DATE WITH TOM

Options

Replies

• 2723obriens
    Options
    LOL I recently just went off BC after a fe years. This is only the second TOM has visited sinec teh lovely days of BC. I decided to give my body a rest for a while from all the hormones. I'm a nurse and recently took care of a few patients with fibroids caused from too many different hormones....likely BC. So ladies....be careful....but enjoy the cramp free days. Tom has returned this week with a vengence. I have had the worst cramps and bloating I ever remember. Also, I have been moody as all hell and feel as though I am hemmoraging.....crazy. Maybe it is the over body awareness we all have........ :) I'm excited to see teh scale on Tuesday!
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Okay, Whatever "BC" is I NEED some in my Life! :laugh: What is it? :flowerforyou:

I have the longest PMS recorded :sad: I would rather have 3 days of "Hell" than 15 days of PMS... :cry:
  • pinkhockymom
    pinkhockymom Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm past TOM for now...just cranky, ill-tempered and impatient by nature.

Some days I just feel like arguing with people...but I do try to keep it civil, if nice isn't attainable that day. :wink:

Are you sure we are not siblings separated at birth!!! I am the same way 90% of the time!!!
  • Sunsh1ne
    Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Okay, Whatever "BC" is I NEED some in my Life! :laugh: What is it? :flowerforyou:

I have the longest PMS recorded :sad: I would rather have 3 days of "Hell" than 15 days of PMS... :cry:

Birth control. And I hear you on the PMS - my doctor diagnosed me with PMDD because mine was so severe, it was like I had bipolar for a week leading up to my period. And then when it came, it didn't matter if I had bipolar or not because I had cramps so bad, I couldn't stand up for two days, and then I was tired and anemic until it ended up to seven days after the cramps. And if I hung out with girls on a different cycle, I would sometimes have two in a month... and there's my whole month, down the toilet. I went on hormonal birth control three years ago and haven't looked back, it's been great for me. No more mood swings, no more cramps, and "hell" only lasts 3-5 days.
  • 8turboturtle8
    8turboturtle8 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    The subject of this thread should be TOM AND BOB!!! 2 men; 1 girl; never a threesome!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

That is fantastic!!!! I needed that laugh today!
  • Callmefia
    Options

Birth control. And I hear you on the PMS - my doctor diagnosed me with PMDD because mine was so severe, it was like I had bipolar for a week leading up to my period. And then when it came, it didn't matter if I had bipolar or not because I had cramps so bad, I couldn't stand up for two days, and then I was tired and anemic until it ended up to seven days after the cramps. And if I hung out with girls on a different cycle, I would sometimes have two in a month... and there's my whole month, down the toilet. I went on hormonal birth control three years ago and haven't looked back, it's been great for me. No more mood swings, no more cramps, and "hell" only lasts 3-5 days.

Birth Contorl and Zoloft. Best combo ever! LOL. I went off BC for a month and it was the worst visit from TOM ever. Now I stay on it faithfully and I started Zoloft this year for PMDD. I was starting to get unbearable. You know, those days when you realize you are being a total B**** but you can't control it? Or is that just me? ;) We are hoping its just seasonal... here in NE Ohio we get about 5 hours of sunlight for half the year... I started to get very down during the winter this year and much more moody when TOM came.

Zoloft is also known to be an anti-depressant that DOESN'T make you gain weight. The first few weeks I had no appetite (for the first time in my life). I couldn't eat half a sandwich for lunch without feeling like I had to purge. Adjusted now just fine but it sure helped me drop some weight those first few weeks!

Don't forget to drink lots and lots of water for the bloating and cramps. I never knew until recently that pop/caffeine can irritate that more than anything, so NO SODA ladies!
  • mrsbeck
    mrsbeck Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm past TOM for now...just cranky, ill-tempered and impatient by nature.

Some days I just feel like arguing with people...but I do try to keep it civil, if nice isn't attainable that day. :wink:

Are you sure we are not siblings separated at birth!!! I am the same way 90% of the time!!!

It's possible...my mother is a secretive person!:laugh:

On my blog, my tagline is "Slightly depressed and kinda irritated since 1975." :tongue:
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options

Birth Contorl and Zoloft. Best combo ever! LOL. I went off BC for a month and it was the worst visit from TOM ever. Now I stay on it faithfully and I started Zoloft this year for PMDD. I was starting to get unbearable. You know, those days when you realize you are being a total B**** but you can't control it? Or is that just me? ;) We are hoping its just seasonal... here in NE Ohio we get about 5 hours of sunlight for half the year... I started to get very down during the winter this year and much more moody when TOM came.

Zoloft is also known to be an anti-depressant that DOESN'T make you gain weight. The first few weeks I had no appetite (for the first time in my life). I couldn't eat half a sandwich for lunch without feeling like I had to purge. Adjusted now just fine but it sure helped me drop some weight those first few weeks!

Don't forget to drink lots and lots of water for the bloating and cramps. I never knew until recently that pop/caffeine can irritate that more than anything, so NO SODA ladies!

