DATE WITH TOM

Options
Ok, so my TOM is still about 8 days away (March 6th)...and I'm cranky, and tired, and argumentative...and it seems like a lot of people are feeling this way the past few days?

AND I WANT TO EAT EVERYTHING IN SIGHT AS WELL AS EVERYTHING I CAN IMAGINE!!!

Is it just me or do we all seem to have the same DATE with TOM???

Replies

• SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. TOM's going to be paying me a visit on Saturday:sad: Time to breakout the pants with the elastic waistband.....again:grumble:
  • rkascak
    rkascak Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    If your living in a house with a bunch of girls then you might have the same "cycle"
    When I went to camp last year, one girl brought TOM with her and all the other girls got TOM, I even got it and was not even close to my time.
    When I lived with my to sisters and mother, it seemed to be that we all had it around the same time.
    I dont know why it happens. but it does

:smile:
  • mrsbeck
    mrsbeck Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm past TOM for now...just cranky, ill-tempered and impatient by nature.

Some days I just feel like arguing with people...but I do try to keep it civil, if nice isn't attainable that day. :wink:
  • karmasBFF
    karmasBFF Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    If your living in a house with a bunch of girls then you might have the same "cycle"
    When I went to camp last year, one girl brought TOM with her and all the other girls got TOM, I even got it and was not even close to my time.
    When I lived with my to sisters and mother, it seemed to be that we all had it around the same time.
    I dont know why it happens. but it does

:smile:
    Im the only girl in my house! LOL

But I was more referring to my fellow MFPers as we all seem to be struggling a little more this week. :sad:
  • Sunsh1ne
    Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    One thing that's helped me a little (besides living on hormonal bc) is changing my calorie balance to allow more carbs and fats during TOM's visit. Turns out that carbohydrates and fats help release endorphins so that you feel better. And my mom's advice of a glass of red wine doesn't hurt, either. :laugh: as long as I take it with dark chocolate.
  • mama22girlz
    Options
    Haha were all in sink it seams and can suffer together. Although after having two kids sometimes mine is a little off. :( I too want to eat everything, especially salty things, and I'm not always hungry, I just want to eat. UGG
  • ANGELAWHALEY
    Options
    One thing that's helped me a little (besides living on hormonal bc) is changing my calorie balance to allow more carbs and fats during TOM's visit. Turns out that carbohydrates and fats help release endorphins so that you feel better. And my mom's advice of a glass of red wine doesn't hurt, either. :laugh: as long as I take it with dark chocolate.

YUP, YUP & YUP! MAY I SUGGEST GHIRDELLI DARK CHOC SQUARES - 60% ANYTHING HIGHER TASTES REALLY BITTER.
    THEY ARE LOW IN CALORIE AND SUPER DELISH. THEY KEEP ME FROM BINGING ON A BOX OF BROWNIES! TRY INCLUDING SOME WHOLE WHEAT PASTA WITH HEATHY SAUSE AND GROUND TURKEY INSTEAD OF BEEF. OHHH AND IF YOU ARE CRAVING CHINESE AS I DO AROUND TOM FOR SOME REASON TRY PANDA EXPRESS BOWL WITH BEEF AND BROCCOLI AND CHOWMEIN ONLY ABOUT 500 CALORIES....INSTEAD OF 2000 FOR ORANGE CHICKEN LOL!

HOPE THIS HELPS!! I KNOW I STRUUGLE WITH TOM TOO!
  • rlsluvr
    rlsluvr Posts: 130
    Options
    Well I just finished with TOM, SO you all are MORE than welcome to have at it....
  • cmurphy04722
    Options
    TOM and I have a deal. Four times a year and only 3 days at a time....but those 3 days involve vomit, hyperventilating and going into shock, fainting, and generally wanting to die.

Hence, 4 times a year! :-) And not every 3-day hell is THAT bad...sometimes it's just the vomiting. Either way, I can't make it to work and sure won't be eating.
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    LOL...I was just going to post a topic like this today. TOM paid me a visit half way though work today and I am craving everything and still hungry even after eating my normal meal.

Anybody have solutions for cravings that can keep me somewhat on track with my diet?

I am cramping, feel bloated, fat, disgusting...hungry, and generally just don't want to move. So guess what? Turns out today will be my day off from all exercise this week.

UGH!!!
  • MSPENCE
    Options
    Well.... TOM is not allowed in my house for a LONG time. I have been dealing with TOM for almost a full month now and IT'S TIME FOR HIM TO LEAVE. Issues!!!!! My husband and I have been planning a mini vacay, we leave in 25 day and TOM is not coming with us!!!!!! My goal was to be 20# lighter by the time we left and TOM has interferred with that. Im only down 6#!!!! I am very happy with that 6 but I know with TOM gone I should do much better. Today is day 1 without TOM, and I DON'T MISS HIM A BIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • pianoteacherevan
    pianoteacherevan Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Who the heck is Tom? Why does everyone seem so pissed at him?
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • karmasBFF
    Options

:sad: :laugh: :sad: :laugh:
  • pianoteacherevan
    pianoteacherevan Posts: 55 Member
    Options

Am I missing something here?
  • karmasBFF
    Options

Think we should tell him girls??? Think he REALLY wants to know???
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options

:laugh: :smile: :laugh: :smile: :laugh: :smile: :laugh:
  • karmasBFF
    Options
    Ok, I just feel bad for him...poor guy!

TOM is TIME OF the MONTH...T.O.M...LOL
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Tom is an evil jerk... we do not like him. He stalks us every month about the same time until we hit middle age... figure it out yet?
  • tasha30
    tasha30 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Mine just past, but I promise you I DID feel HUNGRIER than ever, and I had NO energy, I didn't even weigh in :huh: . Im so glad its over, back to BUSINESS!!