Am I the only one that uses this app to gain weight??

Options
13»

Replies

• haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Yep. Trying to gain weight and using this to make sure I eat at least 3000 a day!
  • AleaIactaEst
    Options
    lol, I just was instructed to go here by my doctor- I run 10-15 miles or do 90 mins of hardcore spinning, so I am very active. My doctor does not want me dropping any more weight (I'm 140-145, male, 5'10), and I am tracking how much I eat/burn. Do you guys find the calories on this thing accurate? It is telling me to eat ~3500 just to maintain my weight.
  • Mikemax125
    Options
    How rapid a bulk are you going for?
    1-2 pounds a week would be nice and to stay under 12% body fat as well but not sure how well that will work. I may have to sacrifice the abs for the sake of muscle.

1-2 lbs a week is way too fast imo.

2lbs a week is the equivalent of 104lbs a year!!! way over half of that would be fat at that rate.

I am only bulking until the beginning of april, and then I will cut for summer. Ive gained 25 pounds since July 2012 and have maintained a lower body fat so I know it can be done.
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    bumping because I am interested in learning more - even at my age. :wink:
  • FineasEnferb
    FineasEnferb Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    lol, I just was instructed to go here by my doctor- I run 10-15 miles or do 90 mins of hardcore spinning, so I am very active. My doctor does not want me dropping any more weight (I'm 140-145, male, 5'10), and I am tracking how much I eat/burn. Do you guys find the calories on this thing accurate? It is telling me to eat ~3500 just to maintain my weight.

I am new to here too. Study this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets

Your needs are different than most folks on here. IMO, accuracy will be based on the time and effort you put into setting everything up in MFP initially.
  • helhedded
    helhedded Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    OP,

I'm in the same boat. I however discovered this site to lose. I started my cut around February 2012 and I have lost 80lbs and leaned up nicely eating 404020 along with HIIT type cardio.

My maintenance level is right around 2200cal (desk job) so I'm slowly creeping up to around 2400-2450cal over the next couple weeks. I am clean eater so-to-speak. I don't and won't eat "crappy" foods to meet my macros. I'd rather eat 200g of powder (ouch) than eat a pizza to reach my goal.... lol but that's just crazy ole me.
  • Flaka86
    Flaka86 Posts: 1
    Options
    Nope, you aren't the only one, I thought I was the only one. Its good to know there are others too! :happy:
  • jaygainx
    Options
    No, you are not the only one. I am too trying to gain weight.