Seeking accoutability buddies who get it.....

Options

Replies

• pandoraw
    pandoraw Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I think your post is so awsome. It's good to see others see things similar to the way I do.
    Thanks
  • Foreveryoung7077
    Options
    Looking for a weight loss buddy to motivate and hold accountable. My short term goal is to lose 30 pounds and my long term is to lose 120 pounds.
  • JodyWoo
    JodyWoo Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm not looking for a quick fix either. This is going to take a long time and I'm doing it for the rest of my life. This is to make sure I develop the habits that keep me in great shape to live a longer, happier life. To have kids and watch them grow up and have kids.

I'm looking for friends who have real lives that can really interfere in the process, but want this for the rest of their lives. I need friends who want to go along on the journey and not judge me because I'm not superwoman.

One of my main goals is to get in great health, so my husband and I can start trying to have kids and I can be the kind of mom I want to be.

Edit: And I also want to meet friends I can support along THEIR journey!
  • dga226
    dga226 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    i am in i hate that my family does not see that i am losing weight and say my sister lost this etc
  • Erica262
    Erica262 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in diets- I believe in healthy eating and exercise.
    I don't being in being skinny- I want to be fit and healthy- skinny people aren't always healthy
    I don't believe in beating myself up- No one ever guilted anyone into good health.
    I don't believe in losing weight for an event- Once that event is over, then what?
    I don't believe in fads or pills- If there was a magic pill- don't you think Oprah would be all over it?
    I don't believe in hating myself- Life is too short and I can only go forward
    I don't believe that being overweight is due to laziness- Most of us overweight people have to work on our minds too- it's not just about overeating.
    I don't believe in juding others- No matter what my weight is, there will always be someone smaller and bigger, it's about being the healthiest version of ME.
    I don't believe exercise is torture - I believe you find something you love and being grateful each morning you wake up that you have a body that can move.
    I don't believe in New Years Resolutions- MOst of them are broken by Feb. I do believe in making health and fitness a habit, a lifestyle that I can't live without.
    I don't believe in deprivation- I believe I will have a cookie again and if I have one unhealthy meal a week, I can jump back on the train.
    I don't believe in all or nothng- If I do eat something unhealthy, I can jump right back on the train THAT VERY MINUTE and move on.

I am looking for friends- I don't care if you're young, old, white, black, hispanic, jewish, christian, gay, straight, trans, rich or poor.

If you are looking for real accountability with someone who has many years of dealing with weight challenges , I am here!!! I am also looking for support.

Ditto... Feel free to add me :)
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I don't being in being skinny- I want to be fit and healthy- skinny people aren't always healthy
    I don't believe in beating myself up- No one ever guilted anyone into good health.
    I don't believe in losing weight for an event- Once that event is over, then what?
    I don't believe in fads or pills- If there was a magic pill- don't you think Oprah would be all over it?
    I don't believe that being overweight is due to laziness- Most of us overweight people have to work on our minds too- it's not just about overeating.
    I don't believe in juding others- No matter what my weight is, there will always be someone smaller and bigger, it's about being the healthiest version of ME.
    I don't believe exercise is torture - I believe you find something you love and being grateful each morning you wake up that you have a body that can move.
    I don't believe in New Years Resolutions- MOst of them are broken by Feb. I do believe in making health and fitness a habit, a lifestyle that I can't live without.
    I don't believe in deprivation- I believe I will have a cookie again and if I have one unhealthy meal a week, I can jump back on the train.
    I don't believe in all or nothng- If I do eat something unhealthy, I can jump right back on the train THAT VERY MINUTE and move on.

I am looking for friends- I don't care if you're young, old, white, black, hispanic, jewish, christian, gay, straight, trans, rich or poor.

If you are looking for real accountability with someone who has many years of dealing with weight challenges , I am here!!! I am also looking for support.

Well said! I totally agree. I have been exercising regularly for years now, with a couple of breaks and lots of weight gain in my 2nd pregnancy. I started back at the gym when my daughter was 8 weeks old and she's 19 months old now and I'm still on it! I've lost 55lbs or so now and I still want to lose another 10-15 and lower my body fat. I know once I reach goal the work will not be done as then I will be maintaining.

I don't diet or deny myself anything.

Feel free to add me.
  • oldernotwiser
    oldernotwiser Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    At last! A voice of sweet reason and common sense. Everything you say completely resonates with me. It is so refreshing to hear somebody speak about indulging in a favorite snack without it being the end of the world. Thank you!
  • heatheremcgee
    heatheremcgee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm ready to dump this gut and butt that keep hanging around... FOR GOOD! I hate that I was pudgy in all my vacation pics from this past fall. I get a chance to re-do that cruise all over again and this time I want to ROCK my bikini! 16 lbs.... let's lose it!
  • cmdeerwalker
    cmdeerwalker Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yup. I'll walk that road with you!
  • Annaduurai
    Annaduurai Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Glad to see someone else gets it :)
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    LOVE THIS. Please add me, one and all!! Let's help each other make a change for the rest of our lives!
  • WorkoutWarrior76
    WorkoutWarrior76 Posts: 179 Member
    Options

I like this! Does this mean I can break my new boozing res by Febuary?
  • jessready
    jessready Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like. I don't really eat clean most of the time, but I stay with in range and get my exersice in.
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Love the sentiment! Sign me up! :)
  • TheNewLeslie
    TheNewLeslie Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Adding myself to the list of folks who are of the same mind and looking for support. Add me, folks!
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options

Good luck to you! It sounds like you've found lots of like-minded folks!

I agree with most of what you said, but disagree with a few. I TOTALLY believe in New Year's resolutions and a zillion other goals. Making them, busting through them, making some more. Even those I don't attain, setting the bar is always helpful for me. I also support all or nothing, it's my personality and works for me. Not that I achieve "all" always, but I certainly strive for it. Sometimes it's "all" for just the next ten minutes... then setting a new goal for the next ten.

Thankfully, we can all have approaches that work for us. I wish you the very best!
  • jesswait
    jesswait Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I love your attitude, feel free to add me.
  • Indyimp
    Indyimp Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I love this! Sending a request :flowerforyou:
  • 1ChubbyMamma
    1ChubbyMamma Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am on Day 1 for the rest of my life! :happy:
    I am praying that with God's help and some accountability buddies, :flowerforyou: that I will overcome this battle!
    I am a sugarholic aka junk food queen and will be needing prayer for my family this week as I go through sugar withdrawls. :wink:

I am excited to have found this FREE site today and am looking forward to meeting new friends! Add me if you'd like... :happy:

(as you can see I'm happy right now...I am hoping that I am still happy tonight and not withdrawling!!!) :happy:
  • lorijean38
    lorijean38 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Today is the first day of my new life .... love to have an accountability buddy!!