"Just break up already"

Options

Replies

• llaurenmarie
    llaurenmarie Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I find that if you don't let yourself be sad, you won't be.

Sad Song? Change it
    Love Movie? Turn on Rambo
    And don't confide in McDonald's....
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    3 minutes. I hear kittens help too.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Either way you try to minimize it and move on, because if anything you should be angry that you allowed this other person to waste your time when you could have found something more meaningful \m/
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Depends on the relationship, and the individuals involved in it. I don't think there is a "designated time period". What is "time" for one relationship and individual, may not be for another.
  • llaurenmarie
    Options
    Even if you're blind-sided by a breakup, you need to realize something was NOT right about it, and remind yourself constantly.
  • Vansy
    Vansy Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I think it varies for everybody and for every relationship.
  • llaurenmarie
    Options
    Either way you try to minimize it and move on, because if anything you should be angry that you allowed this other person to waste your time when you could have found something more meaningful \m/
    eff yes. this.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry. I really couldn't answer this question. I have a tendency to stay much longer than I should. I always seem to want it to work out even when I know it's not going to. I really need to work on that.
  • llaurenmarie
    Options
    3 minutes. I hear kittens help too.
    Can I substitute with puppies?
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    In before Just break up girl.

Dani, you're famous!
  • llaurenmarie
    Options
    I'm sorry. I really couldn't answer this question. I have a tendency to stay much longer than I should. I always seem to want it to work out even when I know it's not going to. I really need to work on that.
    2013 Resolution? (:
  • pinkgumdrop123
    pinkgumdrop123 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I wasted 3 years of my life on somebody who wasn't worth a day. Luckily once I decided to leave I didn't spend another second dwelling on it!

yup! only difference is I wasted 4.5 years
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Life is too short to dwell is misery and unhappiness for any reason - you can never get that time back, and all too soon there's no more left.
  • lglg11
    lglg11 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    As much time as it takes each individual to drop all the emotional baggage that comes with a relationship break up .
    For some people that may be a day, or a month . For others it might take a year .

Its no fun being the new person , bringing all good positive things to a new relationship , only to have a bunch of emotional baggage dumped on you and you are expected to carry it around .
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Exactly. You just need to grow to hate the very sight of the person first :)

I've been married 25 years and I think about 2 years ago is when I got to this spot. Still with him as roommates though-- can't afford a lawyer and can't afford to live without his income. ..and well he's got nowhere else to go so it's a matter of convenience. When you get to be our ages sometimes that's as good as it gets.

I'm jealous of all you young people that can change things and get out and find the "right" one.

There is hope. My mum was in a very similar situation with my biological contributor. She did get out eventually. It wasn't easy, but she eventually remarried, they started a business together and have a really excellent life now. Things will always get better if you don't give up.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    If you can imagine the rest of your life feeling how youve felt over the last year......if its good then great if not then move on.
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options

Yep
  • llaurenmarie
    Options
    What's REALLY annoying is people trying to tell you you're not over it when you know you are ... :grumble:
  • steph124ny
    steph124ny Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I met my current husband in passing when I came home to visit family while contemplating what to do about husband #1. It was an awful relationship and I was young and stupid...but I had 2 kids to consider and I lived 6 states away. My current husband is a contractor and was doing work on my best friend's house. It was nothing more than a "Nice to meet you" type of situation, but we both ended up having a little crush on the other. When I made the decision to move home about 4 months later, I almost immediately started dating Jim. Everyone thought I was insane to jump into something new so quickly. But they are eating their words now as we celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary this year. He's the one and I would have been crazy to let him get away due to some arbitrary "time frame" imposed by outsiders who knew nothing about how bad my first marriage was.
  • llaurenmarie
    Options
    Exactly. You just need to grow to hate the very sight of the person first :)

I've been married 25 years and I think about 2 years ago is when I got to this spot. Still with him as roommates though-- can't afford a lawyer and can't afford to live without his income. ..and well he's got nowhere else to go so it's a matter of convenience. When you get to be our ages sometimes that's as good as it gets.

I'm jealous of all you young people that can change things and get out and find the "right" one.

There is hope. My mum was in a very similar situation with my biological contributor. She did get out eventually. It wasn't easy, but she eventually remarried, they started a business together and have a really excellent life now. Things will always get better if you don't give up.
    Finally a happy ending!