 3 months to gain this weight, it isn't going to come off that fast either. Sending you a request. Thanks!
  • merzback
    Options
    wow this is great! THanks everyone for writing-
    I have seen so many posts that just downright are sad. people who are still living in a diet mentality and don't get it. I am glad i found others who get it! I will respond to everyone a bit later- I appreciate everyone adding me and responding!

The other thing that saddens me are the people who say their life problems will get better once they lose weight. Life isn't like that. Some problems get better but the truth is-you are still YOU!
  • ladynica
    ladynica Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    You're mind kind of girl. Feel free to add me. The more the merrier so anyone else who would like to add me is welcomed to. (love the list by the way... spot on.)
  • karolynnc411
    karolynnc411 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I really need to be held accountable. Let's do this!
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Lifestyle change for sure! There will be good days and not as good days. Great exercise weeks and awful weeks. Such is life. Its about getting up and doing things even if we don't always feel like it !

GREAT post! :)

I'm making food changes ever so slowly and working out, mainly at home. i'm doing RevAbs right now, focusing on core. I like it, but fall off the wagon sometimes. Finally realized I Have to get up in the AM to do it, even though I prefer PM, but the kids just don't let it happen....... so here's to good changes!!!!

Nancy
    Feel free to add me.