You can tell you're counting calories when...

Options

Replies

• TheresaC928
    Options
    You weigh any meat, chicken or fish you have after it is cooked and when out can visually guesstimate calories/ounces.

You feel guilty if you go a little over your daily allowance of calories

You feel guilty because your life is so busy you had no time to workout. And yet, you probably ran around and burned lots of calories you know nothing about. Can't wear my HRM all day. :)
  • TheresaC928
    Options
    - It takes you an extra half-hour or so to do your weekly grocery shopping because you read the label (or compare labels) on everything you haven't purchased before.

- Meal planning involves a compass, a TI-80 graphic calculator, an Excel spreadsheet, and an astronomy chart

Actual LOL! :D

love these comments. LOL
  • TheresaC928
    Options
    You count everything you eat. I had to laugh at myself while counting crakcers last night!

OMG so true! Soup and crackers have to be counted like it's a luxury to have crackers. LOL
  • TheresaC928
    Options
    NO!! Don't serve me! I'll serve myself! *takes out measuring cups*

Hahaha! :)
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    The husband is taking his turn cooking, and presents your plate of food along with a sticky note with all ingredient amounts written down.
    :love:
    Now, that's romance.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,090 Member
    Options
    When you get home and go through your pockets for the wrapper of that protein bar/snackkie snack you bought that you need to log.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,090 Member
    Options
    The husband is taking his turn cooking, and presents your plate of food along with a sticky note with all ingredient amounts written down.
    Now, that's romance.

He's a keeper.
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    When you get home and go through your pockets for the wrapper of that protein bar/snackkie snack you bought that you need to log.

i do this all the time.
  • Momma1213
    Options
    you put one cracker back because it goes over your allotted lunch limit.
  • serenalesley
    serenalesley Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Now, that's romance.

I do that for mine! (Sometimes even with scannable barcodes handed to him.) He always smiles at me and tells me that he loves me for doing it, it's very sweet. :D
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    buying groceries can take upwards of 3 hours from excessive nutritional content reading!
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    You allow yourself some toast as a treat. It puts you just over your calories for the day, but it's ok this once. You've had a hard week, after all. :|

Haha. I totally do this.
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    You start dreaming about eating voluminous quantities of chocolate cake and mince pies...
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options

Your Pinterest 'Food and Drink' board is the stuff of dreams and fantasies.

And this, haha :laugh:
  • Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Just today:

counted out my peanuts for a snack
    pulled up MFP at the restaurant for lunch. more than once.
    used measuring cups at the table to fix my plate
  • firemanfive0
    firemanfive0 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    - you count the chips in the chocolate chip cookies and take the one with the least amount in it.
  • veddar79
    veddar79 Posts: 205
    Options
    You quit going out to eat, after you realize there is nothing low cal.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    ....instead of being at the gym for x amount of time, u stay till u reach a certain calorie burn

....u buy a pack of snack for the movies and count every piece u eat while watching cause u only allowed urself 200 cals and cant eat the whole bag

.....u examine the plate for 10 minutes before eating the food when ur at a restaurant to estimate how many calories it has, then leave out small pieces that 'arent worth the calories'

....u have to pull out the calculator to figure out what 235 cals per 100g of x actually is (this is how labels are in Norway sigh)
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    buying groceries can take upwards of 3 hours from excessive nutritional content reading!

This is me... I have to schedule it now so that I have enough time. :D
  • tynger112
    tynger112 Posts: 351
    Options
    When you cry and walk away when someone orders buffalo wings at the bar.