Can I just say something?

Options

Replies

• Gogo
    Gogo Posts: 9,942 Member
    Options
    I don't got it and I am still going to flaunt it! I am hitting 30 this weekend and I don't feel too old for anything. I am getting ready to go to Jamaica in April for my honeymoon and my future hubby wants me to wear something fun for him to look at. Who am I to disappoint? If you don't like it, look at something else. Me and my margaritas won't give a crap.

You are awesome!
  • Stormluver
    Stormluver Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is my first post on here after reading many many posts and this one just struck a nerve in me. I am a 50 yr old women who is maybe 10lbs over the weight chart and I wear a bikini or a 2 piece bathing suit. And I dont' look too bad either. I tan in the summer so I like to wear a bikini and don't feel I'm too old to be wearing one. I remember when Valerie Bertinelli was just starting her diet and she said women in their 40's should not wear a bikini but then when she lost all the weight she posed in an ad with a bikini on and she looked damn good. So her opinion obviously changed after she lost her weight. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but this ole gal will be wearing a bikini come this summer and I won't be worrying about any 20 something thinking I shouldn't. Ok I'm done for now. :)
  • dujennifer
    dujennifer Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I only need two people to think I am hot....my fiance and myself. The rest of the world's opinion is irrelevent in my book. No one's perfect. I could be supermodel skinny and miserable or be a bit chubby, active and have one heck of a good time with the life god gave me. I chose the latter.
  • Rev_no_Boosh
    Options
    I only need two people to think I am hot....my fiance and myself. The rest of the world's opinion is irrelevent in my book. No one's perfect. I could be supermodel skinny and miserable or be a bit chubby, active and have one heck of a good time with the life god gave me. I chose the latter.

True story!! You just have to be comfortable in your own skin.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,082 Member
    Options
    At 20, you care a lot what people think of you.

At 40, you don't care one bit what people think of you.

At 60, you realize they weren't even thinking about you.

(from me, 55 and in a one-piece cuz I hate it when I lose either the top OR the bottom diving off the boat.....though it does lead to good stories and pictures)
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,717 Member
    Options
    To the OP and to the person who made the remark about tattoos... I have some REALLY simple advice for you. If you don't think bikinis are okay on people over 35 years old, then DON'T WEAR THEM. If you don't think tattoos are a good choice for young women... THEN DON'T GET THEM. Leave the rest of us the hell alone.

You don't have to attack the OP. It's her opinion. I don't compleatly agree with her but I understand why she's saying what she said. People who are out of shape or wear a XL just shouldn't wear bikinis. ...
    I still think it comes down to personal choice, and as long as all the naughty bits are covered, it's really nobody's business what someone else wears.
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    I feel if a person feels confident, no matter what shape, size or AGE, they should have the right to wear what ever kind of bathing suit they want. We should not have to care what other people think. If someone does not like what they see they should not look! It is as simple as that. I guess I just see things different because I was obese most of my life and had to deal with everyone elses opinions of me. I am to the point where now if you have time to worry about what I look like you need a hobby. I don't see why people think they have a right to say who can and can't wear certain things.
  • cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    Options
    And....eApps.....if you even come back and read all this mess.
    Could you please post stuff like this in the correct forum. this has nothing to do with advice, help or questions about fitness and exercise!
  • sandy429
    sandy429 Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    This thread is hilarious. I will say that I'm almost 38 & have a 6yo & 3yo. I rocked a bikini last summer, and I'll rock it again this one too!! Not without my SPF 50 though!! :bigsmile:
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    Like did you seriously like really post this and like totally offend every woman over the age of like 35? lol
    ___

I'll never be able to wear a bikini, but, believe me, if I could, I would. When I see a 35+ celeb like Jennifer Aniston in a bikini, I'm not thinking, "she has no business wearing that", I'm thinking, "I hate her because she looks too good".

What I hate is how some young people think the world belongs to them, and that once you're 30, life is over. :happy: I'll be a kid 'til I die- guaranteed.

I am only 25 but I totally agree!!!!!!! I spent most of life obese and overweight so I don't care what age I am if I think I look good and I am healthy the worlds opinions don't matter one bit.
  • sprags
    sprags Posts: 56
    Options

LOOOOOVE this. Good job :glasses:
  • usmcwifeb15
    usmcwifeb15 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with, "if you've got it then flaunt it" no matter what age you are. I am 25 and a mother of two and I'm sorry but when I l lose the rest of this weight I am all up for the MILF status.
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    I don't got it and I am still going to flaunt it! I am hitting 30 this weekend and I don't feel too old for anything. I am getting ready to go to Jamaica in April for my honeymoon and my future hubby wants me to wear something fun for him to look at. Who am I to disappoint? If you don't like it, look at something else. Me and my margaritas won't give a crap.

