You can tell you're counting calories when...

Options

Replies

• airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    When you stand at stare at the pizza you just splurged on because you ate light all day to bank the calories and then are stumped because they cut it in squares instead of the usual pie shaped wedge slices and now you have no idea how much you can have due to the change in the size of the pieces!

I hope Dominos reads this! LOL

Oh man, THIS for sure (at Marco's Pizza). Complained big time since there was nothing that said they do this, especially since on website it tells you per SLICE not square.

And :
    *It does take me an extra hour or more to food shop now, you'll know I've been in the aisle when you see 3 products turned around with the nutritional stats showing.
    *I also have chocolate (and chips, and fruit, and cereal, etc) in the fridge ( pantry, etc) as it's not worth the calories/carbs to eat it.
    *You get up in middle of nite to add the snackie you took after you logged off for the day realizing you forgot to enter it since you felt guilty like you cheated.
    *You throw out food that you made or bought after you decide its not worth the cals/carbs/sodium ...but you would have eaten it before MFP.
    *You re do your food diary a billion times during the day to find dinner that will fit your goal and not set you over your limit after you remember you ate something you forgot to enter earlier.
    *When you realize you've wiped the plate clean vs letting the dog get the scraps since you are counting every calorie
    *You bring your own Can't believe it's not butter, salad dressing, low sugar ketchup & measuring spoon when you eat out.
    *You have copies of nutritional stats to every FF place and restaurant in your car (along with Calorie King book) just in case you get hungry.
    *Friends that do know you're watching ask if you can eat at (insert restaurant) or should they find a better one for you and no longer mention buffet places to you
    *You have emailed restaurants to find out nutritional info for new items that aren't on website yet or you need clarification of how it's made or if it includes the sides or bread
    *You aren't sure what you will order out, but you've got a post it with a few different meal ideas planned out in your pocket
    *You learn to eat grilled chicken sandwich or burger w/o the bun (they sandwich it on lettuce leaves) & opt out of their sauce since its not worth wasting the calories (and you did bring your low sugar/low carb ketchup with you)
    *You order the kids meal and you don't have kids
    *You weigh each apple before you add to your bag to make sure they're all the same weight
    *You ask for dressing on side, tell them not to put croutons on your salad, to leave off the bread basket, ask if the iced tea is unsweetened, ask for less or no butter or oil when cooking, get the to go box at the onset & divide the meal and box it before you put forkful in mouth
    *You drop a piece of pre measured food on the floor and race your dogs to get it before they do
    *You stop feeling guilty when said dog stares at you as you eat your 100 calorie chips and don't give them any
    *By the time you've gotten all your meals and snacks planned, you are no longer hungry
    *You go thru pantry trying to find the lowest cal/carb/sodium products when using the recipe calculator
    *You look at the specific food item as calories / carbs not for the food it is
    *You are actually annoyed when the amount of M&Ms in the fun size bags are not the same in each bag-you were cheated!!

Gotta come back to this thread, thought I was the only calorie obsessed person out there.
  • honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    You regard the bun that your chicken arrived is in as an 'indulgence'.

Your wine glass has ml and oz measurements Sharpie'd onto it.

You've had chocolate in your fridge for months that you can't quite bring yourself to 'spend' your calories on.

Your tastes have changed so much that you crave coleslaw more than fries.

You run up and down the stairs twice to get fitbit to give you enough calories to eat that last mince pie.

Your Pinterest 'Food and Drink' board is the stuff of dreams and fantasies.

You have to wash measuring cups several times a day

You take your scales with you to work

You spend 15 minutes reviewing each food item for nutritional information and comparing to other similar items before making a selection
  • serenalesley
    serenalesley Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    * When you drop a bit of pre-measured, pre-logged food on the floor and consider eating it even though it's now covered in cat fur.

* When you decide you actually don't want to eat the ruined piece of food, but pick it up anyway so that you can weigh it and un-log that piece from your MFP diary.

* When someone offers you coffee and you have to say 'no' because you don't have your sweeteners with you and you can't justify drinking that much sugar.

* When the bowl for your digital scales is dishwasher-safe but has never been in the dishwasher because you need it constantly so you automatically rinse it after every use.

* When you're in a restaurant and you take a photo of your food of your food when it arrives so that you can estimate the calories as accurately as possible later.
  • SeaRunner26
    SeaRunner26 Posts: 5,143 Member
    Options
    You spend hours in the grocery store staring at the nutritional information on food packaging.
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options

Your wine glass has ml and oz measurements Sharpie'd onto it.

I think you made a mistake somewhere in this line. What you meant to say was 'BOTTLE', but you accidentally typed 'glass'. Silly little person. Wine is to be enjoyed straight from the bottle.

To err is human and whatnot, so I wouldn't sweat it if I were you. Boy are you ever lucky to have ol' CannibaV around, right? ^__^
  • Rinylee
    Rinylee Posts: 16
    Options
    When you start replacing your ice cream for greek or regular yogurt.
  • jennbarrette
    jennbarrette Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    When your kids ask for a bite of what you are eating and you hesitate because you already measured and logged it...
  • amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    when trying to figure out how many ozs of ice cream was on that spoon you just licked after getting your kid ice cream.
  • wannadance
    Options
    Soooo many of these!! lol :laugh:
    NO!! Don't serve me! I'll serve myself!

instead of being at the gym for x amount of time, u stay till u reach a certain calorie burn

When you see a new product the first thing you do is look at calories and gram of protein before buying it

Counting every nut instead of counting the handfuls.

When know the individual calorie of ...1 of anything.
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Lmao,
    Looking up the calories before you order, then decide the calories aren't worth it.
    Endless counting, especially crackers, like they are a treat.
    Your kid offering you a raisan from his box and you say no, because it's not worth logging 1 raisan.
  • PINKinquisition1908
    PINKinquisition1908 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    ...this thread makes you feel less neurotic and more normal
  • SeaRunner26
    SeaRunner26 Posts: 5,143 Member
    Options
    you won't eat something because you don't know how to log the calories
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    When someone spills a bag of chips and you discover that you now have the Rain Man-like ability to know how many calories were wasted just by the sound.
  • fmebear
    fmebear Posts: 172 Member
    Options

You run up and down the stairs twice to get fitbit to give you enough calories to eat that last mince pie.

HA! This!!

TOTALLY but it for me it is that wee bit of chocolate. Or making sure you make your steps and stairs. LOL!! Time to bump up my goals.
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    You get angry at restaurants who do not post the calorie content in their food on the menu, when a year ago you hated the ones that did
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Your mom calls you the "Calorie Ninja" because you know and can quote the calories in everything everyone is eating.
  • laurainparis
    laurainparis Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    When you have five sets of measuring spoons but there never seems to be a clean tablespoon! (Seriously, it's my most used measuring device!)

^This!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    When someone spills a bag of chips and you discover that you now have the Rain Man-like ability to know how many calories were wasted just by the sound.

Ha! I call myself the Rain Man of calories, because I have an amazing memory for how many cals foods have!
  • laurainparis
    laurainparis Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You used to happily eat the tupperwares of food your mom would occasionally bring by, now you guiltily dump them because you have no idea how many calories are in them.
  • fmebear
    fmebear Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Or realizing you are headed towards a child's birthday party - eat an apple and drink a large glass of water BEFORE you leave so that you WON'T eat the cake. Yet your mouth still waters when you see the chocolate cake.