Females in their 20's...Over 200lbs...wanting motivation!

Options

Replies

• wondergirl1003
    wondergirl1003 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I'm 28 weighing in at 204 as of this morning. Last night, I decided to recommit to logging into MFP everyday. I've been on for a couple of years now and have never really reached out for support, but my motivation is quick to fade and, more than anything, I want to finally finish what I've started. I'm the queen of quitting even when I'm seeing progress.

Good luck to everyone, this is a time in our lives when we come into our own as women. Let's do it with bodies we are proud of! Feel free to add me.
  • reedamanda
    Options
    i am the biggest ive ever been. im 22 5 foot 3 and 240 pounds. its emberrasing to say but i know i need to do something. please feel free to add me as a friend! and thank you for the motivation
  • TERATINEKA
    Options
    if you think about how we eat freely we have been responsible for our health. although i have been heavy my whole life. i know that i can lose the weight but can see how genetics impact it. i just want to be comfortable and not get any surgeries. these pills assist but are not really good for our bodies-either way they require a change in mindset and habits. it is so expensive making this transition but i also want my children to follow so i have to lead by example. this fast food is a KILLER, esp if you dont watch it. EVERYONE-PLEASE BE ENCOURAGED. this site is great and super convenient. if you get a little off track, just become more active. at least you can see whats harmful to eat! also please support my book, if you knew better you would do better (by teratineka thomas) for encouragement..lets get cute-R.xo....tera:smile::smile:
  • reedamanda
    Options
    wow girl you have come such a long way i would love it if you would add me as a friend i could really use the motivation! im 22 5"3' and 240 right now.
  • QueenJaneRoughly
    Options
    My highest weight was 215 in 2005, just before I turned 20. I've managed to keep off all ~100 lbs. since then so I've been in maintenance since about 2007. I know how hard it is to lose that much and how daunting it seems at the beginning.
  • andreasoulcastle
    andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! My name is Andrea, I live in Mass, I am 26 years old, and the heaviest I have ever reached was 263. I am currently at 248 lbs right now and am setting a goal of trying to get to 200 by my birthday which is in June!! Let's do this!

How is everyone working on reaching their weight loss goals??

Drea
  • kristizzzle
    Options
    I'm at 215 right now, but I promise it won't be for long!

So go ahead and add me if you want, however, just know, I won't hang out with you in the 200's soon enough.

:)
  • sweetsarahv
    sweetsarahv Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    So excited to stumble across this! I'm 207 and can't wait to get to the 100's!!!

Feel free to add me, people! WE CAN DO THIS!
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I'm nearly 23 and when I first started MFP I was around the 216 range. Now I'm down to 194 and going steadily down. c: IT WAS REALLY EXCITING.
  • eckabad
    eckabad Posts: 49
    Options
    I'm 22 and weighed in at 255.4 this morning. :( I've lost before, but then slowly started slipping at thanksgiving, and never got on track agian. Now I am almost back to where I started! :( I'm wanted to get down to no more then 225 by the end of the year (my birthday in may would be even better!) I need motivation for the exercising part of getting in shape. :)
  • andreasoulcastle
    andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Hey all, did this group move? Or did it just stop posting????

Question: What are my fellow 20 ( and fabs) all doing to stay a little healthier this 2013? I am going to try to focus on portion size, healthier grains, more vegetables at each meal and NOT eating after 8pm That is a big one for me. I am also not a fairly active person so I would like to start of light and work my way up in terms of exercise which is more then last year.

Drea
  • amyj000
    amyj000 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I started at 206 and am currently at 200.6....so close! I'm working my butt off so this Saturday I can finally be under 200 pounds.

Add me for motivation!
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    So according to my BMI # I am severely overweight and have 135+ pounds to lose! I'm 5'4'' and they expect me to weigh 100 pounds? That's nuts! It's a goal, sure, but me, 100 pounds?

I need motivation. So PLEASE add me! I need that extra 'push' to lose the weight I want to lose before my wedding!

you don't have your BMI correctly. I am about the same and my normal BMI high range is about 110 -141. IN 2007 I was 220 ish and lost weight with diet and exercise you can do it!
  • Gracerrr
    Gracerrr Posts: 141
    Options
    24 years old. Working on my weight loss goal of 100lbs!
    Edit: Anyone, feel free to add me :)
  • schenzy
    schenzy Posts: 19
    Options
    I'm 25 and have been on here for a little over a month.
    SW: 220
    CW: 207
    GW: 160

Feel free to add me. I would love to help motivate/support and will gladly accept support in return :)
  • kristinlc88
    kristinlc88 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm 24, 5'9" and have been here for a little less than a month
    SW:243
    CW:235
    GW:160

Anyone can feel free to add me, the more support the better!
  • folieeadeuxx
    folieeadeuxx Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I hit the scale at 215 lbs. I'm 18. I know its for 20 and over but I'm 2 years shy. Is that okay? :) Its really cool that we ladies stick together and motivate and support each other.
  • AngelWings0609
    AngelWings0609 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm 25 in the 200+ still new to MFP, logging in daily. I'm here to give and recieve help, support, and encouragement!
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    22 and currently 229.1. Started at 240.
  • lulubell076
    Options
    hey everyone im 24 and weigh 210 and am looking for loose 70 pounds....i just started using mfp 2 days ago and so far i love it and would love some friends. add me if you would like.