You go girl!
  • junipuni
    junipuni Posts: 264 Member
    Options

You don't have to attack the OP. It's her opinion. I don't compleatly agree with her but I understand why she's saying what she said. People who are out of shape or wear a XL just shouldn't wear bikinis. I wear a one piece due to the fact that my entire stomach is covered in stretchmarks and I don't want anyone to have to endure that. Plus- the sun and I don't get along...I love being pale...and I need to cover the tats (tats don't like the sun either).

Except that she didn't address this to people "who are out of shape or wear a XL" - she made a blanket statement referring to older women - you know those ripe old women of 35. Seriously, I find it more humorous than anything but like others I would love to see how her opinion changes when she *is* 35. GASP! If she makes it to old age. ;)
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Ya know this whole thread reminds me of years ago. My mother was a heavy woman and had just turned 50. She and several of her friends had started walking every morning. They'd be out there in there spandex shorts, their tee shirts and tennis shoes, listening to their walkmans and strutting down the street. One of my smartmouthed friends saw the line of 4 or 5 of them walking down the street and said... "women that age shouldn't wear spandex". I looked at him and said... "And someone who's 19 should be able to out-walk a 50 year old, overweight woman - but I'll bet you can't!" It's easy to be petty and mean when we look at someone and make the decision that "they shouldn't be wearing that". But the truth is... you don't know that persons story.

I know a woman who goes to our pool who wears a bikini - not just a two piece... a BIKINI. I'll bet that she weighs 220-240 lbs. Does it look good? Nope. Know why she wears it? Because 4 years ago she weighed close to 500 lbs and her doctor told her that if she didn't do something about her weight - she'd die. She promised herself that she'd lose the weight and if she ever got to a small enough size that she could find a bikini to fit her - she would. Who the heck am I to judge HER? She is at the pool with her kids every day during the summer - because when she was at her heaviest she never took her kids to the pool out of embarassment. Her kids didn't care that she was fat - they just wanted her with them. Now she goes to the pool, wears the bikini and she STRUTS!

Just some food for thought
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    Ya know this whole thread reminds me of years ago. My mother was a heavy woman and had just turned 50. She and several of her friends had started walking every morning. They'd be out there in there spandex shorts, their tee shirts and tennis shoes, listening to their walkmans and strutting down the street. One of my smartmouthed friends saw the line of 4 or 5 of them walking down the street and said... "women that age shouldn't wear spandex". I looked at him and said... "And someone who's 19 should be able to out-walk a 50 year old, overweight woman - but I'll bet you can't!" It's easy to be petty and mean when we look at someone and make the decision that "they shouldn't be wearing that". But the truth is... you don't know that persons story.

I know a woman who goes to our pool who wears a bikini - not just a two piece... a BIKINI. I'll bet that she weighs 220-240 lbs. Does it look good? Nope. Know why she wears it? Because 4 years ago she weighed close to 500 lbs and her doctor told her that if she didn't do something about her weight - she'd die. She promised herself that she'd lose the weight and if she ever got to a small enough size that she could find a bikini to fit her - she would. Who the heck am I to judge HER? She is at the pool with her kids every day during the summer - because when she was at her heaviest she never took her kids to the pool out of embarassment. Her kids didn't care that she was fat - they just wanted her with them. Now she goes to the pool, wears the bikini and she STRUTS!

That is an AWESOME story!
  • BamaRose0107
    Options

That is an AWESOME story!

That is an awsome story!!!!!!!!! It honestly gave me goose bumps.
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    :drinker:
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Do you know how tempted I was to "quote" the picture again - just because?! :devil:
    LMAO, so was I...

No no no, children!!! tsk tsk
    Hypnotic.gif

LMAO!!!!!!!!!! PR after the day I've had I really really needed that laugh :drinker:
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options

Thank you for sharing and putting things into perspective. We don't know people's stories and what gives us the right to judge?

Not even sure why someone thought it was necessary to start this topic!
  • sheri3762
    Options
    I'm 48 next week and If I could wear one, you can bet I'd do it!! Of course, even WHEN I do get down to my goal weight, to many surgeries are gonna prevent it anyway. Like everyone said, you will probably feel diffferently about this when you get to an older age. Age is just a number, its what we feel on the inside that counts to each of us individually! Heck, these days, I feel like I just turned 21!!!!lol
This discussion has been closed.