Freaking Girl Scout Cookies

Options

Replies

• aisser
    aisser Posts: 232
    Options
    Thin Mints and Carmel Delights are my favorite. I have to watch because I could eat the hole box before I know it.:sick:
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    I had 5 last night with my kids...2 tagalongs and 3 samoas....dang they were worth it tho
  • cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I love the Samoas...they are by far my favorite. Luckily I haven't seen any Girl Scouts at the stores so I haven't been tempted. Its easier to ignore or say no when someone at work posts the sign up sheet. If I did have them I would be doing horribly. With the Samoas I just can't stop.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    Thin Mints--frozen!

the best. ever. i swear these things should be controlled by the DEA they are so addictive... thank God they're only around once a year!
  • AlannaPie
    AlannaPie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    DON"T EVEN GET ME STARTED! Ruined my calories for the day lol
  • Sweetie_Pie92
    Sweetie_Pie92 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Oh god, I was a girl scout a 7 years or so. My house was always filled with those freakin' cookies. My dad brought home a box last week...and it just made me gag! Lol.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Oh god, I was a girl scout a 7 years or so. My house was always filled with those freakin' cookies. My dad brought home a box last week...and it just made me gag! Lol.

Really? I did it for 10 years AND my mom was the troop leader and I still can't say no to those yummy little delicious things!

Shockingly I haven't seen ANY girlscouts outside of stores at all this cookie season. Someone must be watching out for my waist line.
  • boccpio
    boccpio Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Samoas are the best!! I bought a box, but gave them to my boss.
  • aisser
    Options
    I've been lucky so for haven't run into anyone selling them but I know when I do I will buy some then eat them there goes my calories no room for food.:explode: :explode: :explode: :explode:
  • aisser
    Options
    I've been lucky so for haven't run into anyone selling them but I know when I do I will buy some then eat them there goes my calories no room for food.:explode: :explode: :explode: :explode:
  • tavander
    tavander Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, the mint ones. I am soooooo glad i'm not in the states right now where they would be available. Whew!
  • natspoiledbrat
    Options
    The freakin Samoas are my favorite. I did so good this year and turned down every single person who asked if I wanted to buy any. And then today hit..........I had a major sweet tooth today at work and ran into someone who had extra samoas. Of course I didn't have any cash, so I had to write a check, but I didn't want to write a check for only $3.50 so I got two freaking boxes! I tried to give all of my students a cookie when they turned in their tests and half of them turned me down! Those little jerks.............who turns down samoas????????? So now I am stuck with 1 1/2 boxes! Needless to say I had no will power and I ate 6 of them. I never overindulge like that and totally screwed myself today.................I am a former Brownie though, so I guess I don't feel that bad about it.
  • delanaalford
    Options
    I was a Girl Scout to and yes the cookies are Great. You don't have to tell them no. Just buy the Cookies and Tell the Girl (or Girls) That they can eat them. They are delighted and, you are saved the extra pounds.
  • Sweetie_Pie92
    Sweetie_Pie92 Posts: 314 Member
    Options

Really? I did it for 10 years AND my mom was the troop leader and I still can't say no to those yummy little delicious things!

Shockingly I haven't seen ANY girlscouts outside of stores at all this cookie season. Someone must be watching out for my waist line.

Really! I don't know, just having eaten so many....I mean we froze them and had them all year long. It just makes me a bit queasy thinking about it XD
  • kalmf
    kalmf Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I buy them but don't take them. They drop them off at the food bank. Win-Win-Win.
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    My favs are samoas (caramel deLites), tagalongs (PB patties), and Thinmints....all in that order
  • margie_77
    margie_77 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the girl scout mom in my group of friends is going to be at belly dancing class tonight.. I'm going to try to ignore the cookie talk! ahhaha
  • DrumlineGirl
    DrumlineGirl Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I bought 4 boxes of them before the diet started and they came in over the weekend. I've been good about only eating one a day.

My favs are somoas (caramel delights). They are SOO addictive, I could literally eat the whole box in one sitting, but of course I won't! I also love Lemonades, mmmmmmmm.

I never liked the thin mints for some reason.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I used to lead a Girl Scout troop and my other daughter was in a different one. Knowing how little money the troop actually gets (portions of it go to other areas of the GS organization) I tend to donate the cash and tell them to give the cookies to the food bank if they want. That way I support them but don't support my fat cells. :wink:
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    They're BaaAaaaack too. A girl at my gym had her preorder table set up last weekend. AT THE GYM!
    I about died.