25 TO LIFE!

Options
jenbar
jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
(I know it sounds like a jail sentence)
But that's what I've felt like. Like I have been trapped under this 25+ pounds and am ready to GET OUT!
And then there's the other meaning...
25 to LIFE! Getting my life back!

Join me in losing the 25+ pounds! I started at 194 on Jan. 2nd and have lost 20 pounds so far. Now at 174 I would love to lose 30 pounds more by July.

Come join me! We can all just log in our weights on Mondays, and put our measurements in on the first of every month. We can chat, share our life changing issues, tips and exercises. We could also perhaps, give a goal for each week, like making sure we drink all 8+ glasses of water for the first week, do 50 crunches each day for the next week, and so on. We can all give inputs and add to it!

Jennifer 174.

Replies

• jenbar
    Options
    (I know it sounds like a jail sentence)
    But that's what I've felt like. Like I have been trapped under this 25+ pounds and am ready to GET OUT!
    And then there's the other meaning...
    25 to LIFE! Getting my life back!

Join me in losing the 25+ pounds! I started at 194 on Jan. 2nd and have lost 20 pounds so far. Now at 174 I would love to lose 30 pounds more by July.

Come join me! We can all just log in our weights on Mondays, and put our measurements in on the first of every month. We can chat, share our life changing issues, tips and exercises. We could also perhaps, give a goal for each week, like making sure we drink all 8+ glasses of water for the first week, do 50 crunches each day for the next week, and so on. We can all give inputs and add to it!

Jennifer 174.
  • weightlossinprogress
    weightlossinprogress Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!

My current weight is 194.6lbs and would love to lose 25lbs by June 10th (2lbs/wk).

Mini goals:
    May 4th - family gathering - 181lbs
    May 18th - my sons communion - 178lbs

My fitness goal this week is to do the elliptical every day for 10mins, burning min 150 calaries and a brisk 30 minute walk everyday.

My nutritional goal is to avoid as many carbs as possible and increase my fruits/vegetables.

Thanks for the great challenge - Good luck everyone this week!
    Patricia
  • kerridwen
    kerridwen Posts: 165
    Options
    Great idea!

That sounds like an excellent plan.

I started a few weeks ago (maybe almost a month?) at 190 and I'm down to 185. :D I can't exercise for another monrth or so due to an injury and surgery, but I'm really keeping to the calorie counter!

I like the goal idea - I'm going to go with increasing my water because that has to be my worst habit.

I'll see what I can do about the measuring tape! :D
  • RunningRatty
    Options
    I have 25lbs to loose, lost 11 so far.

I am struggling now as my divorce case has got nasty and I am stressed, and have a house to be in shape as it is now listed to be sold. I am burning calories with housework rather than the treadmill.

I am slacking. :noway:

I am 146.2lbs right now and would like to be 143 by end of March

:happy:
  • RunningRatty
    Options
    Oh and end of March is a mini goal!, my overall goal is 124 by my bitrthday, July 12th.
  • jenbar
    Options
    You can do it! Don't get distressed! We'll be here for you!
    You can totally do 3 pounds in 2 weeks!
    Jennifer
  • jenbar
    Options
    Let's start by getting that water in daily! I have a BIG jug (2 quarts (8 cups)) that I fill in the morning and try to do that plus another half or more by the end of the day. I pack it with lots of ice cubes so it stays cold throughout the day. (colder water boosts metabolism too!)
  • kerridwen
    Options
    Great tip!!
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I have been slowly losing weight since my sons birth. I have lost 27 lbs since Dec 06. I wasn't really trying too hard the last part of last year. I started with renewed motivation in January at 210. I have 33 that I would like to lose by August 1. I am currently 198. My waist is 33.5"

