Seeking accoutability buddies who get it.....

Options

Replies

• ljb82
    ljb82 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hey! I really like your way of thinking. I'm sending you a friend request. I'd love to have an accountability buddy!
  • mangobadango
    mangobadango Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Just sent a friend request. I agree with all of the original post.

ETA: If anyone else would like an accountability partner with the same views send me a friend request.
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Sent a friend request, def in need of support and love your passion and truth girl!!
  • jessecka1014
    Options
    This is the perfect post for me to have seen today!! I joined this site a while ago and never really did anything with it until 2 weeks or so ago. I have started going to the gym 6 days a week and have been eating very good. I'm in this for the long haul. I know it's going to take time to lose the 110 pounds I need to lose. I would love to have accountability buddies on this site. I think it will be helpful to get feedback from others on what may help me be successful.. The encouragement is also something that will be motivational for me too. I'd love to be buds with anyone.... Feel free to ad me as a friend.
  • starbuckette
    starbuckette Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm with you 100%. I've lost 40lbs and still drink wine and eat the occasional not so healthy meal. Feel free to add me :)
  • ptremonti
    Options
    I would love to be friends and help with the accountability end. I have lost weight with both Weight Watchers and Medical Weight Loss Clinic. Both required weigh-ins which provided the accountability. But I made a promise to myself that I would not spend one more penny on any weight loss programs or food, so MFP is exactly what I was looking for. Having friends to keep you on track is a very important part of the process. Send me a friend request if you agree.
  • conbryant48
    conbryant48 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sounds awesome!!
  • sherbear2678
    sherbear2678 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    love what you said - feel free to add me anyone ;)
  • LisaROGrady
    LisaROGrady Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Add me! I'd be happy to be your friend. I am excited because I finally got an iphone and now have this app on my phone! It will be fun to have fitness pals to share our successes with!! WE CAN DO IT!
  • morielia
    morielia Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me with the knowledge that I get on peoples' cases (in the nicest way possible) about veggies. :)
  • thump418
    thump418 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in diets- I believe in healthy eating and exercise.
    I don't being in being skinny- I want to be fit and healthy- skinny people aren't always healthy
    I don't believe in beating myself up- No one ever guilted anyone into good health.
    I don't believe in losing weight for an event- Once that event is over, then what?
    I don't believe in fads or pills- If there was a magic pill- don't you think Oprah would be all over it?
    I don't believe in hating myself- Life is too short and I can only go forward
    I don't believe that being overweight is due to laziness- Most of us overweight people have to work on our minds too- it's not just about overeating.
    I don't believe in juding others- No matter what my weight is, there will always be someone smaller and bigger, it's about being the healthiest version of ME.
    I don't believe exercise is torture - I believe you find something you love and being grateful each morning you wake up that you have a body that can move.
    I don't believe in New Years Resolutions- MOst of them are broken by Feb. I do believe in making health and fitness a habit, a lifestyle that I can't live without.
    I don't believe in deprivation- I believe I will have a cookie again and if I have one unhealthy meal a week, I can jump back on the train.
    I don't believe in all or nothng- If I do eat something unhealthy, I can jump right back on the train THAT VERY MINUTE and move on.

I am looking for friends- I don't care if you're young, old, white, black, hispanic, jewish, christian, gay, straight, trans, rich or poor.

If you are looking for real accountability with someone who has many years of dealing with weight challenges , I am here!!! I am also looking for support.

this is very well put. I agree with every part of it except for 1.

I will not judge (what you do is what you do), but if you do not log after a couple weeks then the dedication is not there and I will remove you from my friends list.

