Is a thigh gap possible?

Options

Replies

• sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    These threads are constant here on MFP and they're usually started by the younger girls. Let me give you one guy's perspective - forget about the thigh gap. It requires you to have very skinny legs, wider hips and really a combination of both. Go for being fit and healthy with well developed legs.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    So, what are we talking about here, a gap from knees all the way up to where the sun don't shine? A gap at any point in between said knee and nether regions? a diamond shape thingie? What?

Honestly, I'm confused on what qualifies as a thigh gap. Google wasn't any help. I'm dense and never thought this was a thing.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    These threads are constant here on MFP and they're usually started by the younger girls. Let me give you one guy's perspective - forget about the thigh gap. It requires you to have very skinny legs, wider hips and really a combination of both. Go for being fit and healthy with well developed legs.

it doesn't require a combination of both if you have wide enough hips like i do.
  • erin4609
    erin4609 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Most of those thigh gaps are probably photo-shopped anyway. A lot of guys like curvy girls and big thighs--how else are you going to hold up a nice round bubble-butt? Ever listen to A Tribe Called Quest? "Honey, listen up you got me mesmerized, with your big black hair and your fat *kitten* thighs"
  • KittyViolet
    KittyViolet Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I think it's only possible if a) you have wide hips, as many posters have already mentioned, and b) if you have virtually no fat OR muscle. Muscle is more compact than fat, but there's a reason a bodybuilder's thigh can be the same circumference as a heavyset thigh. I used to concern myself with the trivial pursuits of thigh gaps, but honestly, my thigh muscles will never allow it and I always get complimented on my legs anyway! Focus on the big picture, not the little details.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Spread your legs...thigh gap...done.

This. Why does it matter if they touch when your feet or together? I can see you wanting them to not rub when you walk but that only requires them to not touch when feet are shoulder width (normal walking).
  • Aviva92
    Options
    I think it's only possible if a) you have wide hips, as many posters have already mentioned, and b) if you have virtually no fat OR muscle. Muscle is more compact than fat, but there's a reason a bodybuilder's thigh can be the same circumference as a heavyset thigh. I used to concern myself with the trivial pursuits of thigh gaps, but honestly, my thigh muscles will never allow it and I always get complimented on my legs anyway! Focus on the big picture, not the little details.

how many times do i have to say that this is false? are people just skipping my posts?

i have big thighs AND thigh gap. you just need wide hips.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    why does anyone care?

I never heard of this until MFP
    I am 41...maybe it's my age

I still dont care
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Spread your legs...thigh gap...done.

This. Why does it matter if they touch when your feet or together? I can see you wanting them to not rub when you walk but that only requires them to not touch when feet are shoulder width (normal walking).

Or use a spoon to scoop out anything in the way.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

how many times do i have to say that this is false? are people just skipping my posts?

Yeah, I've seen a woman with big thighs and a thigh gap. Definitely a function of hip width as well as thigh size.
  • imfivebyfive
    Options
    I think without wide hips it's possible. I've known a few who have had this so called gap. They were very underweight, but yeah.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    why does anyone care?

I still dont care

She lies. She totally cares. She's got a whole pinterest board devoted to thigh gap tips.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    why does anyone care?

I still dont care

Nah, it isn't your age. I'm almost 30...and I don't care...lol.
  • 101hellokittys
    Options
    vYAya.jpg
    AHAHAHAHA
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    thigh gaps are out now

stay in touch with fashion please
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

Why is your post the bottom line? You should probably close your posts with an "/thread" so people will know the question has been answered definitively.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    My adductors touch even when my legs are slightly spread apart. I like that they touch.
  • Aviva92
    Options
    why does anyone care?

I still dont care

I didn't know it was a thing until I read it on myfitnesspal constantly. I'm 38 and got made fun of for my thigh gap when I was a kid. I guess times have changed.
  • Aviva92
    Options

Why is your post the bottom line? You should probably close your posts with an "/thread" so people will know the question has been answered definitively.

I'm pointing out that having thin legs as an absolute criteria for thigh gap is incorrect. What exactly do you have an issue with in my post?