You can tell you're counting calories when...

Options

Replies

• kimmieyr1
    kimmieyr1 Posts: 189
    Options
    You allow yourself some toast as a treat. It puts you just over your calories for the day, but it's ok this once. You've had a hard week, after all. :|

Just ate toast! lol!
  • lirr10185
    lirr10185 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Love this! I'm not the only one. My husband thinks I am crazy with my measuring cups, spoons, and food scale.
  • kimmieyr1
    kimmieyr1 Posts: 189
    Options
    When you get home and go through your pockets for the wrapper of that protein bar/snackkie snack you bought that you need to log.

i do this all the time.
    Heck, I have dug it out of the trash before...my husband thinks I am insane. Google is also my best friend.

^^ This all the time!
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    you workout longer just so you can have that cookie and be under your calories.
  • Reneeisfat
    Reneeisfat Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You become really good at adding fractions because you dig through a chopped salad and start putting together quarters of cherry tomatoes, fifths of black olives and julienned carrots.
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    You're allowed 24 chips as a treat, but you seek out the largest ones in the bag.

Haha i do this!
  • rafa3l
    rafa3l Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    -you set up and have a first date with someone...at subway.
  • Khisalandra
    Khisalandra Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    When you're losing track of where you are in the cooking steps for something you've made a gazillion times before without thinking because you're scanning and writing down everything for a new My Recipe here on MFP!

I did that tonight. Totally forgot to preheat my oven, and almost overcooked the pasta because the barcode didn't want to cooperate on the soup can! haha
  • Mslibb
    Mslibb Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You email Burger King for the nutritional information of the Bomb Burger you just saw on the telly, because you can't find it on their website.

And then wait more than a day for the reply before you decide whether to to go and buy one or not...

(Yes, I did this :blushing: But it worked - I no longer wanted it when I found out the calories!)

This sounds good! So, share the info., please, so I can nix it from my "To Eat" list.

It was a while back now, but I think it was around 500-600 or so calories. I remember thinking it wasn't so bad compared to some of the other burgers, but then realised it was almost half my daily allowance! I think I even worked out how much 'good' food I'd be able to have for the same calories - another 'counting calories' thing to do!
  • fotofreak01
    fotofreak01 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    When your husband brings an Arby's Molten Chocolate Lava cake to you at work and the first thing you say is, "Are you flipping crazy???? What the hell is wrong with you???" =-/
  • mcflat29
    mcflat29 Posts: 2,159 Member
    Options
    When your husband brings an Arby's Molten Chocolate Lava cake to you at work and the first thing you say is, "Are you flipping crazy???? What the hell is wrong with you???" =-/

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I hope you smacked him!!

When you're logging your meal at the restaurant and the waitress walking by stops to ask, "Oh are you on MFP? Is that meal in there? Do you need the nutrient info?" :wink: :love: (PS: I now love my local Pub even more...) :drinker:
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    When you count EVERYTHING. "One cracker, two cracker, three cracker MORE!"

Or getting really confused and frustrated when cooking rice and pasta.
  • 2pupsmama
    Options
    It takes you 30 min longer to grocery shop because you're looking at every label.
    LOL This!
  • angelaruti
    angelaruti Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have been wanting to try the "new" dark chocolate snickers I saw on tv...but I keep telling myself it is better i not know what it taste like
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    ...you start referring to low calorie foods as "cheap" and high calorie foods as "expensive"!
  • ApocalypticFae
    ApocalypticFae Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    When you innocently ask your friend, "what's the recipe for this? Did you use butter?"

Love the sharpie on wine glass idea!

:laugh: Love this one.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    When you have five sets of measuring spoons but there never seems to be a clean tablespoon! (Seriously, it's my most used measuring device!)

You've been in my kitchen! I was actually at the dollar store yesterday contemplating buying yet another set of measuring spoons and cups. Its out of control.
  • gimpygramma
    gimpygramma Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    NO!! Don't serve me! I'll serve myself! *takes out measuring cups*

^^^^This.:laugh:
  • BuckeyeBabe10
    BuckeyeBabe10 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    It takes you 30 min longer to grocery shop because you're looking at every label.

^^^ Amen! Especially when I'm trying a new recipe, I'm looking for the best quality product that will fit the recipe with lowest sodium, sugar, calories, fat, etc.

Thankfully, if I know my "staple" foods, it helps cut down on the browsing/finding/deciding time.
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    You eyeball a snack but know you'd have to post it on MFP where your friends can see and change your mind.
    [/quote

Too funny!