Cute but CHEAP workout clothes?

Options
lwagnitz
lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
(Sorry, not really sure where to post this)

But yeah...cute cheap workout clothes? Where are some places you get yours without totally breaking the bank. I'm a broke college student but still wanna look decent.

Replies

• AEFidgets
    AEFidgets Posts: 243
    Options
    Target has a collection of workout clothes, they also carry the Champion line. Otherwise joing either the ****s or Sports Academy rewards programs and use their coupons on stuff. Or try the clearence rack of the afore mentioned stores.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Old navy
  • Suerhv
    Suerhv Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    yep, I'm in Canada and Old Navy has all active wear on sale...last year I got a good deal on some great winter running tops that would have cost a lot more elsewhere... Walmart also has an activewear line, not as good I think, but for the $ worth it
  • BlueLadyBug22
    BlueLadyBug22 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Old Navy has ADORABLE workout clothes for real cheap. I also buy off season, so when walmart, kmart, target etc is coming out with the new seasons gear I buy a few things. I got a pair of track pants, a top for 10 dollars at Walmart.
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    check out your local salvation army or goodwill store if you have either of those. Old Navy is cheap but so is the quality but I still buy it! Target sometimes has good sales... check clearance racks for things you can buy on the cheap now for a different season.
  • Jen800
    Jen800 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I buy it at the thriftstore, LOL. (contrary to popular belief, not ALL thrift stores are disgusting)

honeslty my best advice to you is to invest in a good sports bra if you were genetically gifted :laugh: and the rest you can buy for super cheap at either a thrift store or just get a regular tank top at target. Be careful with shorts because certain materials will rub against you (especially when running) and cause painful rashes on your legs. I just use some that are atheletic shorts made out of a certain material that I found for less than 3 dollars at a thrift store :D they work great.
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Old navy

This. Target is okay for some stuff but Old Navy is really there way to go for work out clothes. Last year I got 2 pair of exercise yoga pants for $20.00 each, a white fleece pull over for $3.00 on clearance, $6.00 gray fleece pullover, and each of the tank tops I got (spaghetti string type but still able to workout in them) I only paid $3.00 a piece. I got a hello kitty tin water bottle which is usually like $20.00 for $5.00 Look for sales too because they tend to have stuff like $10.00 of a $35.00 bill or w/e.
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Options
    I've gotten some of my best stuff at Goodwill and Savers.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    TJ Maxx and Marshalls and Target for their sale workout items. I like to buy their long and lean tanks when those go on sale too. I've bought some workout pants from Walmart that have last me for a while.
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    TJ Maxx had an enormous rack of workout stuff last time I was there a few weeks ago. Cheaper and better than most stuff at Target, too.
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I've gotten some of my best stuff at Goodwill and Savers.

I got a brand new Athleta top at the Salvation Army once!
  • AussieTrainer
    Options
    I went to some fitness stores. Yoga pants for 60 bucks. bras for 45. Little thin black stretchy shorts for 50. Just silly!

I got the best pair of lightweight pants from kmart. They were on sale so I went back and got another pair the next day haha.
  • ctmom1
    ctmom1 Posts: 189
    Options
    TJ maxx/Marshall's or Costco. Right now Costco has some clothes that people swear are the same as Lululemon. You can find them in the stores or even online!
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    At home I do Yoga in my undies - can't get cheaper than that! At Yoga class, I treat myself to some purpose made stuff from Yoga Matters (internet) - a little expensive but long serving. Sometimes you can buy cheaper but end up buyng twice.

- or just work out in your undies!
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Target or JC Penny
  • hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Ditto on the great sports bra.
  • basslinewild
    basslinewild Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    TJ Maxx
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i'm actually surprised at the quality of old navy workout stuff these past few seasons. normally you look at old navy stuff and you get a rip in the seams, much less wash and dry it :laugh:

i'm pretty rough on my stuff, and i've several pants from them that i bought several months ago that are still look OK. no holes, no see through butt etc. in fact the only reason why i'm retiring most of these is because they have gotten too big and no longer compress .

granted i can't speak much about the workout tops since i dont really buy those from ON, but the compression capris and pants are pretty darn good for $25.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I get a lot at Kohls, with their coupons. Old Navy has decent stuff too, and is on sale right now.
  • jacquilockman
    jacquilockman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have found some amazing yoga pants at walmart. I only paid 13 for each of my two pairs that have lasted me for almost two years now. :)