Replies

• penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    What a ****!
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Let management know they have lost your business because of this idiot's treatment. That is not the way to motivate or help people.
  • L_Stradford
    L_Stradford Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    That's terrible. Did he just work there or actually owned the gym? I bet his boss would have a fit if he knew what he was saying to potential customers.

What an awful attitude!

Louise

No, he doesn't own the gym. But he commented that the other three people who were supposed to be there that morning called out. He was rather dilly if you catch my drift! Just running off at the mouth with his off the wall conversation topics while he walked us around the gym.
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Sometimes people are sooooo (i don't want to say stupid but yanno ) that I think that I am secretly being video taped for some type of show. What you described would be one of those times.
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Honestly... I would probably not only complain to management... but also if they had a corporate office complain to them... then blog or facebook about exactly which gym it was and who the guys' name was at the front desk so that no one would go to him... I have zero tolerance for rude customer service people.
  • marathon_mama
    marathon_mama Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    horrifying indeed. I'm sorry that happened to you.
  • em435
    em435 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I would complain to management there.

I called to ask for management after my friend and I left. I got a voicemail. I did leave a message but also seriously thinking about writing a letter to corporate office.

^do it! Heck, you might even get a freebie out of it!
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I would complain to management there.

I called to ask for management after my friend and I left. I got a voicemail. I did leave a message but also seriously thinking about writing a letter to corporate office.

I would complain to corporate and post a bad review on Yelp or on their Facebook page.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Good grief! I wonder who stuffed the cockle-burr up his butt. I'd try to find out who owns the club and write a letter of complaint. That guy doesn't deserve his job.
  • Rogue_Minx
    Rogue_Minx Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I say it's a fake story. No one hires employees like that to promote their business. Please.
  • denisedwrt
    denisedwrt Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I used to be a personal trainer and I have NEVER worked with anyone who would act like that! If anyone at any of the gyms where I had worked had done this, they would have been fired right away. Seriously, do the gym a huge favor and tell the manager what happened (hopefully it is not him). :mad:
  • oshmom
    oshmom Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    You may never get a call back. I would walk back in and TALK to the management, with a copy of a letter in hand to corporate, and ask to bring in the "trainer" when you speak to the manager.
  • Breeli0519
    Breeli0519 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I would DEFINITELY report him to his supervisor! Regardless of his personal feelings about the potential someone has for success based solely on appearance (which in and of itself makes him a giant DB!), you just don't say things like that to people!

And if he owns the place, I would wager a bet that he'll be out of business before too long!

What a jerk! I'm sorry that happened to you. Now go find a gym that meets your needs with caring, motivating professionals and once you reach your goal weight, look that guy up and tell him to <blank> off!!
  • L_Stradford
    L_Stradford Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    That's terrible, not sure what gym this was, but If it was me I'd contact someone above this db's head. I've never had that happen, but there was a story on tv not too long ago about how some gyms charge heavier people more for memberships and personal training.

There's so many great gym's out there or alternatively classes I hope you find something that fits your needs:)

Horrible thing is that it's a gym associated with my work place. There are 6 annexes to the gym so that's rather small. But I was just very turned off by this guy's attitude and pretty intimidated after that because I'm just thinking "Is that what all trainers feel about overweight people!?!"
  • lovemykids58
    lovemykids58 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Complain to the manager just so they know what that dumb@$$ said. THE GYM IS NOT JUST FOR SKINNY PEOPLE! How does he think people get in shape anyways- Ugh I wish you could punch people and get away with it sometimes lol :wink:
  • salcha76
    salcha76 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Seriously? is this a chain? email everyone.....or call....you could have been potentially a success story for the gym & the trainer! Instead of welcoming you they literally pushed you out the door! Awful!
    Keep your chin up & move on.....tsk......what a pathetic excuse for a trainer!
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    At least you know where NOT to go now :)
  • 1stday13
    1stday13 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Hello :explode:
    Is it a major chain? Write/ call/ email or all of those to corporate and really let them know how appalled you are at that type of treatment. Make sure and let them know you will be letting everyone you know NOT to step foot in that place!!!! If it is local, find out who owner is and do not be shy in telling him the unacceptable treatment you got.
    Whatever you do,just do something.
    Good Luck
  • crystalrose1234
    Options
    what a jackhole!!! i can't believe he said that to you!! i dont go the gym anymore because all i ever see are skinny folks there preening in front of the mirror so that dosnt help much either but i cant understand why people are allowed to treat people that are trying thier hardest to lose weight and need extra help like that!! thats unreal!!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    prove him wrong.