Any healthy ground beef recipes??

Options
1235»

Replies

• truddy6647
    truddy6647 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    as long as you buy 90-97% lean your good that has as much if not fewer calories then turkey and provides nutrients that the turkeys doesn't (or very little of) i make a chili but the only canned item i use is a can of tomato paste or sauce (depends on what i have hand) i add 3 cans of beans, 2-3 chopped tomatoes, 2-4 Anaheim chilies, 2-4 plablano chilies (bell peppers will make a sweet chili), a whole white onion, some garlic, 2-3 jalapenos, then cumin, chili powder to taste and just a dash or two of salt. stick in in a slow cooker while i am at work i come home to yummy and healthy

there is a 5cal difference between extra lean turkey burger and extra lean sirlion burger....I looked it up
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Keema.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Saute garlic and chopped onions, brown the beef.. add some arab 7 spice. Spread some hummus on a plate and pour the beef over the hummus OMG, the yumminess of it all.

BTW, I use grass fed local beef that is about 95% lean. The beef guy is awesome and always grinds it fresh for me. Ground beef =/= unhealthy.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Next time try turkey instead of beef.. A lot healthier! Enjoy!

Eww! Turkey is horrible all ground up! There's not enough fat to make it work.
    You are clearly making the wrong recipes then. I have a ton of AMAZING ground turkey recipes with a ton of flavor.

No, it's the lack of fat. Even roasted turkey needs gravy on it.
  • kimmeyjo
    kimmeyjo Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I use 96/4 ground beef. It is alot lower in calories and fat. It is a drier meat, but if you use it in a recipe with other ingredients then you don't even notice. You can try left over taco meat, spaghetti meat, and any other left over hamburger meat and try it on a bun with 2% cheese. It is quite yummy and you save money by useing the leftovers and most important is it is fast.