Can I just say something?

Options

Replies

• Rev_no_Boosh
    Options
    If you look good in it and feel good then rock it....there are a couple of older women on here in bikinis that look absolutely amazing for their age...

I agree...or for any age.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I had to laugh...

Sounds like my teenage daughter, who thinks I should look and act frumpy, sedate, solomn and dowdy. I'm not allowed to make her/her friends laugh, wear anything sexy or in style, or do anything adventurous/exciting/unusual. I don't know anything, have never heard any good music, and no cute/good looking guys should EVER look at me (her ok, not mom though ugh!). I am SUCH an embarrassment to her (with my humor, burgundy hair, boots, bikinis, piercings, alternative music, and adventures such as sky diving) :laugh: :bigsmile: :huh: :tongue:

Ah well. One can only hope she enjoys HER life as much as I do when she's as ancient and doddering as me.
  • vonalj
    vonalj Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    HAHA! I agree!!!
  • clheide
    clheide Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    uh, yeah...

i'm 36 (37 this summer) and for the first time in my adult life, i totally plan on rocking a 2-piece! i was never happy with my body before when i was "young" enough...but i have worked really hard and will be at goal weight by this summer...so BRING ON THE SWIM SUIT SEASON, BABY! :wink:

besides, from some of the swim suits i have seen, there are actually 2 pc suits out there with better coverage than the 1 pc suits. totally aiming to find something that i am comfortable in and that i actually LOOK GOOD in.

and as it's been said here already, i've seen plenty of young "girls" wearing stuff they look absolutely horrible in with junk hanging out all over the place. i think at any age or size, you should have the smarts to dress your body in a flattering way.
  • sheltieroger
    sheltieroger Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I guess with swimwear and all clothing on the more revealing side, the following mantra should come to mind for people of all ages....just because it 'fits' doesn't mean you should wear it. If your body is defying all laws of physics and gravity and exceeding maximum load for a scrap of fabric, perhaps the garment should be left on a rack.
    Just my geriatric opinion
    :tongue: Beth
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Although this woman doesn't appear to be 35, and she may have the right.... uh.... "body shape"... to wear it, I do NOT approve of her wearing a bikini!!!

tanning_wrinkled.jpg

Hope a couple of you get a laugh outta that!!
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    hmmm.... I'd have to say I'd rather see an 80 year old lady in a bikini than ANY age man in a speedo...
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Stormieweather and sheltieroger you totally crack me up! Those were great. *still chuckling, thinking about my 14 y.o. daughter*
  • Vallandingham
    Options
    hmmm.... I'd have to say I'd rather see an 80 year old lady in a bikini than ANY age man in a speedo...

SNAP!!!
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Although this woman doesn't appear to be 35, and she may have the right.... uh.... "body shape"... to wear it, I do NOT approve of her wearing a bikini!!!

tanning_wrinkled.jpg

:sick: Guess she had one too many sessions in the tanning bed...:sick:
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    Well the great thing about being in your thirties is you could care less what a 20 year year old thinks of you in your bikini! :laugh: I will wear whatever I damn well please as long as I'm alive and having fun and I don't care what anyone else says.
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Wearing what you want is an expression of who you are. Freedom of expression. Why I do understand what you're getting at, I don't think it's an age issue. There are some 60 year olds that look way better than I do/will at 25. If people are comfortable in their own skin, then why not let them wear what they want? It may make us feel uncomfortable, but we can always look away.
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options

tanning_wrinkled.jpg

:sick: I think I threw up in my mouth a little bit!!!
  • csingleton24
    csingleton24 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'll be 34 in May...my profile pic is from this year (age 33) with my son...I plan on wearing a bikini when I am 35 and beyond.
  • csingleton24
    csingleton24 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Well the great thing about being in your thirties is you could care less what a 20 year year old thinks of you in your bikini! :laugh: I will wear whatever I damn well please as long as I'm alive and having fun and I don't care what anyone else says.

That's GREAT!! I LOVE it!!! :smile:
  • GraceKelly
    GraceKelly Posts: 7,378
    Options
    pick_me.gif

I'd be really happy if men didn't wear any-size-bathing-attire that became SEE THROUGH when wet. :gaak::noway:

...while we're on the subject....

I would rather not see men in teeny tiny speedos! Any man, fit, flabby, young,oldninja.gif
  • PanicAtTheBuffet
    Options

tanning_wrinkled.jpg

I was wondering why she was wearing a leather jacket at the beach.
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    ALL good points!!! :)
  • ican♥and♥iwill
    ican♥and♥iwill Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Wow.

I hope when I'm 35 I'm down to an appropriate weight to wear a two piece. I see nothing wrong with it. If at 35 my body allows me to do so, you better believe I WILL! I don't care what YOU or anyone for that matter thinks. I've worked hard to get where I am now, and if I push myself that much further to be in a bikini, then screw you and your opinions.
  • robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    35 is the new 25 so I say LIVE IT UP. If someone has enough self confidence to wear a 2 piece bathing suit, then I think you should wear it. After all, isn't it how the inner self feels thats most important? Being healthy and fit is important as well!! Besides, I have seen younger women wearing a 2 piece that probably do not look the best in the world either, but I have to give them props for trying!!:wink: I personally do not think 35 is such a bad age, especially since I am about to turn 36 in July. In fact I think I look better than ever...so if you ladies out there wear a 2 piece - then I think U ROCK!!:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.