Hungry

Options
This is just me venting.

11:30 so hungry...have been for the last hour. Lunch isn't until 12:45

had a snack at 9:45

I'm drinking lemon water.

I have been on so many "eating plans" over the years that I KNOW all the theory. Doesn't stop me from being hungry...

And yet...ever have one of those days that you feel soooo gross in your own body you just want to vomit? I am so disgusted with myself and my clothes.

I'm scared that even though I am VERY carefully counting calories...to being almost obsessive, that I am some how screwing up and UNDER counting my caloric intake thereby inhibiting weight loss.

I'm scared that even though I have counted every calorie, if I'm full I MUST have done SOMETHING wrong.

Thank you for listening

Replies

• Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Whoa....

Eat.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    Whoa....

Eat.
    THIS^
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Why can't you eat till 12:45?
  • treagal
    treagal Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I'm hungry too... and I feel like I ate a lot. No fat peach greek yogurt, half cup frozent berries, banana, apple, bread roll with cream cheese and half a lite mocha. I'm satisfied now and was way less calories then I though...just made good choices. :o)
    Just eat, make good choices, satisfy your need.
  • KateRepine
    KateRepine Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I've found that eating low carb foods helps a lot. Try some almonds or pistachios.
  • emartin17
    emartin17 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    EAT- NOW!

Obiviously there may have not been enough fiber and/or protein in your breakfast to satisfy your body to give you fuel to keep going.
    The number one rule in dieting is to listen to your body's needs, not your minds wants.
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    At the risk of coming off like a b*tch, perhaps you need to seek counseling.

You shouldn't be scared of eating.
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Perhaps eating your exercise calories would be a good idea.
  • fysty75
    fysty75 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Why can't you eat till 12:45?

That's when my lunch break is.
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    If you're under on calories and hungry, simple solution is to eat more!
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    no reason to be scared of eating/food. hungry? eat. eat well, but eat. if it pushes you over, you're over for the day. that doesn't negate what you've done all the other days.
  • fysty75
    Options
    Perhaps eating your exercise calories would be a good idea.

I've thought about that but scared of being in a deficit. If something happens that I don't get to the gym today...
  • fysty75
    Options
    At the risk of coming off like a b*tch, perhaps you need to seek counseling.

You shouldn't be scared of eating.

I understand. I've tried that.
  • McAlyna
    McAlyna Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Eat when you hungry!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're developing a really unhealthy relationship with food. Please consider seeking professional help with this.
  • yowza101
    yowza101 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I eat about every 3 - 4 hours. Breakfast a 6:30am then 10am snack, lunch at noon then 3pm snack. It all depends on what kind of snack I have if I get hungry sooner, it cannot be something of empty calories or no protein. Peppermint tea is also good instead of water sometimes. I do keep 100 calories snacks, fruit cups, yogurt and protein snacks in my drawer. But sometimes even with that I am hungry. Today I couldn't wait for lunch even though I had my snack. It is frustrating some times but we just have to come up with different food choices to keep us going.
  • azrrt76
    azrrt76 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I've found that eating low carb foods helps a lot. Try some almonds or pistachios.

Yes! I've learned its always way better to eat something to hold me over and it has to have fat and/or protein...like nuts, or peanut butter. Then when you get to lunch, you won't be famished.
  • fysty75
    Options
    eating my taco salad.

Thanks everyone.
  • LisaJ2904
    LisaJ2904 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I eat .... a lot ...and often when I am not hungry , but if you are hungry you need to have some thing. I just had 3 eggs scambled with semi skimmed milk. full of protein & now I am full. Food is fuel, just make the right choices. Good luck 2 you x
  • fysty75
    Options

Yes! I've learned its always way better to eat something to hold me over and it has to have fat and/or protein...like nuts, or peanut butter. Then when you get to lunch, you won't be famished.

I had PB on my corn thin at break.
    Need to get some almonds or pistachios.

Looked up peanuts last night. Hubby and i were HORRIFIED at how much you get for the huge amount of calories.