people that don't make resolutions

Options
124»

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I don't wait until New Year's to make a resolution. I invoke change when it's needed.

^ This. That is why I didn't make a resolution...I've already had a plan and I've known what I need to do and how to do it. I don't need one specific date to get moving.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    MMMM I love the smell of my own smug brand
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    I don't make resolutions so much as I just like crossing sht off

Sometimes I put things on my list just so I can cross it off!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Know what?

I love new year's resolutions.

I love having a brand new calendar, a brand new deck of 52 to lay down as I choose. I love having a perfect block of time with a nice obvious bookend on either side.

It makes it easier to measure progress consistently - so when I look back - I can see easily what goals I set and achieved each year.

To me, in my chaotic, boundless adventure of a life... that structure holds me in so I dont leak out everywhere and lose all focus.

Some people need to track their food. Some people need an event to train for. Some people need their family to push them. I need 365 fresh days to invest in.

It makes for beautiful organization and fluid progress in my head.
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    If God made me imperfect, then I am perfect ♥
    False. You cannot be perfect if you are imperfect.
    If science made me imperfect, it's to challenge me to fix it and pick up the torch where my genes fail. ♥
    You asked why the Battlestar Gallactica quote was garbage. My reply from an atheism approach was because there is no God.

Not challenging you or anyone on why people should challenge themselves to improve. CA likes using that quote with me and I always reply like that. Kind of like an inside joke that you missed.

how about just stop calling stuff garbage - it feels like you want to argue. no one wants to argue with you

why not happiness :(

what if calling stuff garbage makes her happy?
    to what do YOU measure ones perception of happiness?
  • dalehall64
    dalehall64 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I don't wait until New Year's to make a resolution. I invoke change when it's needed.

This...
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    what if calling stuff garbage makes her happy? to what do YOU measure ones perception of happiness?

Why do I always think of Ouiser when you post about happiness? "I'm pleasant. Damn it"!
  • Jebbster007
    Jebbster007 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I made a resolution on January 1st, 1985 to never again make a New Year's resolution. I have faithfully and perfectly kept that resolution for the past 28 years. If I broke it now.....I wouldn't be able to live with myself....
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    what if calling stuff garbage makes her happy? to what do YOU measure ones perception of happiness?

Why do I always think of Ouiser when you post about happiness? "I'm pleasant. Damn it"!

lmao!!!
    ok my NY resolution is to be way more pleasant DAMMIT!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I made a resolution to not pressure myself by making resolutions for 2013.
  • Ellyabell
    Ellyabell Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I make resolutions all the time, so New Year is not special as to that regard. But I take any excuse as to why I should start something now and not later, so New Year is a nice one to use.
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    It’s like ground hog day, we don’t believe it but we still can’t help but listen for it. I didn’t make a resolution but I added a mile this week to my walk or did I make one lol