Can I just say something?

Options

Replies

• EmilyStrick
    Options
    i get what you're saying, but i think...if you got it, flaunt it!!!!!! women work hard to have awesome bodies, and if they want to show it off, more power to them!!! i know i won't ever wear a bikini again...even if i look like a supermodel (which probably won't happen), but that's only because i have a horrible tattoo on my stomach that is a war wound from my f'd up teenage years!!!! :laugh:
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    I would rather see a 2 piece on a fit 45 year old than on a flabby 20 year old, but that is just my opinion.

Hahaha...Amen from the congregation
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Okay I don't mean to offend anyone so I hope I dont get any hate messages lol just my opinion. BUT I think that you are like over the age of like...35...If you have an awesome body than that is GREAT good for you. Like I hope that when I get to that age that I look good. But I personally thing that once your at a certain age no matter HOW good you look...I think women should wear a one piece bathing suit instead of 2 pieces. I dunno. I tell my own mother this too. I just feel that it looks like your trying to hard to look young. They make very cute and sexy one pieces now.

Thats just my opinion. I hate seeing celebrities that are older wear 2 pieces.

oh god I really hope i dont get hate messages.

LOL!! How about you revisit this idea when you're like... 35.
    There's alot of people that some of might rather not wear a bikini at ages much younger than that. How about a 9 year old, for example? No hate here - just another perspective to consider.

LOL.
    I was going to say something similar to what ^^^ said.
    When you are older, you might feel differently.
    My personal issue that I'll receive hate mail for -- I hate seeing mothers in skimpy bikinis.
    (Mothers on the beach, at the pool with their children present.)
    Bikinis are sexy. To me, Mom + Kids should not = Sex Appeal.
    *shrugs* We are all entitled to our own opinions.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    Well..... I have to say, seeing Jennifer Aniston in a bikini and then comparing it to say.... the chick that plays precious.... you make the call, I have seen women in their 30's and beyond that that could blow a 20 year old, including myself, away..... age is just a number, to be so judgmental is very closed minded, I don't know, just my opinion....
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I went through my 20's unable to wear a 2 piece because first I was pregnant - then I was fat. You can bet your bottom dollar that now that I'm 35 - when I get to my goal weight... I'll be wearing a 2 piece... because I CAN. There are a lot of 40 year olds out there with bodies to die for - I'd rather see them in a bikini than some of the younger people. Just my opinion. I do believe however - that we all need to dress in a becoming manner... I'll be in a bikini - but not a string bikini! LOL!
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    How about you revisit this idea when you're like... 35.

Haha! Uh... yup!

I look much better in a bikini now (30) than I did at 24 and at 35 I plan to look even better. There are ways to look classy and ways to look skanky at any age and I don't think it's a matter of bikini or one-piece.

*Edit* to say that my first reaction upon reading this wasn't anger just "Oh, isn't that adorable." Similar to when I was looking for 55 year-old women for an experiment and some of my undergraduate students suggested (completely sincerely) that I go check local nursing homes. I laughed the rest of the day.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,057 Member
    Options
    pick_me.gif

I'd be really happy if men didn't wear any-size-bathing-attire that became SEE THROUGH when wet. :gaak::noway:

...while we're on the subject....
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    pick_me.gif

I'd be really happy if men didn't wear any-size-bathing-attire that became SEE THROUGH when wet. :gaak::noway:

I second that!
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Nancy O'Dell from Access Hollwood turned 44 today. And believe me, she can pull of a bikini like no 21 year old.

I still wear 2 pieces at 46. Not the skimpy stringy kind, but age approriate ones.

Like other say, better to wear a two piece as a fit 35 (really? 35? lol) year old than an overweight 21 year old.

