Cute but CHEAP workout clothes?

Options

Replies

• vicarella13
    Options
    JOE FRESH...in Canada...heard they are expanding to the US though.
  • glenna111
    Options
    old navy! if you order online and spend over 50 bucks its free shipping....just sayin. and their stuff is pretty adorable
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    Marshalls, Ross & TJ Maxx.... but, sometimes you have to check different stores. I've noticed that not all stores carry the same types of clothes. If you hit the sales right at the Nike Outlet, you can get really great deals as well. And, it lasts forever.
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Old Navy is currently having a workout clothes sale. $8 sports bras and $15 compression tops.

YES. I'm a little weary of Old Navy but a lot of people are saying really good things. Plus $8 for a sports bra, can't go wrong there.
    [/quote

I can guarantee an $8 sports bra from Old Navy is not going to give you support if you are larger breasted...

You can guarantee that the bra won't work? How can you guarantee that? I'm very chesty, and I buy cheap bras in a size too small and get excellent support. I get the 3 pack at Sam's for 12 bucks... and they work awesome. And they're half the price of the ON ones...
    Ya know, I get all of my stuff at the second hand store....I figure I could use the extra money on food...

Sorry... I can't buy gym clothes second hand. That's too much like getting used underwear to me. NOT happening.

I am not huge breasted but I am a D cup... I have tried "cheaper" sports bras and basically had to wear 3 to keep my breasts from bouncing up and down. I am a runner and do high impact cardio so while they may be okay for walking, weight lifting, very low impact, at least for me and my experience, I needed to buy a more expensive bra (Moving Comfort - $50) to keep my girls under control and be comfortable.
    So I guess if you are flat chested or don't do high impact activities, you may be okay...
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Old Navy, Target, Gordmans

Also, one of my favorite workout pants came off of a wal-mart clearence rack for $2... :D
  • lornaloo3
    lornaloo3 Posts: 102
    Options
    Old Navy. I love their stuff. I buy nothing else there, but their active wear holds up shockingly well. Seriously, I have lived in their yoga pants.
  • horseplaypen
    horseplaypen Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Not sure if it's been mentioned, but I like the wickaway tanks from H&M. A little more than Old Navy at $15 each, but they have cute ruffles and mesh panels incorporated, and I'm a sucker for that stuff.

I also agree that feeling good about your gym clothes can make a difference... last year I just wore baggy sweatpants and old t-shirts to the gym, but this year I specifically chose more form-fitting clothes in nice colours and styles. It's like dressing professionally to go to work... you're just as capable of doing your job in pajamas, but I sometimes feel more confident and like I'm taking it more seriously when I dress the part.
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Old Navy is currently having a workout clothes sale. $8 sports bras and $15 compression tops.

YES. I'm a little weary of Old Navy but a lot of people are saying really good things. Plus $8 for a sports bra, can't go wrong there.
    [/quote

I can guarantee an $8 sports bra from Old Navy is not going to give you support if you are larger breasted...

You can guarantee that the bra won't work? How can you guarantee that? I'm very chesty, and I buy cheap bras in a size too small and get excellent support. I get the 3 pack at Sam's for 12 bucks... and they work awesome. And they're half the price of the ON ones...
    Ya know, I get all of my stuff at the second hand store....I figure I could use the extra money on food...

Sorry... I can't buy gym clothes second hand. That's too much like getting used underwear to me. NOT happening.

I am not huge breasted but I am a D cup... I have tried "cheaper" sports bras and basically had to wear 3 to keep my breasts from bouncing up and down. I am a runner and do high impact cardio so while they may be okay for walking, weight lifting, very low impact, at least for me and my experience, I needed to buy a more expensive bra (Moving Comfort - $50) to keep my girls under control and be comfortable.
    So I guess if you are flat chested or don't do high impact activities, you may be okay...

I'm a D cup, and I've found it's not necessarily how much they cost, but the "style" they are. I need to have a racer back bra basically. I get the ones @ target and they do well. I've found that I get the best support when I wear a padded pushup bra with a sports bra on top.
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options

[/quote

As I said--I'm quite chesty (DD). I am also a runner, and I workout hard (HIIT, sprints, weights). The cheap ones in a size too small are fine for me. I will NOT spend 50.00 on a freaking bra that is going to get sweaty and nasty and need replacing in a short amount of time. No way, no how. Even if I have to use TWO at a time of the 4.00 bras--I can go through wearing them and replacing six times before the one would be paid for. Not even on my worst day.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I look for t shirts, shorts and underwear made of that dri weave fabric, or whatever it's called...the stuff that soaks up sweat. I used to use plain old cotton stuff, but if you don't wash it immediately it will STINK, and then you can't get the odor out. Usually Walmart marks stuff down to five bucks at then of it's run...which is when I buy it.
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Idk if this has been said already but I just joined pvbody and I really like it!!

It's a subscription box that mails you one outfit based on your "style quiz" (you can exchange if you don't like) they mail you one box a month so a top and bottom. The key is the box is only 50/month but the items they give you value between 130 and 150 dollars for the outfit! They're really high quality items for a cheap price! It's a great service. And you can skip any month you want!

pvbody.com

Also I like TJMaxx for cheap workout clothes too
  • walkwithme1
    walkwithme1 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I buy mine at Walmart. Their Danskin pants wash and wear great! I also buy my tank tops that have the bra built in from there. I don't buy my t shirts from Walmart, they always seem to run super small in size. I go to Marshall's or Ross's for those. Oh and air dry them, they tend to last longer.
  • quishajuice
    quishajuice Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Target had tons of workout clothes on sale this past weekend. Also TJ MAxx has cute discounted stuff as well.
  • kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Wal-mart Danskin Now Skorts with matching sports bras/tanks are really cute and cheap (especially now...skorts are on clearance for $3 each).
  • jelr
    jelr Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I love the under armor website, I hit the sales section and use discount codes which you can easily find online. Really great quality workout gear and the price winds up very reasonable.
  • suzzann666
    suzzann666 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    TJMax...just watch out...I once bought a pair of yoga pants there and one leg was a good 6 inches shorter than the other!
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Almost all of my workout clothing comes from Ross. Super cheap name brand stuff. Currently wearing an Addidas sports bra I got from Ross for $6.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    I get great deals at Marshalls/TJ Maxx. Marika yoga pants for $10!
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Idk if this has been said already but I just joined pvbody and I really like it!!

It's a subscription box that mails you one outfit based on your "style quiz" (you can exchange if you don't like) they mail you one box a month so a top and bottom. The key is the box is only 50/month but the items they give you value between 130 and 150 dollars for the outfit! They're really high quality items for a cheap price! It's a great service. And you can skip any month you want!

pvbody.com

Also I like TJMaxx for cheap workout clothes too
    Totally was down for this, but I went to it, and it is 99/month :/
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Walmart and Zellers.

And whoa, what's up with that person against cute workout clothes? What's wrong with wanting to feel cute? I feel like a total bum when I wear my "junkier" workout clothes (Baggy t-shirt, sweatpants, nothing matches). It's just not as fun. I don't like looking like I just rolled out of bed... That's just me though. I've seen people at the gym in pyjama pants.