Thanks for this girls :flowerforyou:

Unfortunately, I was also diagnosed with suffering from PMDD and was prescribed Prozac or Zoloft (can't remember which)... by the time I figured it was the Meds I had gained 30 lbs in about 3 - 4 months.. I was FAT and MAD :huh: So i stopped taking them and decided to give this "lifestyle change" a try. Although the exercise has helped to minimize the intensity, I still PMS for at least 10 days :cry: The difference now is when I feel SAD, I can look in the Mirror and Say "Dam, Girl! You are HAWT" :bigsmile: I did it The RIGHT WAY and it was all for MYSELF :happy:
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Ok, so my TOM is still about 8 days away (March 6th)...and I'm cranky, and tired, and argumentative...and it seems like a lot of people are feeling this way the past few days?

AND I WANT TO EAT EVERYTHING IN SIGHT AS WELL AS EVERYTHING I CAN IMAGINE!!!

Is it just me or do we all seem to have the same DATE with TOM???

oh my word...can you even imagine what MFP would be like if we all had the TOM at the exact same time?:laugh: Yikes- I'd have to steer clear of the message boards for like 5 days a month!! We'd all be PMSing about somethin..haha!!

During my TOM I have crazy dreams about food I know I shouldn't have--- Giant-size bag of Peanut Butter M&Ms, milkshake the size of an oatmeal can, chocolate caramel kisses falling from the sky like rain drops....and then I wake up with a headache and even more irritable that all those yummy treats are just dreams... Okay, now that I'm thinking about and craving all that junk I gotta go eat my orange...:bigsmile:
  • Sunsh1ne
    Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    You know, those days when you realize you are being a total B**** but you can't control it? Or is that just me?

Nope, not just you. When I PMS I feel like a runaway train, and anyone who tries to talks to me lies down on the tracks melodrama-style.
  • Callmefia
    Options
    You know, those days when you realize you are being a total B**** but you can't control it? Or is that just me?

Nope, not just you. When I PMS I feel like a runaway train, and anyone who tries to talks to me lies down on the tracks melodrama-style.

I tell my guy friends and my boyfriend all of the time, that we know we are being ridiculous, but we can't help it. Its hormones. :explode:
    I hate those days though, but atleast I realize I'm being nasty and can apologize for it. The crazy thing is that I know I'm being over-the top bratty from the outside looking in, but I can't stop it!!! argh! Luckily those days have reduced majorly because of the Zoloft! ha! :happy:

When I told my mom I was on Zoloft she said "I thought you were being nicer!"
    :blushing: :laugh: :explode: >> didn't know which one to be!

WOW! Is that sad or what?!
  • porterbaby38
    Options
    speaking of TOM, the terrible devil pay me visit, while i was exercising. since i can't have BOB paying me a visit, that's sad.
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options

We are hoping its just seasonal... here in NE Ohio we get about 5 hours of sunlight for half the year... I started to get very down during the winter this year and much more moody when TOM came.

where in NE Ohio are you? I'm right there with you, I get sooooo depressed during the winter, months of nothing but grey skies... yuck!
  • Callmefia
    Options
    where in NE Ohio are you? I'm right there with you, I get sooooo depressed during the winter, months of nothing but grey skies... yuck!

I sent you a msg/friend req since I don't like to be too specific!

My dad told me that they built the old arsenal in Ravenna back in the day because NE Ohio is one of the cloudiest locations in the US, so it couldn't be spotted easily by spies etc... (I think it was put there for the World Wars? Not sure which one or both?)
    I <3 living here but that IS depressing! It really sucks, especially when you drive to work as the sun is rising and driving home as the sun is setting. You never really get to see it except on the weekends.
  • StaceG1986
    Options
    Mine has made an appearance today!! :sad: All I want to do is eat and I have stomach ache :frown:
  • JennyVirginia
    Options
    I feel your pain!! I too read that eating more carbs & fats helps so I tried it actually has helped - and not bad fats as in junk food. I also find that working out vigorously helps a lot (especially for those of us who want to eat everything in sight)- I did a cycling class today and just rode the heck out of that bike - lol. Also strawberries help - my doctor told me about that so I eat lots of strawberries and it actually has helped. Also chug that water - it will help curb those cravings and you can always grab a stick of gum. Hang in there!!!
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I'm not looking forward to TOM in about 10 years (2 daughters...)
    Right now, yeah, she's a b!tch, but I can deal with her - dealing with her with two emotional girls in the house - by gawd, there will be lots of medication in this house.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Ok, I just feel bad for him...poor guy!

TOM is TIME OF the MONTH...T.O.M...LOL

Just don't tell him about B.O.B.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :blushing:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Imagine my poor Hubby....

last week-my TOM, daughters TOM, AND both dogs are in heat....it was a MAD HOUSE here!
  • karmasBFF
    karmasBFF Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM I HATE TOM UGH!