PCOS weight-loss input..

Options
12345679»

Replies

• blairmarkland
    Options
    I have PCOS and was diagnosed about 2 years ago when i was 17. I was on Metformin for most of the time but recently got taken off of it because i started to have really bad stomach pains. I have recently noticed that I've been gaining weight and so i started watching my calorie intake and exercise more. I haven't lost any weight.. i think i have actually gained weight to be honest. At this point i don't know what else to do.... idk how long i should exercise for... what to eat.. all of that.
  • melofbacchus
    Options
    Hello all,

I'm Mel, I joined MyFitnessPal today. I was diagnosed with PCOS in April last year. I have struggled with most of the effects of PCOS since I became a teen. The facial hair, no periods for months at a time and weight being the hardest of all. Because I was only diagnosed last year I have not yet been medicated in anyway. Earlier this year I turned down the offer to get a Lap Ban surgery. Today I weigh 121.6 kilos and the only time I have been under 120kg was when I decided to do the Keto Diet last year. Although I lost the weight I began getting chest pain and was advised to stop. I am very frustrated and often think "What's the point". I love that I'm not the only one. It often feels I'm so alone in my battle to lose weight with my friends losing each week. But it's not all about the weight for me. Majority of the time I don't feel fat. My aim is to eat right, be active, get support (hopefully by others with PCOS) and to have fun! PCOS is what I have, not who I am..

Please add me!