Would really like some high protein lunch ideas please!

Options

Replies

• lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    what did you eat that was very high in protein?

I had two (smallish) chicken breasts and a hard boiled egg with lettuce, carrots and peppers with a low cal vinaigrette dressing. According to MFP, 53 grams of protein.

Thanks for the ideas people, keep 'em coming! :-)
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    peruvian chicken
  • Keygaohda
    Keygaohda Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I was wondering how much of the hummus to mix with the tuna - to keep calories in line!
    Thanks
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    bump
  • melissann23
    melissann23 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    A cobb salad wrap: chopped cooked chicken, chopped crispy bacon, slice of avocado, chopped tomato & hard boiled egg ... wrap in romaine leaf, drizzle with dressing, roll up, and eat!
  • jennifeffer
    jennifeffer Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • NoleGirl0918
    NoleGirl0918 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Bump for later - could always use some new ideas for protein :-)
  • amy_letsgo
    amy_letsgo Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dangerxbadger
    dangerxbadger Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Crustless Spinach Asiago Quiche with bacon. Om nom nom.
    Only like 350 calories a serving and packed with protein. So freaking good.
    I like to add a side salad for the extra crunch and by the end I'm stuffed!
  • lynn14
    lynn14 Posts: 116
    Options
    Bump
  • SONIA820
    SONIA820 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, salmon in the pouch, tuna in water in a can, string cheese, hard boiled eggs, chicken, turkey, edamame, nuts and nut butter's, BEANS!!!
  • cricket_77
    cricket_77 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I cook the rice and chicken in bulk on the weekend and eat this every day for lunch:

3.5 oz. Cooked Chicken breast (season with garlic salt, garlic powder, pepper)
    1 C. Brown Rice
    1/2 Cup Veggies (Birds eye Frozen Mixed Veggies)
    2-3 Tbls. Salsa

386 calories and 26 g. protein. Definately fills me up and keeps me going until dinner!
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I just ate for example a 100 calories greek yogurt with 1/4 cup raw oats and 1/2 cup of raspberries at 12...it's almost 2 here nopw and I am still really full.

Greek yogurt and low fat cottage cheese are great at keeping you full.
  • thelaurameister
    thelaurameister Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Grilled salmon is surprisingly delicious as leftovers. It's a tad high in fat, but not overly so if it's a meal. Whenever I make salmon for dinner I will pop an extra filet on the grill for lunch the next day. I personally love it in chunks in a salad with cottage cheese as the dressing for a little added protein punch.
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    recently I've been a big fan of adding a container of greek yogurt to canned soup. It makes it super creamy and yummy without altering the flavor a ton, and adds a bunch of protein! My favorite for adding is fage 2%! (doesn't hurt that this is the EASIEST MEAL EVER!) I used to add cheese to up the creaminess, but the yogurt is an excellent substitution!
  • katies71123
    Options
    bump
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    great ideas!
  • 13turtles
    13turtles Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    My go to high protein lunches:

Any salad (tuna, salmon, chicken, egg, crab) made with Greek yogurt instead of mayo.
    A low fat lunch meat, think chicken, turkey or some beef deli slices rolled with cheese slices around a dill pickle wedge.
    Shrimp - fixed any way. I like to make a dip from Greek Yogurt and Cocktail sauce for dipping. I also like it pan-fried with some Old Bay Seasoning. Shrimp is a great source of protein.
    Turkey Meatballs or Mini-Meatloaves - Good protein and they can be dressed up however you want.
    A protein shake - mix it up before you leave, or take it with you and add milk or water depending on your preference
    Greek Yogurt - I use it for everything, but love it on it's own. Right now, I prefer Fage brand.
    Refried beans and Cheese - It's quick and easy and yummy. Of course I top mine with yogurt and salsa.
    String Cheese – it’s a quick way to add protein
    Peanut butter – higher in fat, but good in a pinch
  • sundaywishes
    sundaywishes Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    bump