I Want Abs!

Options
13»

Replies

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i would like to post this picture up of the Stanley Cup Champions, the LA Kings.

StanleyWETKings.jpg

maybe two of them are lean enough to have six pack abs. and these guys are the champions of their sport. a sport that involves flying across the ice and hitting other men.

so just how important are six pack abs??

*will post link to vic margay site later*
  • michinoel
    Options
    Hahahaha.
    This made my day. XD
    Easy.

tumblr_mbmfbm7VWj1rqdszmo1_500.jpg
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    You guys are giving percentages for males. They are far too low for a female. 17% you * might* see them but it depends on your fat distribution. You may have to go lower. Say 15 percent. It varies from person to person.

Compound exercises are the best for definition of all muscles in my experiences. Squat, deadlift, bench, repeat

^^^^this
  • i would like to post this picture up of the Stanley Cup Champions, the LA Kings.

StanleyWETKings.jpg

maybe two of them are lean enough to have six pack abs. and these guys are the champions of their sport. a sport that involves flying across the ice and hitting other men.

so just how important are six pack abs??

*will post link to vic margay site later*

Abs (and apparently shirts) aren't important at all if you want to win a Stanley Cup.

But they ARE important if she wants to have abs. I can't figure out what one thing has to do with the other? She wants to look in the mirror and see abs. There's just no reason she can't achieve this goal. She's only 24 years old...If she wants abs, she can get them.
  • blackmantis
    blackmantis Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Easy.

tumblr_mbmfbm7VWj1rqdszmo1_500.jpg

You beat me to it. I was looking for this all over the web LMAO!
  • MystikPixie
    MystikPixie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Hip Hop Abs, it's fun and you don't really feel like you're working out, but it does work your core muscles well.

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/hip_hop_abs.do
  • Rum_Runner
    Rum_Runner Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    abs.jpg

I'd say that is only part of the equation. Only eating clean will not produce a 6 pack.
  • Thesoundofwolf
    Thesoundofwolf Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Weight lifting. Yes...I'm serious. As soon as I started that, my abs ripped fairly quickly (see my profile pics).
    I do "The New Rules of Lifting for Women".

GL!

Oh god, best book I've read. Ever.

PUT DOWN THE BARBEI WEIGHTS.
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Weight lifting. Yes...I'm serious. As soon as I started that, my abs ripped fairly quickly (see my profile pics).
    I do "The New Rules of Lifting for Women".

GL!

Oh god, best book I've read. Ever.

PUT DOWN THE BARBEI WEIGHTS.
    OK, I said I wouldn't get it assuming it would take finding a shop that would be willing to ship it halfway across the Earth and pay twice its worth... But then... Kindle edition! :D
  • AyySixPack
    AyySixPack Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    What if you don't have access to a gym to perform these compound movements, what are some alternatives to them using only your bodyweight at home ? Plus how much nd what type of cardio should one do along with the other stuff to get those abs?
    Would regular bodyweight squats do the trick also ?
  • xF7x
    xF7x Posts: 143
    Options
    Call me crazy (I'm sure some of you will), but for abs, I like.....ab exercises. And a calorie deficit. Pretty simple combo IMO.
    That's deep, bro.

Ummmm, thanks. I'm a girl, and I've got 11 years and 2 kids on you...I was just giving my opinion. If you don't want it, that's your choice. Best wishes with whatever you do.

I just came to admire at this gorgeous beautiful WOMAN.. With amazing abs!! Strongmind_strongbody... Sigh

Good luck with ur research.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    At 17% BF you should be seeing some abs. Either your method of calculating body fat is off or your abs muscles are small. Every one says that abs are made in the kitchen which is mostly true. You need to cut body fat to see abs but abs are muscles just like other muscles and can be grown with hypertrophy work and eating enough.

Doing heavy compound lifts does engage your core but you can include some ab isolation lifting afterwards. I recommend some cable crunches and weighted Russian twists around the 10-15 rep range for 3-5 sets. Eat in a small surplus to gain muscle for a few months and then continue to cut body fat to see if there are any gains in muscle size. Continue this process until you see the results you are looking for. I am a male and my abs are visible around 16% and under.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    What if you don't have access to a gym to perform these compound movements, what are some alternatives to them using only your bodyweight at home ? Plus how much nd what type of cardio should one do along with the other stuff to get those abs?
    Would regular bodyweight squats do the trick also ?

Planks
    RKC Planks
    Russian Twists

You can check out You Are Your Own Gym and another book called Convict Conditioning both are programs designed around getting stronger without the use of gym eqipment.
  • nonstopper
    nonstopper Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Abs are made in the Kitchen!!!

Eat Rigth drink water!!

EXERCISES: The BEST)
    Hanging Leg Lifts!, Lay down legs lifts and or with 5lbs weight!. Knees to elbow on pull up bar.

Get a pull up bar and your set for intense abs. You can also work the obliques on there as well!!

This is just a quick tip. Add me and we can chat about it.
    My set goal is to lose as much BF% as possible and be RIPPED and LEAN ;)
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Just an FYI-- that book is mainly variations of deadlifts and squats. It will help you reshape your body to kill that layer of fat currently covering your abs.

And also-- I am 18.7% body fat with abs.

^ You really did a great job on your abs!