I do not believe in cheat days, I don't know if that would be considered an all or nothing attitude but??? I will say this, i monitor my calorie intake very closely and do not go over my calorie goal for the day. And like i said above, I do not judge, so others having a cheat day or sneaking in an unhealthy snack and saying "ah it's just this one time" to each their own .. I choose not to do that but do not judge others that do. I know a little long winded but I love MFP and what it and the friends I have found on here have done for me.

with that being said I would love to help keep you accountable and you with me as well

Greg
  • L8dyJ
    L8dyJ Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Very well put..Love the list..I will be happy to share in the journey
  • gimmegimmemoar
    gimmegimmemoar Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me everyone. I love positive people and supporting one another!
  • swat1948
    swat1948 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I've been at this nearly a year, starting mid January last year. I need someone to make me accountable and I will do the same for you if you wish to add me to your friends. I have said all along that this journey is to learn how to eat and live and not just a weight loss fix. I need lots of inspiration and a little push in the right direction. I have some awesome pals on this site that are a big help but I need all the help I can get as I have been losing my focus lately.
  • msnique2
    msnique2 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I would love the support of others as I work towards a complete life style change.

My goal is to:

1. Be healthy
    2. Shed some pounds; I don't have an exact number, 10 lbs would be good, 20 lbs. would be great!
    3. Consistently exercise; making it a routine and daily part of my life
    4. Be content and happy with how I look in my clothes
    5. Say "good bye" to high blood pressure and medication
    6. Eat healthy

I look forward to connecting. :love:
  • merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in diets- I believe in healthy eating and exercise.
    I don't being in being skinny- I want to be fit and healthy- skinny people aren't always healthy
    I don't believe in beating myself up- No one ever guilted anyone into good health.
    I don't believe in losing weight for an event- Once that event is over, then what?
    I don't believe in fads or pills- If there was a magic pill- don't you think Oprah would be all over it?
    I don't believe in hating myself- Life is too short and I can only go forward
    I don't believe that being overweight is due to laziness- Most of us overweight people have to work on our minds too- it's not just about overeating.
    I don't believe in juding others- No matter what my weight is, there will always be someone smaller and bigger, it's about being the healthiest version of ME.
    I don't believe exercise is torture - I believe you find something you love and being grateful each morning you wake up that you have a body that can move.
    I don't believe in New Years Resolutions- MOst of them are broken by Feb. I do believe in making health and fitness a habit, a lifestyle that I can't live without.
    I don't believe in deprivation- I believe I will have a cookie again and if I have one unhealthy meal a week, I can jump back on the train.
    I don't believe in all or nothng- If I do eat something unhealthy, I can jump right back on the train THAT VERY MINUTE and move on.

I am looking for friends- I don't care if you're young, old, white, black, hispanic, jewish, christian, gay, straight, trans, rich or poor.

If you are looking for real accountability with someone who has many years of dealing with weight challenges , I am here!!! I am also looking for support.

this is very well put. I agree with every part of it except for 1.

I will not judge (what you do is what you do), but if you do not log after a couple weeks then the dedication is not there and I will remove you from my friends list.

I do not believe in cheat days, I don't know if that would be considered an all or nothing attitude but??? I will say this, i monitor my calorie intake very closely and do not go over my calorie goal for the day. And like i said above, I do not judge, so others having a cheat day or sneaking in an unhealthy snack and saying "ah it's just this one time" to each their own .. I choose not to do that but do not judge others that do. I know a little long winded but I love MFP and what it and the friends I have found on here have done for me.

with that being said I would love to help keep you accountable and you with me as well

Greg

Hey Greg- I don't call anything a cheat day. I don't feel I need to personally be all or nothing. We all come to this from different angles. For many years I did the all or nothing thing and it didn't work for me at all.
    We can keep each other accountabile! :) thank you to everyone!
  • merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    There are certain words I do not use.
    I do NOT say that I cheated even if I had an unhealthy meal. When thin people have unhealthy meals, no one calls them a cheater, nor do I say I was BAD. If I eat too much I just have to move on right away. Not sit and think I am worthless because of a piece of food.
  • Erin083
    Erin083 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This is amazing and resonates with me completely! Sending you a friend request :)
  • ineedthis4me
    Options
    Great post.
    We can all use more friends to keep us motivated.
  • cjvvus
    cjvvus Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Great post feel free to add me.