Would really like some high protein lunch ideas please!

Options

Replies

• lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Crustless Spinach Asiago Quiche with bacon. Om nom nom.
    Only like 350 calories a serving and packed with protein. So freaking good.
    I like to add a side salad for the extra crunch and by the end I'm stuffed!

Wow, please provide a receipe!
  • dangerxbadger
    dangerxbadger Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    5 eggs
    2c shredded asiago cheese
    1 10oz pkg frozen chopped spinach, pressed and drained
    2 T minced garlic
    1 T olive oil
    Salt and pepper to taste

Heat oil over medium high heat in a sautee pan. Add garlic and cook until garlic begins to turn a golden brown. Beat eggs and add spinach, asiago, salt and pepper until fully blended. Add browned garlic, and spread the spinach mixture into a prepared pie dish. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 for about 20-25 minutes, or until eggs have set and cheese is slightly golden in color.

So easy and so yummy. It tastes great reheated, too! It's also in the MFP database under "Christine's Spinach Asiago Quiche" for those looking to make it and then log it! :) If you're adding bacon, though, you have to add that manually as that was a total afterthought for me! I just baked 2 slices and sprinkled it over the top of the quiche! You could add it directly to the mix fully cooked and crumbled, but my recipe in the MFP database doesn't reflect the addition of bacon! :)
  • droneofvelvet
    droneofvelvet Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    2 servings of smoked salmon (200 calories) on wasa crackers (30-70 calories each) using a mini baby bel cheese spread (35 calories each) with a side salad.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    recently I've been a big fan of adding a container of greek yogurt to canned soup. It makes it super creamy and yummy without altering the flavor a ton, and adds a bunch of protein! My favorite for adding is fage 2%! (doesn't hurt that this is the EASIEST MEAL EVER!) I used to add cheese to up the creaminess, but the yogurt is an excellent substitution!

Must... try... this.... immediately!
  • cottagegal1
    cottagegal1 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Sweet potatoe pudding.

Ingredients
    1 medium sweet potato
    1/4 cup Greek yogurt
    Cinnamon
    Cayenne

Easy to make and very filling anyday!
  • dangerxbadger
    dangerxbadger Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Sweet potatoe pudding.

Ingredients
    1 medium sweet potato
    1/4 cup Greek yogurt
    Cinnamon
    Cayenne

Easy to make and very filling anyday!

YUMYUMYUMYUM
  • nashsheri33
    nashsheri33 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    i like low fat cottage cheese with tomatoes on whole wheat toast. sprinkle with salt, pepper, and basil. what the heck, add spinach.

apple slices and peanut butter is a good snack

garbanzo bean (any kind of bean, really) soup with greek yogurt and fruit

tuna and cucumber in a whole wheat wrap with tomato soup and greek yogurt

carrot sticks with hummus (make your own hummus with greek yogurt and lemon juice instead of oilve oil so it's low fat)

add rotisserie chicken to vegetable soup

quinoa is a grain with lots of protein and it's easy to make in a rice cooker, or on the stove. be sure to rinse it before cooking or it will taste bitter. mix it with just about anything to make a side dish or a main dish. google it.

at the cafe where i work, we make fruit smoothies and add protein powder. just fruit juice or almond milk, frozen fruit, and some ice. you could use peanut butter or almond butter and chocolate protein, with sliced frozen banana and almond milk or yogurt. can't go wrong with chocolate, peanut butter and banana!

and don't forget tofu. it tastes just like whatever you cook it with. use the silken tofu for smoothies and firm tofu if you want it to hold it's shape, perhaps cubed in a vegetable soup.

happy lunching!
  • nashsheri33
    nashsheri33 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    how about meal loaf muffins? bake meat loaf in a muffin tin so you have 12 portable individual servings. i have a great recipe with ground turkey breast, yogurt, egg, carrots, apples, celery, and onion. and other stuff. let me know if anybody wants the recipe.
  • kthycrlsn
    kthycrlsn Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    bump
  • salcha76
    salcha76 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    cold lentil salad w/grilled shrimp....or a huge bag of chopped (or frozen for that matter) spinach, a can of tuna, and some eggwhites! lunch for under 200calories! woot!
  • TheChocolatePrincess
    Options
    I snack on pepperoni, chicken, sardines (must eat in break room not at desk), salmon, eggs, shrimp, cheese, yogurt, etc.t. If you don't eat meat you can do tofu and beans.
  • JLjmckesson
    JLjmckesson Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    bump
  • starkiss100
    starkiss100 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    how about meal loaf muffins? bake meat loaf in a muffin tin so you have 12 portable individual servings. i have a great recipe with ground turkey breast, yogurt, egg, carrots, apples, celery, and onion. and other stuff. let me know if anybody wants the recipe.

I would like this recipe!
  • venturaroo
    venturaroo Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Bump for later!
  • squirtgunsablzn
    Options
    i take some 1/2 cup cooked brown rice. 3 oz black beans, 5oz chicken breast baked with smokey mesquite seasoning and add some sort of hearty salsa with some spice. yummmmmm
  • Zumaria1
    Zumaria1 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hummus with Trader Joe's tortilla veggie and flaxseed chips is a great snack or light lunch.

Lentils over brown rice is great too.

Another favorite of mine is Quinoa with Trader Joe's chicken and apple sausage. I cook the sausage with an apple, some onion and peppers and eat this over the quinoa. Whole meal is about 375 cal. and 21 g of protein

Like others said, I have also used canned tuna, sardines, Greek yogurt, peanut butter, all high in protein and quick lunches.

I will also eat dinner leftovers,such as turkey chili, turkey spaghetti, etc.
  • bandedsandi
    bandedsandi Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I was wondering how much of the hummus to mix with the tuna - to keep calories in line!
    Thanks

I do half a cup of hummus with a small can of tuna - keeps me full for 4 - 5 hours.
  • Nancy_hc
    Nancy_hc Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    rotissary chicken and salsa! yum! somtimes I shred it up and put it corn tortillas :P. I usually eat 1 of the breasts of those rotissary chickens you get at the grocery store. I use natural chunky salsa - just for some veggies and flavor. <3 chicken!
  • dmdegrassi
    Options
    Tuna is high in protein; just use the kind packed in water, not oil. Baked or grilled fish is good if you have access to a stove or oven, or if you like it as a cold leftover. If you have access to a microwave, Lean Cuisine makes some good tasting meals. If you can deal with a liquid lunch, Special K Protein Shakes are good.