And you say "like" a lot. Your age shows in your writing style.
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    Not hate mail, but I think you'll find that most things in life that you feel the "older" people shouldnt do....well, when YOU get there..you'll feel entirely different about it. Just a thought.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,057 Member
    Options
    pick_me.gif

I second that!

or - - that allowed too much - - um - - "up-view"
  • Kristen81
    Kristen81 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    35 is pretty young...I think most 35 year olds with a nice body can pull it off without looking "old". I somewhat agree with this if your 50 maybe. But really, if you have a nice body and feel comfortable in a two peice, go for it! Now if youre wearing a string bikini, then thats yuck, and that goes for any age!
    Like someone else said...if your children are with you, please try to cover it up some!
  • kelli_panzera
    Options
    Okay I don't mean to offend anyone so I hope I dont get any hate messages lol just my opinion. BUT I think that you are like over the age of like...35...If you have an awesome body than that is GREAT good for you. Like I hope that when I get to that age that I look good. But I personally thing that once your at a certain age no matter HOW good you look...I think women should wear a one piece bathing suit instead of 2 pieces. I dunno. I tell my own mother this too. I just feel that it looks like your trying to hard to look young. They make very cute and sexy one pieces now.

Thats just my opinion. I hate seeing celebrities that are older wear 2 pieces.

oh god I really hope i dont get hate messages.

Wow. I agree with many of the other "elderly" women around my age. I would rather see a great 30's to 40's bod in a bikini, than the body of a young woman in a bikini with the inner tube around the middle just showing it off because she has it. And hasn't a clue what to do with it, LMAO!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    HEy, I say, IF YOU GOT IT, FLUANT IT!! :laugh: But, if you are droopy and saggy... spare the rest of the world the nightmare :bigsmile:

Indeed!
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Oops. I totaly agree with the above post. Havent you ever watched the house wives of OC? :laugh:

Yeah! I agree with that - If I look amazing when I'm that age of course I'm going to rock a bikini! I've seen some 60 year olds that look fantastic and they still rock them! :wink:
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I think its just the utility also (that might not be the right word) of a bikini for someone who is older is just not practical.

I don't think it should be an age issue more than it should be a kidssss issue.

Sorry, I don't care if you are 23 or 53 if you have babies you are chasing after at the pool/beach you don't need to be wearing something skimmpy physically RUNNING around chasing after your kids.

I have seen WAYYY too many swimsuit malfunctions due to tugging toddlers.
  • sazziecee
    Options
    I am 29, a mum of 2 and wore a bikini last summer, as I am planning to get to my goal weight this year and then maintain it forever (unless I have another baby inbetween lol) then I would imagine that when I hit 35 then YES I will be wearing a bikini.

I have a large chest, tankini's and one-piece swimsuits totally flatten my boobs and I just look big all over. At least in a bikini you can see that there is a gap between my chest and my tummy!

I have no plans to be wearing a triangle bikini top with my boobs hanging out of the sides and a g-string bottom-half, just a nice underwired supportive bikini top and some boy-leg bikini pants.

Why not?

I have some stretch marks and will probably always have a little "baby pooch" but I am not embarrassed to show my body, and like someone else said it's better than seeing a flabby 20 year old,letting it all hang out!
  • ambersfrog
    Options
    Wow, I def don't agree with that! I am only 27 and hoping to be able to rock the the 2 piece very soon but I know that when I am out and see an "older" woman wearing one, and wearing it well, my first thought is " you go girl! ".
    I very much don't think that age should be a deciding factor for who should wear one as much as how you look in the thing!
    I will say though that as great as it is that some people feel comfortable enough with themselves to wear them in public, if you have anything that is not tight and in its place, we don't want to see it!
    Like I said, I'm only 27 but I do remember a time when I thought 30 was old and probably would have had this same point of view! I'm sure your opinion will change in a couple of years :)
  • Gogo
    Gogo Posts: 9,942 Member
    Options
    I have to disagree. If you've got the body for it, then feel free. That goes for any women. I think the message needs to get out that two piece bathing suits are a privilege not a right.

I agree!! I am not quite 35 yet, but almost...and I still wear a bikini! I work hard on keeping myself in shape and I'm too proud of all the hard work that I put in to cover it up! It shouldn't matter what your age is, but what your body looks like. If you've got it, flaunt it!
  • Vallandingham
    Options
    Looks like a subject that many people "weighed in" on. Looks like the general consensus is "Live and Let Live."
    I like it.
    I like it a lot.
This discussion has been closed.