I am normally really bad at drinking water, but I have drank my eight glasses for 8 days in a row now!!
  • jenbar
    Options
    Okay 25 to lifers! Make sure you get all your water in today and for the rest of the week! In addition, squeeze in 2 sets of 25 crunches, maybe 1 set regular and 1 set reverse (where you're bringing your butt and legs up while crunching (to conquer those lower abs))
  • tiangelah
    tiangelah Posts: 144
    Options
    I would join but I been trying to loose weight for 2 months and I have not lost crap. So I dont want to commit when my body will not. Trust me I am not eating over my calories and I am working out big time.
  • jenbar
    Options
    Bumpin' up! How is everyone doing?
    I hope to lose 2-3 this week. Really gotta shed some pounds! Worked out hard this morning. Gotta go log everything in!
    We can do it!!!!!!!!!!!
  • proudmama0118
    Options
    I am down to 197.25 I would REALLY like to be 195 next week. Keeping my fingers crossed. I really wish it would stop raining so I could run outside. :grumble: I really want to be 185 by the end of April... but I am never gonna make that goal if I don't step it up.

today it was to rainy to run outside so i ran 1.11 miles on treadmill, did 20 minutes on the elliptical, and 20 minutes strength training just have to do my crunches now!

Hope everyone had a great day.
  • pdxmomof2
    pdxmomof2 Posts: 643
    Options
    I would love to join in on the challenge! I started 2 weeks ago. I have not lost weight but know why so I am still motivated and feel like I am on the right path. I am starting this challenge at 204 pounds. We go to the beach every year for the 4th of july. I would love to loose 32 pounds and be down to 172. I have not been that low in 5 years (since before getting pregnant with my youngest).

I dont have a problem with the water but the crunches are another story completely. I am up for the challenge. It is great to have the support!

Good luck to everyone!
    :tongue:
  • proudmama0118
    Options
    Welcome to the challenge! We are here for you. Just think how great your abs will look in the swimsuit on 4th of July if you do all the crunches!!
  • jenbar
    Options
    Proudmama! great job, 1 pound. You can 2 more by next week! Step it up! That's what I'm doing since I finally saw the scale move!

Apseeley,
    Welcome! I want to lose 30 pounds by July too:smile: , our summer vacation is June 28-July 5th and my sister in laws wedding is July 12th (also my 20 year reunion is around the same time and the "ex" hs boyfriend:tongue: is coming!) and I need to look darn good! Let's do it together. We're all here for each other. Do as many crunches as you can! I do them while watching tv. They go by really fast. Not total sit ups, yikes... who can do those?

Jennifer
  • kerridwen
    Options
    I would join but I been trying to loose weight for 2 months and I have not lost crap. So I dont want to commit when my body will not. Trust me I am not eating over my calories and I am working out big time.

Are you not seeing changes on the scale but maybe possibly in tone/inches?

I actually tend to gain a lot of weight when I start working out (running, weights anything) because I put on a muscle mass very easily. That said, I still burn the fat off and find that the results are quite nice, they just take a little longer.

Don't get discouraged! You sound pretty committed!
  • fitladyfawkes
    fitladyfawkes Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    25 pounds gone!
    Starting weight: 194
    Weight Goal for July: 165
    Mini goals: ten pounds a month (maybe a little high, but it makes me work harder!)
  • jenbar
    Options
    welcome~ I'm so excited for us all!
    This is the first time where after around 18 pounds or so, that I haven't given up or just "forgot" how to eat. I think I finally realized that this is a LIFE change and has to be done everyday for the rest of my life. Yes, there will be days where I may slip, and feel guilty, but I get right back to it!
    I really see a difference in my stomach. (which is big, and most likely will always be) I had 10 & 11 pounds babies and they stretched me to the hilt which in turn gave me HUGE stretch marks., but I have noticed how much my stomach has gone down. I also feel some muscles in my butt (hehe) It was starting to get a little too mushy for my liking for a while there!
  • tiangelah
    tiangelah Posts: 144
    Options

Are you not seeing changes on the scale but maybe possibly in tone/inches?

I actually tend to gain a lot of weight when I start working out (running, weights anything) because I put on a muscle mass very easily. That said, I still burn the fat off and find that the results are quite nice, they just take a little longer.

Don't get discouraged! You sound pretty committed!
    I dont know what the heck I gain. I just know my body fat is 37% and I weigh 145. For two months my weight has not changed at all. I lost an inch off my waist and 2 inches off my thighs.
    I hid my scale up under my bathroom counter yesterday lol.